pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Kirk&Kean said:

I hope so too. Well I am gonna call again on Apr 25 / 26 as that put us in 90 days from RFE Responded date (Jan 26). I was also instructed by the USCIS Tier 2 officer to call back 1 month after (our call on Mar 26) as he says he thinks our case is just waiting to be scheduled for interview since there is nothing flagged. However, our case status on USCIS.DHS is still with "Received your Respond to RFE on Jan 26", whereas USCIS.GOV case status has recently having lots of problem now that my i-485 case status returns in error (from my mobile USCIS App, I can see that some USCIS officer messed up updating the case status of my i-765 on the i-485's receipt number, then edit it back to original but without the case status comment, hence results in validation error).

Well, I believe it doesn't fully depends on local office. NBC is the where the initial review of all submitted docs, as well as background check. They are also the one who liaise with Local Offices about interview dates and etc. I do believe it depends on the Officer/Agent who handle the case, in this I believe cherry-picking might be correct. Just put in the imagination of being one of the officer in there, you see two incoming applications, one with 300-500+ pages of supporting docs, another one with maybe 100-200 pages, which will you pick?
I am not complaining here, but just trying to think logically and see it from another point of view, there might also be issue such as new staff in the office, needing guidance from senior agent to guide them along while handling case, which might delay the whole process of reviewing. Our response of RFE have about 300+ pages sent by our attorney (we only hired Attorney upon receiving RFIE due to i-864 form insufficient of supporting docs to prove the income/asset is sufficient to sponsor me).
While same thing will also happen at the local office, where cases that are finished with initial review + background check at the NBC, case have to be forwarded to Local Office, Agent who work at local office will have to pick and go through case by case again prior to conduct the interview with each and every applicant.

I just assume DebbieWRaney's application probably is quite straightforward, especially if you file with sufficient income, no RFIE being issued, and maybe less than 300 pages? Haha...
My AOS package sent in had about 75-100 pages I forgot. Response of RFIE is the bigger pile since it is completed by Attorney. Altogether, probably close to 400 pages... in addition to we are using income+asset+ co-sponsor for our case, maybe that make the whole thing much more complicated.

Oh my! I encourage you to call them and see if you can get an answer of what's going on since you haven't received an answer from your rfe response.

Yes, our case was pretty straightforward. My package had maybe 70 pages overall? I honestly didn't count but I am pretty sure I had less than 300 pages. Haha

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, DebbieWRaney said:

Oh my! I encourage you to call them and see if you can get an answer of what's going on since you haven't received an answer from your rfe response.

Yes, our case was pretty straightforward. My package had maybe 70 pages overall? I honestly didn't count but I am pretty sure I had less than 300 pages. Haha

Haha, my guess was right. Well I will just wait patiently, lol it is hella boring in Yuma, but we moved here cause of the cheaper living expenses as my partner's parents and sister are living here in Yuma. But I will definitely call to check.

We were living in my home country back then when he was retired and traveling in Asia. If it wasn't for our attorney telling us to stay-put in Yuma until we receive the green card, we would have moved to PA by this month. There's more universities that offer the program I wanted to study in (bachelor's degree) PA, furthermore it is recognized by NSA and DHS as the course syllabus are designed to meet their stringent criteria. But I still have to delay the study to 2019 as we will have to establish our residency by living there for a year. Gah, I can't stand the Summer heat here, so hooooottttt!! The unemployment rate here is rather high too, hard to get a job, and I am in IT field, there's a military base here, lots of IT job nearby here require DoD certification or secret clearance, which I cannot apply. I have applied to several job applications but have yet to hear anything, part time in college, some IT position in K1-K12 school. 

Well we've already made our mind up that (we hope to get the interview date a.s.a.p and get the interview done and have GC on hand before or by Aug/Sep). We cannot stay here any longer after this Summer. We will move even if we don't get the GC this coming Fall. Worst case would be that the case be transferred to Philly office and takes another 3-6 months before we get interview again. But if all the moving causes the interview to be delayed until past June 17, 2019 (Our 2nd wedding anniversary),  upon approval for the GC, the good thing is I'd be having the 10 years GC instead of Conditional. But if the interview is being done before that, then I will have to wait for 2 years, 90 days before expiry to remove the Conditional. Hate to have to think about spending another amount on medical examination again if our case go past this July as that is 1 year from our filing date, all medical exam only last/valid for 1 year from filing date, should any interview go beyond the filing date, a new medical exam is required once again, which means more $$$!!

