3,193 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I  made the dumbest mistake ever and my petition was rejected. I checked and checked everything and did not realize I wrote my check out for $530 instead of $535!! I was so mad, but the crazy part, they spent $5 to mail all my documents back to me....:wacko: Wrote a new check and sent the package back out and the post office confirmed it was delivered today so I am thinking I am still a February filer yea? 

02/02/18 - Sent I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox

02/08/18 - USCIS received package

02/20/18 - Petition Rejected and sent back to me (wrong fee amount sent) 

2/20/2018 Re-sent I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox

03/01/18 - Text/Email Notice  of NOA1 (dated 2/26/2018)

03/02/18 - Check Cashed

03/16/18 - Hard Copy of NOA1

xx/xx/18 - RFE/NOA2

xx/xx/18 - Case at NVC/Case # Received

xx/xx/18 - Embassy Received Case

xx/xx/18 - Medical Appointment

xx/xx/18 - Interview Appointment

xx/xx/xx - Visa Received

xx/xx/xx - POE to USA

11/18/18 - Wedding date  I LOVE my Khal :wub::wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I just wish there was a fast forward button!!!

02/02/18 - Sent I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox

02/08/18 - USCIS received package

02/20/18 - Petition Rejected and sent back to me (wrong fee amount sent) 

2/20/2018 Re-sent I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox

03/01/18 - Text/Email Notice  of NOA1 (dated 2/26/2018)

03/02/18 - Check Cashed

03/16/18 - Hard Copy of NOA1

xx/xx/18 - RFE/NOA2

xx/xx/18 - Case at NVC/Case # Received

xx/xx/18 - Embassy Received Case

xx/xx/18 - Medical Appointment

xx/xx/18 - Interview Appointment

xx/xx/xx - Visa Received

xx/xx/xx - POE to USA

11/18/18 - Wedding date  I LOVE my Khal :wub::wub:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 2/26/2018 at 2:39 PM, IndigoFlowers said:

Haha, I'm glad to hear I am not the only one bugging their US fiancé to hear about what they get in their mail. I am going for a two week trip in April, and then another two week trip in June... I'm hoping to head out there again in August/September, but I haven't made any concrete travel arrangements for that.

That makes sense to come to Canada with your valid work permit!! Much closer and cheaper to travel to the US from here. Last year I visited my fiancé every other month in the summertime for at least 2 weeks at a time and didn't have issues at the airport POE (at the time he was just my boyfriend, but that never caused any issues either). I was typically just asked what I did for a living and when I was returning to Canada - simple and fast! 

I don't think you will have issues entering the US.. it might be beneficial to be able to prove that you have your work permit in Canada, but many people who are not Canadian enter the US through Canada all the time, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. 

Honestly some days I feel like a pest, after he's been at work all day and I'm like DID YOU CHECK THE MAIL?? PEOPLE ON THE FORUM HAVE THERE NOA1 😂

Thats so exciting! It's nice to have next visit dates set, it honestly helps the time pass and gives you something to look forward too! Prior to filing we always had next visits dates scheduled because now it's me tossing up, do I stay home and work work work save save save (for when I can't work in the USA) or do I just bite the bullet and visit, flights from aus are just so damn expensive!

When are you planning on relocating? Do you have a date that you're aiming for? (Given that the process is quite lengthy)

Canada is still definitely an option I hope with a work permit and return flights out of the USA it won't cause any issues at the border. It's just so much closer and cost effective for visits, especially while we are all waiting for our NOA2's there's not much we can really do in between but wait or visit lol.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, conch monch said:

Hi all, 

Thought I would say hello. The boy posted our petition today (02/26/18) so I'm assuming we will end up as March filers, but wanted to hang out/lurk in the forums somewhere in the meantime, if you don't mind a ring in :) 

Congratulations on posting your packet! And don't course you can hang with us! All the best to you!! 

Ps I see you're from Aus too! Nice to have another fellow Aussie friend and filer <3

Edited by Adrii

3 hours ago, BibisCoco said:

I  made the dumbest mistake ever and my petition was rejected. I checked and checked everything and did not realize I wrote my check out for $530 instead of $535!! I was so mad, but the crazy part, they spent $5 to mail all my documents back to me....:wacko: Wrote a new check and sent the package back out and the post office confirmed it was delivered today so I am thinking I am still a February filer yea? 

it all depends on when they received your doc. you will get NOA 1 so just wait what your NOA1 says. Though March it will be early march which not too bad and Feb only 28 days :) 

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Everyone!  I packet is being sent out tomorrow. USPS Next day.  Good luck!

February 27,  2018 - Overnighted I-I29F

February 28,  2018 - Received by Dallas Lockbox

March 5, 2018 - Received NOA1 Text

March 8, 2018 -  NOA1 Hard-copy

September 7, 2018 - Received email petition approved

September 10, 2018 - NOA2 Hard copy received 

October 16, 2018 -  Left NVC for CDJ

October 26, 2018 - Received consulate letter dated Oct 23rd

March 15th, 2019 - Interview date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Adrii said:

Congratulations on posting your packet! And don't course you can hang with us! All the best to you!! 

