pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, zaban said:

Over 90 days still havnt got EAD in Denver anyone with same issue ?

Yay another Denver officer filer. Hello you! 

Yeah I am not gonna worry until about 120 days. I would love it sooner but eh sometimes that is just the way things go. lol My husband gets back a nice tax chunk so we are ok now thank goodness. His health is better lately too and he isn't missing as much work and is putting in overtime right now to make up for what he lost since the company is in their busy time he gains like 18 hours of overtime this week alone. WOOHOO.

Just now, Nouchigang said:

Awwww sorry, at least the bad tooth is out it is now a matter of time for you to heal and be able to eat real food. hang in there :)

OMG I can't wait. :P Ironically before this happened I was craving and I know this sounds bad bologna sandwiches with bbq chips. My husband obliged and got me said stuff but then I couldn't eat it. Its mocking me in the fridge right now. LOL Hopefully in the next couple of days. LOL

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline

Having been on this forum for awhile now, I seem to be of the opinion that k1 AOS filers get faster processing time for all cases than B1/B2 AOS filers.

Even though the workload Of each local offices play a vital role in it, still the K1 AOS filers get their cases reviewed timely at NBC, consequently, their cases gets transferred to their local offices faster than that of B1/B2 AOS filers.

Does anyone else feel the same? 

Edited by Wayoo

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Wayoo said:

Having been on this forum for awhile now, I seem to be of the opinion that k1 AOS filers get faster processing time for all cases than B1/B2 AOS filers.

Even though the workload Of each local offices play a vital role in it, still the K1 AOS filers get their cases reviewed timely at NBC, consequently, their cases gets transferred to their local offices faster than that of B1/B2 AOS filers.

i agree as well. looking at the current timelines now it shows the same too.

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Filed: Country:
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Wayoo said:

I feel the same but I also think its based on the case and the workload in the offices. Some states will go faster than some

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Stt said:

I feel the same but I also think its based on the case and the workload in the offices. Some states will go faster than some

Pretty much what I earlier said @Stt.. Even though the workload of various local offices play a vital role, K1 AOS filers get their cases transferred to their local offices faster.. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, Kaitmarie said:

My husband needs a booster vaccine before our green card interview next Monday. Does anyone know if he can bring in proof he got the vaccine or does he need a whole new medical packet? Thanks!

Oh, so you were the first lucky winner in the Jan 2018 thread! I thought it was keixjil. xD I am not sure but I think you may have to have a designated civil surgeon fill out an I-693. Good luck!

Our interview is on April 3 and we are getting our papers ready as well. Let us know how yours goes.

AOS, EAD and AP packet sent: 01/03/2018

NOA 1 date: 01/12/2018

NOA 1 hard copies: 01/19/2018

Biometrics appt letter: 01/26/2018

Biometrics appt sched: 02/05/2018

AOS interview letter sent by USCIS: 02/27/2018

AOS interview letter received: 03/05/2018

AOS interview sched: 04/03/2018

2 minutes ago, Laura123 said:

What ever happened to your case? Did you EAD get expedited and approved? 

Nope, the online status stops on March 1st, that was to let me know that they received my faxed documents and no updates since then. Today marks Day 70 and I'm not in the mood to rush anymore, don't want to deal with the anxiety that involves.  

Filed: Country:
Timeline
5 minutes ago, bestofluck said:

Nope, the online status stops on March 1st, that was to let me know that they received my faxed documents and no updates since then. Today marks Day 70 and I'm not in the mood to rush anymore, don't want to deal with the anxiety that involves.  

That's how I feel! I decided to stop checking the online status as of yesterday 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, bestofluck said:

What was the update you got after they got your fax? And how long did it take for them to acknowledge your fax? 

Reason being that, I faxed my evidence to them last week Friday after receiving their email message advising me to do so... The last update goes like expedite request is completed...

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Wayoo said:

What was the update you got after they got your fax? And how long did it take for them to acknowledge your fax? 

Reason being that, I faxed my evidence to them last week Friday after receiving their email message advising me to do so... The last update goes like expedite request is completed...

I read on another thread that it is also good to mail a copy to NBC or wherever they send you correspondence from, just to make sure they receive it, because most of the time the fax doesnt go thru or gets lost. 

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

16 minutes ago, bestofluck said:

Mine is day 70 as well today and im getting anxious. 

I thought you would be approved as of now. omg it takes forever :( 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.