TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

4,398 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, mysticdolphin95 said:

Hopefully they post it today?  Fiancé is in Hamilton so he should get it fairly quickly once it's sent :)

Have you guys purchased your flight yet? We got ours yesterday, jeez its expensive buying at the last minute, like double what we normally pay. Eeeek it's getting so real now!!!

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
2 minutes ago, MarksMate said:

Have you guys purchased your flight yet? We got ours yesterday, jeez its expensive buying at the last minute, like double what we normally pay. Eeeek it's getting so real now!!!

Nah not yet, looks like it's still $1200 NZD for the dates he's looking at...about what we were expecting.  We're both hardcore Air NZ patrons so no budget flights, unfortunately!  Would be great to buy the flight now but after SO many delays, I'd just be stressed out that something would happen in the last minute.

I think the hardest part of this process for my fiancé is going to be getting all his stuff through the airport when he enters the U.S. - 2 suitcases , a carry-on, a backpack, and a road bike packed in a big box!  Not quite sure how he's going to get it all...unfortunately I've got neither the time nor the money to fly over like your fiancé's doing, that would be a huge help!

22 minutes ago, mysticdolphin95 said:

Nah not yet, looks like it's still $1200 NZD for the dates he's looking at...about what we were expecting.  We're both hardcore Air NZ patrons so no budget flights, unfortunately!  Would be great to buy the flight now but after SO many delays, I'd just be stressed out that something would happen in the last minute.

I think the hardest part of this process for my fiancé is going to be getting all his stuff through the airport when he enters the U.S. - 2 suitcases , a carry-on, a backpack, and a road bike packed in a big box!  Not quite sure how he's going to get it all...unfortunately I've got neither the time nor the money to fly over like your fiancé's doing, that would be a huge help!

Oh I know exactly what it's like being a airline patron! I did a flight back home to South Africa with AIRNZ and had such a terrible experience but they had a great sale on my August trip to the States so decided to go with them, hated it!!! I purchased extra leg room and it's still so cramped on their planes. Just my luck. I've been spoiled flying with Emirates and Qantas all my life, blame my parents lol. We paid almost $4000 and flying with Qantas >.< Nicholas got a return and I got a one way, but a good friend of mine is a manager at Flight Centre so having connections helps, but I still found it too expensive!!!! Couldn't freaking believe it!!!! My parents and brother paid $4400 for 3 return tickets in the same route for the wedding, like we paid almost the same, I almost told him not to come, he wasn't having it though,  but we are flying into Peoria airport, so it's Auckland-L.A-Chicago-Peoria. It's like 24 hours of flying. Great job living so far away huh. I am still salty about how much we spent on flights because I know how much the family paid for theirs. 

He is taking his bike with him? :o he is gonna need some help getting everything through!!! Hopefully he can fit it all on the trolley. Well I suppose that he will have a lot of time on his hands when he get there as we can't work for a while, so might as well bike. It is helpful having him with cause I have told him to only bring treats for the family in his 2 suitcases and let me put my stuff into his and mine suitcases, woman have a lot of stuff haha. He can keep his clothes in his carry on. They need a special extra baggage allowance for immigration! Emirates does, but they don't fly US-NZ.

That was probably my longest ever message on VJ hahaha, you guys are special. Can't wait to read your POE story!!

Oh, do you still have your courier bag tracking number? You can check if it's on the way! I checked ours and it's scheduled for delivery today

Edited by MarksMate

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

8 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Just got off the phone with Tier II.  They say 2 days ago they sent out a request for initial evidence.  I'm not sure what that is but it is some real information for a change.

"Initial evidence"? 

If it turns out they lost your application I will be so mad.

But then you're right of course, at least you got some news of actual substance. That is awesome

h

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
16 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Just got off the phone with Tier II.  They say 2 days ago they sent out a request for initial evidence.  I'm not sure what that is but it is some real information for a change.

It’s like an RFE but it is not something additional, it means something that should have been originally included in the initial evidence is ‘missing’...

But hey, just like an RFE, it means approval once the information is provided - this is GOOD news, although maybe not for RapidVisa - do they offer refunds if their checks were not adequate? ;-)

MY PERSONAL K-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
(In progress)

I-192F sent: 6/7/2017

I-129F arrived (by USPS): 6/12/2017 (Date recorded on NOA1)

NOA1 email received: 6/14/2017

NOA1 hard copy recieved: 6/19/2017

RFE Recieved: 12/30/2017

RFE response sent: 1/2/2018
RFE response recieved: 1/3/2018

NOA2: 1/12/2018
NVC Recieved: 1/26/2018
NVC Case Number Assigned: 1/26/2018
NVC Sent To Embassy: 2/2/2018

Medical (London): 2/5/2018

Interview (London): 2/23/2018 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand: 3-2-2018 - Home Delivery

POE (Atlanta, GA): 3/13/2018 (booked)

EEEEK!! Our V

7 minutes ago, vocaledge said:

It’s like an RFE but it is not something additional, it means something that should have been originally included in the initial evidence is ‘missing’...

But hey, just like an RFE, it means approval once the information is provided - this is GOOD news, although maybe not for RapidVisa - do they offer refunds if their checks were not adequate? ;-)

I think I know what it is. This is on me. I was arrested and the charges were dropped and the arrest was expunged in 1991. I forgot about it. It was work related and I was the resident engineer on a job site that the town we were working in didn’t like. We had imminent domain so they had me arrested and dropped the charges an hour later. I need the police paperwork for that. I just actually read the 129F and it is obvious. The delay is my fault. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Lol  can someone tell me how to delete the very random post I posted 4 posts ago lol!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Holy Sh*t this just made my day! I'm super happy for you! I know your wait is almost over now!

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

1 minute ago, JSCGPV said:

Holy Sh*t this just made my day! I'm super happy for you! I know your wait is almost over now!

I hope they are nice to me.  Now that I actually read the petition this is not a good thing to leave out.  The Tier II did say it was a request for initial information.  I will take my spanking.  It was 27 years ago.  It completely skipped my mind.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

I hope they are nice to me.  Now that I actually read the petition this is not a good thing to leave out.  The Tier II did say it was a request for initial information.  I will take my spanking.  It was 27 years ago.  It completely skipped my mind.

Well. it wasn't a flat out denial, so I'm sure it's a good thing and sounds like an easy fix. It makes me wonder if I left anything out?

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.