pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
20 hours ago, Wayoo said:

Thanks all, but it's late cuz she just confirmed that Irs approved the filing already so I guess that's one less marriage evidence for us...

Still all thanks to NBC's slowness .. 

Married filing separately should count as evidence too, and that's what you should  have done if married before December 31st, so go for that amendment.

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 hours ago, Julia80 said:

I am (not very) patiently waiting for my AP, we filed for AoS, EAD and AP all on the same application (January 16th). I’ve received all three i797’s and had my biometrics just over a month ago (February 14th - I know, so romantic being fingerprinted, he took me for Chinese buffet afterwards 😍). 

I have the USCIS app and three times now I have received a notification to say “Case Result Changed” but all it says is the exact same blurb as all the other “changes” - “we received your blah blah blah on January blah blah if you haven’t received your receipt notice by blah blah call us blah blah”.

Anyone else experiencing this? I’m jumping out my chair every time a notification arrives and it’s just the same old, same old. Does it mean someone has accessed our file in “the system” maybe? 

Also, it says the receipt notice will have instructions on what to do next but it literally has no instructions whatsoever other than if I’ve changed my address. Is that normal?

Pic attached. 

D1A5C3EC-529F-4CD0-8B48-559EE6690827.jpeg

Hi @Julia80! I've got the same "changes" two days ago on my AP and EAD case numbers. I thought it was a glitch (I use USCIS app) but let's hope they're looking at our cases. I'll keep you guys informed.

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

2 hours ago, DebbieWRaney said:

Hi @Julia80! I've got the same "changes" two days ago on my AP and EAD case numbers. I thought it was a glitch (I use USCIS app) but let's hope they're looking at our cases. I'll keep you guys informed.

Hi! Oh well I’m glad it’s not just me! If both of us got that then that certainly points towards maybe the cases have been accessed and are actually being worked on. I’d rather have that than no news at all like with the K1. It was just months and months of nothing!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Does anyone’s USCIS NOA1 look kind of generic? Mine is on white paper with nothing special. Previous versions of these letters were a light green in color and had an imprint inside the paper looked nicer...just kind of shocked me it was cheap looking lol

17 minutes ago, VickeySis said:

Does anyone’s USCIS NOA1 look kind of generic? Mine is on white paper with nothing special. Previous versions of these letters were a light green in color and had an imprint inside the paper looked nicer...just kind of shocked me it was cheap looking lol

The K1 NOA was on nice paper but the aos ead and ap are all generic white paper and with no instructions even though it says follow the instructions which infuriates me!

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Julia80 said:

The K1 NOA was on nice paper but the aos ead and ap are all generic white paper and with no instructions even though it says follow the instructions which infuriates me!

AOS/EAD this is what????? 

On 3/14/2018 at 3:46 AM, Stt said:

That's how I feel! I decided to stop checking the online status as of yesterday 

Hahaha! I deleted the app long time ago and I have not checked the status online since last Sunday.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, VickeySis said:

AOS/EAD this is what????? 

This is our NOA for i129f. Form says I-797c notice of action has all required info and is all white and boring. Scared me to death thinking omg we are denied or something 🤪🤪🤪

Filed: Country:
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Eros99 said:

Hahaha! I deleted the app long time ago and I have not checked the status online since last Sunday.

I deleted it too. I used to find myself checking uscis web and then the app hoping I'll see something different😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

10 hours ago, VickeySis said:

This is our NOA for i129f. Form says I-797c notice of action has all required info and is all white and boring. Scared me to death thinking omg we are denied or something 🤪🤪🤪

This is a thread for adjustment of status January filers so I assumed you meant the noa for aos

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 hours ago, Julia80 said:

Hi! Oh well I’m glad it’s not just me! If both of us got that then that certainly points towards maybe the cases have been accessed and are actually being worked on. I’d rather have that than no news at all like with the K1. It was just months and months of nothing!

I have been getting this notification EVERYDAY since February. It's driving me nuts! 

I think it's just an app glitch, though. If you have an online profile at the USCIS website, then you can track your case + see when it was last updated. Even though I keep getting notifications saying my EAD case status changed, on the site it says it was last touched on 01/18. 

Pretty sure it isn't an official USCIS app, too, so the info on the website is more reliable than these never-ending "case status updated" notifications. :/

Edited by lezahennaid

AOS, EAD and AP packet sent: 01/03/2018

NOA 1 date: 01/12/2018

NOA 1 hard copies: 01/19/2018

Biometrics appt letter: 01/26/2018

Biometrics appt sched: 02/05/2018

AOS interview letter sent by USCIS: 02/27/2018

AOS interview letter received: 03/05/2018

AOS interview sched: 04/03/2018

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
23 hours ago, DebbieWRaney said:

I also have those changes in the app,but then I check with the website to make sure (in my case is that they received, assigned and processed my change of address - I moved twice...).

Timeline
6 hours ago, Julia80 said:

This is a thread for adjustment of status January filers so I assumed you meant the noa for aos

Yeah dumb moment and wish I was in that thread but it was supposed to be Jan 129f filers🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪 

THANK YOU for responding☺️

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Rmsean said:
30 minutes ago, Fibina said:

I just signed up on https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ - hoping to find out more info about my case, and it turns out there are updates that only show up in that system. My I-485 shows as "We are scheduling your interview" as of February 5th even though the Case Status page I was using so far, https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do still says "Fingerprint Fee Was Received" from Dec 28th. 

Maybe this will help someone to get a little bit of hope, it certainly made my day better.

Happy Sunday!

ok. so i took your advise and checked the site. i noticed that my aos says I'm being scheduled for an interview and i765 says they mailed me something and it didn't deliver but they sent it again. 

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.