Spoiler

K1

Oct 07, 2016 - I-129F Sent | Oct 14, 2016 - NOA1
Nov 08, 2016 - NOA2 | Dec 02, 2016 - NVC Case Number Assigned
Dec 09, 2016 - Case left NVC to US Embassy in KL, Malaysia | Dec 16, 2016 - Consulate in KL confirm case has been received
Dec 30, 2016 - Packet 3 Received | Jan 31, 2017 - Medical Exam & Vaccination
Mar 02, 2017 - Interview at US Embassy in KL (Interview Schedule was flexible as instructed on the Packet 3) | Mar 06, 2017 - Collect Passport at selected destination (Visa was approved on the interview day)
June 09, 2017 - Arrival in U.S. POE | June 17, 2017 - Marriage in Santa Rosa, CA - Honeymoon in SF ~ | June 28, 2017 - Officially relocated to Yuma, Arizona

Spoiler

AOS - Days including RFE pausing period |  Timeline resets to Day 1 after response of RFE | Days from filing date but exclude RFE pausing period
July 14, 2017 - Mailed AOS packet to Chicago (i-485, i-765, i-131) | July 18, 2017 - Packet Received (Day 1)  | July 24, 2017 - SMS and Email notification of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP  (Day 6)
July 28, 2017 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy (AoS,EAD,AP) and Biometric Appointment Letter (Day 10) | Aug 17, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment Completed (Day 30)
Oct 27, 2017 - Request for Initial Evidence Letter Issued by USCIS (i-864) - RFE  (Day 101) (All cases are paused on this day, shall be resumed as soon as USCIS received response of RFIE)
Oct 30, 2017 - RFE Post-stamp date (Day 104) | Nov 2, 2017 - Received RFE Hardcopy (87 days were given to respond) (Day 107)
Nov 6, 2017 - Consultation with an Immigration Attorney (Decided to hire the Attorney to represent us to prepare the RFE(Day 111)
Jan 20, 2018 - According to our Attorney, the package is mailed out via USPS Priority Express (Day 186)
Jan 23, 2018 - Received Proof of Delivery from USPS that the package has arrived at 10:05am and signed by "M Sievers" (Day 189) (Responded by Day 86 since the Post-Stamp is dated on Oct 30)
Jan 26, 2018 - USCIS changed the  Case Status for i-485 to Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received (Day 192) (Assuming USCIS count this as official received date and reset my case - Day 1)

Mar 19, 2018 - Called the USCIS Hotline, spoke to a tier-1 USCIS Officer, explained about SRs raised not being responded despite 30 days have passed for at least 2 SRs, 3rd SR is still pending for response. Tier-1 Officer intended to forward my call to Tier-2 Officer, but due to high vol of calls, I was recommended to call back the same day 6pm or following day 8am.  (Day 244) (Day 52)

Mar 20, 2018 -  Intended to call USCIS by 8am,  but noticed I got notification about case update : EAD"We are producing your card and will mail it to you... it may take up to 120 days".  AP: "We've approved your case "Read the notice we mailed you for more information". (Day 245) (Day 53) (Day 154)
Mar 22, 2018 - Called to USCIS request for speaking to Tier-2 Officer just to check on the progress of my EAD, was told my Combo Card has been produced effectively today.Case status for EAD updated in the evening: "We mailed your card to you, The U.S. Postal Service will deliver it." Day 247) (Day 55) (Day 156) | Mar 23, 2018 - Received hardcopy NOA2 for EAD and AP. (Day 248) (Day 56) (Day 157)
Mar 24, 2018 - Surprised to find my EAD AP Combo Card arrived at the mailbox, Yay! (Day 249) (Day 57) (Day 158) | June 11, 2018 - Filed AR-11 Change Of Address via online system (along with case receipt number) due to relocation (Day 328) (Day 136) (Day 237)
June 12, 2018 - Called USCIS to verify address, 15-30 days for the new address to be reflected into their system and I should expect an email/mail update. (Day 329) (Day 137) (Day 238)
June 13, 2018 - Sponsor has to file Form i-866 Change Of Address due to the i-865 form was filed with the old address, mail it to the address indicated on the website. (Day 330) (Day 138) (Day 239)
Sep 25, 2018 - Mailed EAD/AP Renewal Package via USPS to Chicago. (Day 434) (Day 242) (Day 343)
Oct 4, 2018 - AOS status change to - Interview was being scheduled on Oct 4, 2018. I truly believe this is due to the EAD/AP Renewal triggered them to look into when was my AOS filing date. (Day 443) (Day 251) (Day 352)
Oct 19, 2018 - Scheduled InfoPass Appointment in local field office (Philadelphia), check with Officer why is our interview scheduled at former address, was told we did our part, filed change of address on time, everything in system shows up correct, he has no idea why but told us to go ahead and mail a letter to the interview location field office (Imperial County, CA - closer to Yuma,AZ our former address). (Day 458) (Day 266) (Day 367)
Oct 22, 2018 - Mailed off the letter to the field office which have our initial green card interview appointment, to request for transfer of case. (Day 461) (Day 269) (Day 370). Field Office Imperial County received our letter on Oct 25. (Day 464) (Day 272) (Day 373).
Oct 30, 2018 - Call USCIS hotline number spoke to Tier 1 CSRep, request to file a Service Request for transfer of our case due to wrong state of residency and jurisdiction. SR filed via phone. (Day 469) (Day 277) (Day 378).
Nov 8,  2018 - Infopass appt with FieldOffice(Philly), verify case transfer. Was told our file has left Arizona since Nov 5, 2018, en-route to Philly. Was told Interview scheduling = first come first serve basis. May delay up to 6-8months. (Day 478) (Day 286) (Day 387).
Jun 14, 2019 - No news on AOS despite being told in Mar19 that we should expect interview scheduled letter, however, after filing 2 SRs of beyond normal processing time for EAD-Renewal - on this date, case status updated to New Card is being produced. (Day 696) (Day 504) (Day 605).

