TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

4,398 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/20/2018 at 9:57 AM, John & Rose said:

It actually starts the day that is on the letter. Odds are pretty good that you will see a letter before the site gets updated. The approval date is on the letter and hopefully online too!  Start calling NVC a few days after they receive the petition. 

Forgive the dense question here, but what is the benefit of calling the NVC and inquiring about your case / case number?  Does that sometimes cause them to open and action your case faster?  I am asking specifically because I hired an attorney early on before I ever found Visa Journey (VJ > Lawyer) and he advised us to just wait until the NVC calls.

I-129F Sent: June 22nd, 2017 (via attorney) :D

I-129F Received: June 30th, 2017 (USCIS date) :)

I-129F NOA1: July 5th, 2017 (VJ date) :whistle:

I-129F NOA2: January 16th, 2018 :D

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Eu_Sou_Douglas said:

Forgive the dense question here, but what is the benefit of calling the NVC and inquiring about your case / case number?  Does that sometimes cause them to open and action your case faster?  I am asking specifically because I hired an attorney early on before I ever found Visa Journey (VJ > Lawyer) and he advised us to just wait until the NVC calls.

Yes.

It is well known and documented here that calling the NVC, often they can actually create and provide your case number in the phone call, allowing you to shave some time in scheduling medical and interview without waiting for a letter in the mail.

MY PERSONAL K-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
(In progress)

I-192F sent: 6/7/2017

I-129F arrived (by USPS): 6/12/2017 (Date recorded on NOA1)

NOA1 email received: 6/14/2017

NOA1 hard copy recieved: 6/19/2017

RFE Recieved: 12/30/2017

RFE response sent: 1/2/2018
RFE response recieved: 1/3/2018

NOA2: 1/12/2018
NVC Recieved: 1/26/2018
NVC Case Number Assigned: 1/26/2018
NVC Sent To Embassy: 2/2/2018

Medical (London): 2/5/2018

Interview (London): 2/23/2018 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand: 3-2-2018 - Home Delivery

POE (Atlanta, GA): 3/13/2018 (booked)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, vocaledge said:

Yes.

It is well known and documented here that calling the NVC, often they can actually create and provide your case number in the phone call, allowing you to shave some time in scheduling medical and interview without waiting for a letter in the mail.

I thought I had read that, but the Lawyer said we needed to wait.  I am going to ask for clarification and possibly a refund of my remaining retainer.  Just awful.  Thank you very much.

I-129F Sent: June 22nd, 2017 (via attorney) :D

I-129F Received: June 30th, 2017 (USCIS date) :)

I-129F NOA1: July 5th, 2017 (VJ date) :whistle:

I-129F NOA2: January 16th, 2018 :D

event.png

I am catching up on reading here (all of a sudden didn't get notifications on the June thread anymore and was wondering if there was an exodus of Junies all of a sudden, but no, a third thread, and 22 pages of it already!), I just want throw in a huge CONGRATULATIONS to all the new approved people, finally this is moving!!!! Sad to see lots of people are still waiting, but I am sure you are very close, it's a matter of days now, hopefully!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

We have the medical tomorrow. Kind of surreal but also just want to kill the time between now and our interview. I feel bad saying this here because we are ahead of most junies but it's still been 9 months since I've seen her and she can't visit me here until she gets her visa. We didn't expect this long of a wait!

2 minutes ago, useful89 said:

We have the medical tomorrow. Kind of surreal but also just want to kill the time between now and our interview. I feel bad saying this here because we are ahead of most junies but it's still been 9 months since I've seen her and she can't visit me here until she gets her visa. We didn't expect this long of a wait!

Good luck! I can't wait to see my SO again either, although he visited in November, so I can't even imagine how it is for you. I think we all understand here that it is not a competition though, it is painful for everyone, separation just sucks. :( I hope it goes very fast from here on for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lotts said:

Okay... My RFE is basically more photos and evidence that we met within the last 2 years (they must really want to see more of our goofy faces and my purple and turquoise hair.) He forgot to tick a box saying I'm not a mail order bride 😂...

Another thing is they have said my passport stamps are illegible. Please send legible copies of passport pages.

What the heck does that even mean?! Anyone have a clue what that means, please?

