pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline

Ok so back to the usual drill... Please can any one indicate if their expedite request has yielded a positive outcome lately... 

I must have faxed them same documents well over 5 times in a bid to make sure they get my response containing my evidence for the expedition request, yet no acknowledgement of receipt from them..

Does anyone have a better story to this? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

2 more weeks til the interview. Starting to get a little nervous. Still no news regarding EAD and AP.

Weird, though. I can track my I-485 application now, but it gives me the status of my AP application. 

AOS, EAD and AP packet sent: 01/03/2018

NOA 1 date: 01/12/2018

NOA 1 hard copies: 01/19/2018

Biometrics appt letter: 01/26/2018

Biometrics appt sched: 02/05/2018

AOS interview letter sent by USCIS: 02/27/2018

AOS interview letter received: 03/05/2018

AOS interview sched: 04/03/2018

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/14/2018 at 7:07 PM, Wayoo said:

Ok so back to the usual drill... Please can any one indicate if their expedite request has yielded a positive outcome lately... 

I must have faxed them same documents well over 5 times in a bid to make sure they get my response containing my evidence for the expedition request, yet no acknowledgement of receipt from them..

Does anyone have a better story to this? 

i didn't do mie personally. Got my lawyer and congress man to do it. my lawyer called them yesterday and they just said they would have an official response by today. thats all i know. my lawyer put in the request last week. congressman this week.

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Rmsean said:

i didn't do mie personally. Got my lawyer and congress man to do it. my lawyer called them yesterday and they just said they would have an official response by today. thats all i know. my lawyer put in the request last week. congressman this week.

Got my congressman on the task too, the guy handling my case at his office said he is waiting on NBC, he suggests I call him back by Monday.

I hope my evidence is tenable enough for the request though.

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Wayoo said:

Got my congressman on the task too, the guy handling my case at his office said he is waiting on NBC, he suggests I call him back by Monday.

I hope my evidence is tenable enough for the request though.

what evidence did u drop?

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rmsean said:

what evidence did u drop?

Medical bill with due date of this month end and an email correspondence between me and a potential employer.. That's all 

What about you? 

Edited by Wayoo

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Wayoo said:

Medical bill with due date of this month end and an email correspondence between me and a potential employer.. That's all 

What about you? 

bills. letter of intent to employ.

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Timeline
Just now, Wayoo said:

Pretty much the same thing.. However, how were you able to get your potential employer issue you a letter of intent to employ..?

explained to her the situation. so she said she can't give me an offer, but will give intent if that'll help. how are you handling the filing of taxes on your end?

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Rmsean said:

explained to her the situation. so she said she can't give me an offer, but will give intent if that'll help. how are you handling the filing of taxes on your end?

My spouse had to file without me cuz I don't have the required documents, no SSN no ITIN.

Do you think there's something we could have done about it?

Were you able to file jointly with your spouse? 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Wayoo said:

My spouse had to file without me cuz I don't have the required documents, no SSN no ITIN.

Do you think there's something we could have done about it?

Were you able to file jointly with your spouse? 

ill be going to the social security office to confirm something i read online. then ill know what we can do. we haven't filed yet.

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Rmsean said:

ill be going to the social security office to confirm something i read online. then ill know what we can do. we haven't filed yet.

Do you mind being more explicit with what you read online or better still share the URL link of the information..

Cuz she might be able to withdraw it as it hasn't been approved yet.. She actually filed it yesterday or thereabout..

Edited by Wayoo

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Wayoo said:

Do you mind being more explicit with what you read online or better still share the URL link of the information..

Cuz she might be able to withdraw it as it hasn't been approved yet.. She actually filed it yesterday or thereabout..

READ THIS POST.

https://www.thebalance.com/how-to-get-a-social-security-number-for-non-us-citizens-2064264

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ss-5.pdf

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

13 minutes ago, Rmsean said:

But... just to mention.
If Wayoo's I-94 is expired he/she has to wait until the EAD is here. SSA only gives out a SSN basing on the K1 visa as long as the admission is not expired. 

I got my SSN the week after I arrived here. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Rmsean said:

Oh ok.. Not to be pessimistic but I think we're not in any of the categories eligible for this yet.. I hope to be proved wrong though as I'll be happy to be able to file jointly with my spouse..

So please lemme get the outcome of your visit to SSN office.. Would really appreciate it Mate..

On a lighter note though, have you seen the latest updates on the processing times webpage of Uscis..? If yes, do you find anything wrong with the updates?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.