Jul 12, 2019 - Noticed of Interview Prepared and Mailed Out (We did not get any Case Stats Update). (Day 724) (Day 532) (Day 633). Jul 22, 2019 - Interview Letter appeared in our Mailbox suddenly, after I filed for beyond normal processing time a week ago.(Day 734) (Day 542) (Day 643).
Aug 12, 2019 - Interview Date - within 5 minutes of entering the Room, nicely greeted by a very friendly officer, she told us she already liked us by reading our case, she mention it is an easy approve for us (Brought new i-693MedExam as mine is expired). (Day 755) (Day 563) (Day 664).
Aug 21, 2019 - AOS Case Status updated to Approved + Ordered New Card Production. (Day 764) (Day 572) (Day 673). Aug 24, 2019 - Received Hardcopy of NOA 2 Approval Notice for AOS(Day 767) (Day 575) (Day 676).
Aug 27, 2019 - GC shows up at USPS Informed Delivery shows Expected Delivery Date on Aug 29. (Day 773) (Day 581) (Day 682). 
Aug 28, 2019 - GC arrived a day early than the expected delivery date. (Issued date is 8/21 - best birthday gift ever!!) (Day 774) (Day 582) (Day 683)

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:23 AM, helnazedain said:

The exact same thing happened to me in February. :) Your interview schedule is will most likely be a month after the letter was sent. My letter was sent on Feb 27 and my interview is on April 3.

And to answer your question, no it doesn't, but keep in mind that EAD and AP will not be necessary once you get your green card. So if you get approved on your interview, they *may* no longer send you your EAD and AP. I still don't have any news about mine and I'm not worried. All I gotta do is pass the interviw on Tuesday. :)

So excited to see everyone with upcoming interviews!  Please post and let us know how they all go!

How did the interview go @helnazedain

Jlj4m8.png

On 4/2/2018 at 6:47 PM, Stt said:

Well That's if a mail was even sent out. They wouldn't even transfer me to teir 2 said due to high call volume they're not taking any more calls and that someone would call me bk or I should try again tomorrow one rep transferred me but the wait time was 120 mins long i eventually gave up and hung up and if course the persons I spoke to had the same error message as me so they were of no help. I'm not worried I'm just taking it as something good is coming my way😁 regardless of what it is at least I know that my case is being looked at and not just sitting in a pile.

No matter what time you call, the call volume will always be high and the wait time long, especially since more and more people are asking for tier 2 reps (probably due to this tracking glitch). Of all the times I called, I was never directly transferred to an IO. It would always be that automated message that says there's a wait time of xx minutes. If you listen carefully, though, it'll tell you to press 1 if you want to schedule a callback. It would then confirm your number and have you say your name. I ALWAYS got a callback. It wasn't always within the provided time frame, but I always got a callback from an IO.

