TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

4,398 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, Oksmanoks said:

The love of my life just called NVC, after i told him some of you got their case numbers already, and we finally got ours! :) 

I feel so relieved as i did not want to go to work not knowing if we got it or not. 

NOA 2 - January 9

NVC Case number and Invoice ID - January 25

I actually felt tears after this! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Nearly there said:

Our case has finally been received at the NVC after 28 days, I did think it was going to take longer. Fingers crossed we get assigned a case number really soon, they have said it can take up to 2 weeks.......but it seems looking at other cases it wont take that long.

I'm really excited to finally be getting ready for the medical and interview. Woohooo, can't wipe the grin off my face :)

I would start calling NVC they just received my package yesterday and were able to give me my NVC# over the phone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Just now, Hoosier81 said:

I would start calling NVC they just received my package yesterday and were able to give me my NVC# over the phone.

We called twice today......1st time it wasn't there, second time we hit gold, it had arrived.......we will call again tomorrow :D:D:D 

Congrats on yours :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/22/2018 at 8:03 PM, Naes said:

Guys stop believing in lawyers... 

I hired my lawyer about 3 weeks before I found Visa journey.  I was so excited to get the ball rolling, that I was not patient enough to do enough research before we started.  Lesson learned.  I can tell you, from the documentation here, it was a complete waste of money.

I-129F Sent: June 22nd, 2017 (via attorney) :D

I-129F Received: June 30th, 2017 (USCIS date) :)

I-129F NOA1: July 5th, 2017 (VJ date) :whistle:

I-129F NOA2: January 16th, 2018 :D

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

Hey Junnies! It's been a while.... we haven't received our NOA2 yet... and I'm here getting panic attacks! 

Quick question.... Does anyone know if its ok for the petitioner to submit a birth registration notice in place of a certified birth certificate for the i-129F Application? It's the short form BC and i just noticed it states on it "This is NOT A BIRTH CERTIFICATE" :unsure: ..... Now it has been bothering me ..... can anyone confirm? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Stanley & Brandi said:

Hey Junnies! It's been a while.... we haven't received our NOA2 yet... and I'm here getting panic attacks! 

Quick question.... Does anyone know if its ok for the petitioner to submit a birth registration notice in place of a certified birth certificate for the i-129F Application? It's the short form BC and i just noticed it states on it "This is NOT A BIRTH CERTIFICATE" :unsure: ..... Now it has been bothering me ..... can anyone confirm? 

It should be the long form of birth certificate or passport (all pages)

if you think you sent it wrong, just get it ready just in case if you get an rfe :) 

may I ask your initial noa1 received date?

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Naes said:

It should be the long form of birth certificate or passport (all pages)

if you think you sent it wrong, just get it ready just in case if you get an rfe :) 

may I ask your initial noa1 received date?

Oh yikes!!!! I really hope they don't......... he doesn't have one and they can take up to 4-6 weeks to get! 

Noa1 received on Jun 28, 2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Oksmanoks said:

The love of my life just called NVC, after i told him some of you got their case numbers already, and we finally got ours! :) 

I feel so relieved as i did not want to go to work not knowing if we got it or not. 

NOA 2 - January 9

NVC Case number and Invoice ID - January 25

Congrats! That's super quick! 

Want to come party it up in Los Angeles once your K-1 is in hand? Add your name to the list (everyone is welcome)! :jest:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AcLp5pKlTwcn_Gv-eibkW4RQiCUOq_GSJXVQTarG2Vs/edit

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker. Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Still waiting for NOA2 Approval? Call USCIS and ask to speak to Tier 2.

How to talk to a live person at USCIS? https://goo.gl/54z5bZ -USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval?  https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to contact NVC https://goo.gl/zssbX1 - NVC - (603)-334-0700

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php 

I-129F NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Stanley & Brandi said:

Oh yikes!!!! I really hope they don't......... he doesn't have one and they can take up to 4-6 weeks to get! 

Noa1 received on Jun 28, 2017

Then just in case get all pages of passports copies ready (even the empty pages)

in our case the long form had his mothers name wrong, so we instead included the passport all pages with the short form (hope it will be ok)

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Naes said:

Then just in case get all pages of passports copies ready (even the empty pages)

in our case the long form had his mothers name wrong, so we instead included the passport all pages with the short form (hope it will be ok)

Ok thanks for your help Naes!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.