We sent clear copies of ALL my stamps into BWI. URGHHHHHHHHHHHH 

We sent boarding cards to support that I actually went INCLUDING dated photos. 

This confirms my dread of the RFE. I used rapidvisa and they had set pat quota for pics to use based on their experience. I cranked the resolution on my scanner for the passport photos.  The IMBRA questions were concerning to me. We had met on an online dating site that in no way fell under the IMBRA Marriage broker provisos. We just used a site just like match.com ... and we explained that and included site statements that disavowed any sort of marriage brokering.  The key was that both parties paid a set subscription fee with no guarantees.  The web site basically encouraged private correspondence and encouraged the subscribers to use their own judgement.

Well if they ask for more evidence from me they're going to get 20 pics of a second trip to China with my two teenagers in tow. My boys hung out with her daughter and her parents ... beyond that is getting rediculous.

The case # before mine got approved but it still looks like there are 70-80 of us 29 JUN peeps. Not freaking out yet. But I will be pissed at rapidvisa if we get RFE'd.

A
I-129F Sent : 2017-06-25

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F RFE GENERATED

I-129F RFE sent back

I-129F RFE RCVD by USCIS
I-129F NOA2:    2018-04-11

2017-06-29

2018-02-15 

2018-02-28

2018-03-01

NVC Received Date:               2018-04-20       

NVC Case No. assigned:       2018-04-30

NVC Depart Date:                    2018-05-16

Interview Date:                        2018-07-26

Interview Result:                     APPROVED

Visa Received:                         2018-08-03

Arrival Date:                             2018-08-27

AOS filed:                                 2019-02-28

Biometric Appt:                       2019-03-27

AOS Interview:                        2019-08-06

Result: Approved

Green Card Received             2019-08-21

Timeline
Just now, Catseal said:

Good luck! I can't wait to see my SO again either, although he visited in November, so I can't even imagine how it is for you. I think we all understand here that it is not a competition though, it is painful for everyone, separation just sucks. :( I hope it goes very fast from here on for you.

Thank you! Yeah I try to not mention it much here as I don't want others feeling worse. But I'm just hoping the medical is smooth sailing tomorrow and the doctor doesn't give her many problems due to psychological issues in her past 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jabberwocky1969 said:

This confirms my dread of the RFE. I used rapidvisa and they had set pat quota for pics to use based on their experience. I cranked the resolution on my scanner for the passport photos.  The IMBRA questions were concerning to me. We had met on an online dating site that in no way fell under the IMBRA Marriage broker provisos. We just used a site just like match.com ... and we explained that and included site statements that disavowed any sort of marriage brokering.  The key was that both parties paid a set subscription fee with no guarantees.  The web site basically encouraged private correspondence and encouraged the subscribers to use their own judgement.

Well if they ask for more evidence from me they're going to get 20 pics of a second trip to China with my two teenagers in tow. My boys hung out with her daughter and her parents ... beyond that is getting rediculous.

The case # before mine got approved but it still looks like there are 70-80 of us 29 JUN peeps. Not freaking out yet. But I will be pissed at rapidvisa if we get RFE'd.

I dont think it'd be their fault. People get RFE's all the time for stuff they had already sent in. I just wonder if they lose stuff sometimes 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Jabberwocky1969 said:

The site we randomly found each other was Omegle. He was doing some 4chan thing and I was doing some "looking for Dave" thing and screenshotting the results as per some forum. We just got talking and added each other on Facebook. Years later after we split up from our then partners, I went travelling. Got as far as MD.

Anyway, so it seems that site does not exist anymore. Do I need to send information about the site to say it's not part of IMBRA? 😳

We're also sending around 10 photos now that we got over the 2 years. Can't say that's not enough. 😁

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Jabberwocky1969 said:

We used RapidVisa too. We got our NOA2 on 1/8 without any RFE nor a single call to the uscis.

We met online too but we did not include the website's T&C's nor any proof that it is not an IMBRA. I made a collage of our photos, airbnb bookings, airline tickets, receipts from visits.

I think you'll be fine. Don't stress out about RFE's.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline
42 minutes ago, useful89 said:

In how many days after the approval from uscis you got the nvc case number?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.