01/03/2018 - Sent AOS, EAD and AP packet 

01/12/2018 - NOA1

01/19/2018 - Received NOA 1 hard copies

01/26/2018 - Received biometrics appointment letter

02/05/2018 - Biometrics schedule

02/26/2018 - "User-defined error" when tracking I-485 status

02/27/2018 - Called USCIS regarding tracking issue and was told that a request for interview letter was sent this day

(Tracking issue is due to a glitch that happens when a case is updated, usually when interview letter is sent - no fix for this atm)

03/05/2018 - Received AOS interview schedule

04/03/2018 - AOS interview (same day approval but not on the spot)

04/03/2018 - AP was denied

04/06/2018 - Green card was mailed to me

04/07/2018 - Received AOS approval notice in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

I suspect we may have the interview letter in the mail today. Something from USCIS showing in informed delivery for the day. Fingers crossed, would love to have her get the green card before the EAD/AP gets finished. I know she would like to be able to start hunting for a job here with the spring graduates.

K1 Visa:

Spoiler

17th April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

11th September 2017: RFE Issued

19th September 2017: RFE Reply Recieved

4th October 2017: NOA2 Approval date

9th October 2017: NVC Received
13th October 2017: NVC Case # Received
17th October 2017: Left NVC

23rd October 2017: Consulate Received

9th November 2017: Interview

29th November 2017: POE

8th December 2017: Wedding

AOS:

Spoiler

19th January 2018: NOA1 Recieved Date

25th January 2018: NOA1 Notice Date

2nd February 2018: Biometric Notice Date

23rd February 2018: Biometric Appointment

30th March 2018: Interview Notice Date

9th May 2018: AOS Interview Appointment

9th May 2018: I-485 Approved

14th May 2018: I-797 for I-485 Received

3 hours ago, CopperChem said:

Confirmation, Interview May 9th. Now for the minor freak out and making sure we have all our papers in a row. The one good thing is her interview for the K1 was back in November so her medical from that should still be good for this round. Meeting with the lawyer next week to go over everything and make sure we are ready for everything. Sad part is he said they used to waive the interview for a K1 Visa but stopped recently.

Hi friend!!!  Congrats on such a quick interview appointment!  I hope you guys are doing well and your wife is adjusting to life in the states :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hi All! March filer here, hoping someone here has gone through rescheduling their biometrics appointment - received husband's biometrics appointment letter today, but OF COURSE it is scheduled for the one day he can't actually make it (he will be out of town for a family thing) - the letter says to mail the notice back if we want to reschedule, back to Virginia, but I am worried this will seriously delay his case... I have seen some posts online about just showing up at a different time, any ideas if this is acceptable? Or should we just send the notice back to reschedule...(we are in southern California, not sure if location makes a difference)

thank you!

Edited by Aklaus

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Qatar
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Aklaus said:

Hi All! March filer here, hoping someone here has gone through rescheduling their biometrics appointment - received husband's biometrics appointment letter today, but OF COURSE it is scheduled for the one day he can't actually make it (he will be out of town for a family thing) - the letter says to mail the notice back if we want to reschedule, back to Virginia, but I am worried this will seriously delay his case... I have seen some posts online about just showing up at a different time, any ideas if this is acceptable? Or should we just send the notice back to reschedule...(we are in southern California, not sure if location makes a difference)

thank you!

Hi! 

I did ny biometrics 1 week before the schedule and they allowed me without questions asked. 

Maybe you can try to have his on an earlier date as well.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Aklaus said:

thank you!

I did both of mind a week early! Try having your  husband did a walk in! 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, lezahennaid said:

helnazedain here. Had to make a new account because it wouldn't let me log in anymore.

Anyway, I am pleased to say we got approved! Interview on Apr 3 went smoothly. The IO was so nice but she didn't approve us on the spot as well as other people she interviewed. We were so disappointed after not getting an approval on the spot as we planned to celebrate over lunch. We ended up eating cheap tacos and ice cream instead. Ha! 

I called USCIS the next day though (since my case status could not be tracked) and asked for an IO to give me a callback. 2 hours later, I got a call and was told that we got approved on the day of the interview, so I assume the lady who interviewed us is one of those IOs who like to review and approve at the end of the work day. But yeah, hooray! :D

Before I walk you through the interview experience, I would like to share something I discovered recently. I found out that making an account at https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov and tracking your case through there is different from (and better than) the USCIS tracker we've all been using. I can track my AOS case status on this page and it says it was approved on April 3. I can also see that my AP was denied on the same day, probably because it's no longer necessary. No update on the EAD, though, which is odd. Anyway, I tried to track these cases again on the app and on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus (logged in, too) and those new updates do not show plus my AOS case number still gives an error. So yeah, give the dhs link a try. :)

And now for the interview. Our appointment was at 9:15 am. We got there around 8:30 am which gave us enough time to park and check in. Was at the lobby by 9 am. There were more than 10 applicants before us but we only waited around half an hour for our turn. Those who were called before us did not come out until 30-45 mins later.