Ps I see you're from Aus too! Nice to have another fellow Aussie friend and filer <3

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes, another Aussie. Seems to be a few of us around ☺️ I'm from Canberra, what about you? 

2 hours ago, vinnie&andy said:

Hi everyone!

We just got our NOA1 online notification!

I guess we're some of the last February 2018 filers!

Good luck to us!

:jest:

congrats! good luck

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

22 hours ago, Adrii said:

Honestly some days I feel like a pest, after he's been at work all day and I'm like DID YOU CHECK THE MAIL?? PEOPLE ON THE FORUM HAVE THERE NOA1 😂

Thats so exciting! It's nice to have next visit dates set, it honestly helps the time pass and gives you something to look forward too! Prior to filing we always had next visits dates scheduled because now it's me tossing up, do I stay home and work work work save save save (for when I can't work in the USA) or do I just bite the bullet and visit, flights from aus are just so damn expensive!

When are you planning on relocating? Do you have a date that you're aiming for? (Given that the process is quite lengthy)

Canada is still definitely an option I hope with a work permit and return flights out of the USA it won't cause any issues at the border. It's just so much closer and cost effective for visits, especially while we are all waiting for our NOA2's there's not much we can really do in between but wait or visit lol.

Yeah, that's a tough toss up and definitely difficult since you're so used to having visit dates scheduled. If you can manage a couple trips - or at least one!! - I suggest it, especially since we don't know exactly how long we will be waiting. In a perfect world I would love to be relocated in October, BUT, at the moment I don't know how plausible that is. I've stopped aiming for any dates, as long as it happens within 2018, that is good for me. Do you have any date you are aiming for?

On a side note, we finally got our hardcopy of our NOA1 today in the mail! I guess I won't have to ask about his mail for awhile now :lol:

Edited by IndigoFlowers

K1 Journey

Spoiler

Sent I-129F: Feb 9, 2018

Petition received by USCIS: Feb 15, 2018

NOA1 Text Notification: Feb 20, 2018 

NOA2: Aug 21, 2018 😍

NVC Case # & Invoice ID: Sept 6, 2018

NVC "In Transit": Sept 18, 2018

Case "Ready": Sept 25, 2018

P3 Received: Oct 5

P3 Sent: Oct 16

P4 Received: Oct 18

Medical: Nov 13

Interview: Dec 6 - APPROVED! 

POE: Feb 12, 2019

Applied for SSN: Feb 15, 2019 (rec'd SSN: April 4th)

AOS Journey

Spoiler

Sent I-485, I-131, I-765: April 15, 2019

NOA1: April 23, 2019 (hard copies received April 29, 2019)

Biometrics: May 16, 2019

RFIE for I-148: June 20, 2019 (requesting birth certificate)

Sent Response to RFIE: June 25, 2019

Response to RFIE received: June 28, 2019

I-485 "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" notice: Sept 4, 2019

I-765 (EAD) Card in Production: Oct 11, 2019

I-131 (AP) Approved: Oct 15, 2019

I-765 (EAD) Card mailed out to me: Oct 17, 2019

EAD/AP Combo Card received: Oct 19, 2019

Interview: Jan 28, 2020 - Approved 2 year conditional green card

ROC Sent I-751: November 1, 2021

Credit Card Charges Pending: November 9, 2021

Text Message: November 10, 2021 @ 3:46 am

NOA1 Dated: November 9, 2021 (hard copy received November 17, 2021)

Biometrics Waiver Dated: November 30, 2021 (hard copy received Dec 6, 2021)

Approval Notice Dated: April 10, 2024 (hard copy received April 16, 2024)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 2/19/2018 at 6:31 PM, jay9475 said:

Hey all, 

Just curious if any of you have used a credit card for payment? When I was ready to file, I noticed on the USCIS site, it now allows to pay with credit card, with no additional fees, just have to attach a G-1450. So, I did, and hopefully it'll work out well! 

I sent my package as a credit card payment too.  I hope there's no glitch and payment doesn't go through.  I read if the payment doesn't process the first time they won't run it again and decline the whole packet.

February 27,  2018 - Overnighted I-I29F

February 28,  2018 - Received by Dallas Lockbox

March 5, 2018 - Received NOA1 Text

March 8, 2018 -  NOA1 Hard-copy

September 7, 2018 - Received email petition approved

September 10, 2018 - NOA2 Hard copy received 

October 16, 2018 -  Left NVC for CDJ

October 26, 2018 - Received consulate letter dated Oct 23rd

March 15th, 2019 - Interview date

Timeline
On 20/02/2018 at 2:10 PM, jay9475 said:

Looks like it! I sent packet on 2/16, so let's hope it goes smoothly!

We also elected to pay by credit card. I'm more worried about the payment system not yet being finely tuned, payment rejected, than I am for a RFE! 😂 I'm sure it'll be fine though.

Timeline
2 hours ago, ThisCharmingMan21 said:

I sent my package as a credit card payment too.  I hope there's no glitch and payment doesn't go through.  I read if the payment doesn't process the first time they won't run it again and decline the whole packet.

😩😩😩 let's hope this doesn't happen.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.