When we got to the IO's office, she opened our file and introduced herself. We did the oath thing and the fingerprint thing, and then she started looking at our papers. First, she verified some info on the I-485 like my name, address, social etc. then proceeded to the 99 no/no/no/no/no questions. This part took so long (about 10 mins) that even she got sick asking those long a** questions. :D She would mark each question after I answered, which I assumed meant that my answers matched. When we were done, she asked if we had filed our taxes for 2017 and when we said yes, she asked for a copy of the income tax return and the W-2s. She also asked for our passports and photocopied them (I brought copies but I don't know why I didn't stop her from making her own copies lol). She also asked if I had a state id/license and I said no, which wasn't a problem at all. Then, she asked if there was anything else we wanted to submit as she was flipping through the rest of our papers and I handed her a copy of our Report of Marriage. She wanted to know what this was for and I said that it was proof that we reported our marriage to my country, the Philippines. She took the paper and then asked for our marriage certificate + a photocopy, then continued flipping through the papers. She confirmed that she has our bank statements and payslips and asked if our joint account was checking or savings. I didn't see her look at any of our photos and she didn't ask to see the ones I brought, so I thought maybe she was already convinced that we're for real. Finally, I wanted to make sure we wouldn't have problems with my medical records so I asked her to confirm that she got my vaccination paper and I didn't need to get another medical exam. She said yes and that it's all good.

After putting the papers back in her folder, she asked me to step out of the room so she could interview my husband first. 15 mins later, she called me back in the office as my husband walked out. My husband was smiling so I figured it went well. She interviewed me for only 5 minutes as she had to wrap it up because the next couple assigned to her was already at the lobby. She said "You're good. Let me get your husband back here." I for sure thought she was going to stamp my passport, but instead, she gave us the paper that says case not yet approved with the first box checked. It said the case is in review and nothing else is required for now, and that we should receive the decision in the mail. She asked us if we had any questions but I was so stunned that I couldn't find the words to ask "WHY DID WE NOT GET APPROVED ON THE SPOT? DID WE SAY SOMETHING WRONG?". @_@ Instead, I shook my head no, smiled, and wished her a good day. I remember her saying something as she handed me the paper, but my disappointment was so deafening that I didn't hear a word she uttered. As soon as we hit the elevator, my husband and I were like, "WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY". :'D 

But hey, we got approved the same day so that's good. The anxiety won't keep me up at night anymore. :D Thank you all for your support and I hope your interviews go smoothly as well and you get an on-the-spot approval! :D

I'll end this very long message with the interview questions. The IO asked me almost the same questions she asked my husband. Very easy!

QUESTIONS SHE ASKED BOTH OF US:

-When, where and how did you meet?

-What did you do the first time he visited you? What happened after he left?

-Did he meet your parents? When?

-Do you have siblings? How many and what are their names?

-Does he have siblings? How many and what are their names?

-When did you arrive in the USA? Was it your first time?

-When did you get married? Who were your guests? What did you do after? Which restaurant did you go to?

-Do you live in an apartment or a house? How many bedrooms do you have?

-How did you get here today? What kind of car does your husband have?

*QUESTIONS SHE ASKED MY HUSBAND BUT DIDN'T ASK ME:

-How much money do you make per month? How often do you get paid?

-Where do you work? What were your previous jobs?

-Where do you go to school? What course are you taking?

(My husband's interview was longer than mine because when the IO found out that my husband is studying to be an airplane mechanic, she started talking about her relative who is in the aviation industry as well. :D)

Congratulations!! Great news and thank you very much for the detailed report, it will help us all. Enjoy not having to deal with patience lool

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Aklaus said:

thank you!

Like others said, have your husband try to do an early walk in, here is a post where you can see by state how it went for previous people when they walked in earlier for biometrics; I did my biometrics 10 days in advance with no issue:

Tell him to bring proof of the trip, just in case they ask for it but in most cases he should be okay, the time of the day he walks in is key.

Good luck

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

On 4/2/2018 at 4:16 PM, bestofluck said:

I saw a letter from USCIS through informed delivery this morning too! And when I was out getting lunch, I got an email from our lawyer saying she received my EAD and AP and green card appointment letter for May 3rd!!! I know USCIS will send a copy of everything they send to your lawyer so I’ll get the interview letter later today too. Good luck everyone still waiting I think this is a very good month! 

My USCIS online tracker just updated today saying my AP is approved, no change for EAD and interview date even though I already got them. Hang in there, they don't really update the website on time I guess.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.