pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Wayoo said:

Oh ok.. Not to be pessimistic but I think we're not in any of the categories eligible for this yet.. I hope to be proved wrong though as I'll be happy to be able to file jointly with my spouse..

So please lemme get the outcome of your visit to SSN office.. Would really appreciate it Mate..

On a lighter note though, have you seen the latest updates on the processing times webpage of Uscis..? If yes, do you find anything wrong with the updates?

ILL GET BACK A CALL FROM THE SSS IN AN HOUR OR SO AND ASK IF THE VISA AT THE POINT OF ENTRY MATTERS BECAUSE CURRENTLY WE ARE LEGAL AS WE ARE ADJUSTING STATUS.

AS FOR THEIR TIMELINE, I DONT BELIEVE IN IT. SOMETIMES IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE TO ME. I GUYS IT CAN BOIL DOWN TO THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS THEY GET. 

PLUS IM NOT SURE ITS LEGALLY RIGHT FOR YOUR SPOUSE TO FILE SINGLE SINCE SHE IS CURRENTLY MARRIED. YOU SHOULD LOOK INTO THAT SO IT DOESNT CAUSE PROBLEMS. PLUS I DONT THINK YOU WANT TO BE EXPLAINING THAT TOO MUCH DURING YOUR INTERVIEW.

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Filed: Country:
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Wayoo said:

My spouse had to file without me cuz I don't have the required documents, no SSN no ITIN.

Do you think there's something we could have done about it?

Were you able to file jointly with your spouse? 

I'm going to have to do some research on this but if I'm not mistaken in the box that asks for ssn you just put NRA, compete a w-7 form and attach it along with w2 and mail it in 

Edited by Stt

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline

It's a good thing this whole tax filing thingy is trending on the forum now, cuz I never gave it a thought till now.

Please I need more facts on this cuz it might be detrimental to us if my wife files wrongly.. As a matter of fact I didn't even bother asking her how she filled the details, I've been so engrossed in the whole ead thingy...

Is there anyone else in this same dilemma of tax filing while awaiting spouse's SSN?

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Stt said:

I'm going to have to do some research on this but if I'm not mistaken in the box that asks for ssn you just put NRA, compete a w-7 form and attach it along with w2 and mail it in 

THAT IS TRUE. ONE WOULD HAVE TO MAIL THAT THOUGH. YOU CANT E FILE USING THAT METHOD. 

SO SOCIAL SECURITY JUST CALLED ME BACK. THE WOMAN JUST ASKED ME TO FILL AN SS-5 FORM AND GO TO THE NEAREST SECURITY OFFICE NEAR ME. ILL DO THAT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. ILL UPDATE EVERYONE IF THEY ACCEPT OR NOT. FINGERS CROSSED. 

Just now, Wayoo said:

It's a good thing this whole tax filing thingy is trending on the forum now, cuz I never gave it a thought till now.

Please I need more facts on this cuz it might be detrimental to us if my wife files wrongly.. As a matter of fact I didn't even bother asking her how she filled the details, I've been so engrossed in the whole ead thingy...

Is there anyone else in this same dilemma of tax filing while awaiting spouse's SSN?

SO SOCIAL SECURITY JUST CALLED ME BACK. THE WOMAN JUST ASKED ME TO FILL AN SS-5 FORM AND GO TO THE NEAREST SECURITY OFFICE NEAR ME. ILL DO THAT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. ILL UPDATE EVERYONE IF THEY ACCEPT OR NOT. FINGERS CROSSED. 

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Filed: Country:
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Rmsean said:

THAT IS TRUE. ONE WOULD HAVE TO MAIL THAT THOUGH. YOU CANT E FILE USING THAT METHOD. 

Yes  that's correct you can't efile using that method!

Timeline

Let me also point out that can an employed spouse (basically cuz of no ead) jointly file for tax with the other employed spouse... I guess this goes to the K1 AOS filers like @tearsofBabylon with SSN but no ead.. @tearsofbabylon could you please indicate if you filed for tax jointly with your spouse regardless of the fact that you haven't worked since you've been here due to no ead yet? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Wayoo said:

Let me also point out that can an employed spouse (basically cuz of no ead) jointly file for tax with the other employed spouse... I guess this goes to the K1 AOS filers like @tearsofBabylon with SSN but no ead.. @tearsofbabylon could you please indicate if you filed for tax jointly with your spouse regardless of the fact that you haven't worked since you've been here due to no ead yet? 

you can file jointly even if you haven't worked and only your spouse has.

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

23 minutes ago, Wayoo said:

Agreed with the others up there. 
You can add a dependent, even if this dependent doesn't work.
We didn't file jointly though. 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Agreed with the others up there. 
You can add a dependent, even if this dependent doesn't work.
We didn't file jointly though. 

Thanks all, but it's late cuz she just confirmed that Irs approved the filing already so I guess that's one less marriage evidence for us...

Still all thanks to NBC's slowness .. 

17 minutes ago, Wayoo said:

Thanks all, but it's late cuz she just confirmed that Irs approved the filing already so I guess that's one less marriage evidence for us...

Still all thanks to NBC's slowness .. 

No worries, if you file joint next year, you will still have something in hands.
Technically we all don't exist for taxes yet anyways.

Timeline

Spoke to an IRS officer about this and was told she could amend her already filed tax while I fill the w7 form, however, the the while process has to be done manually no e-filing for the purpose... 

Thanks guys, really been helpful..!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, Rmsean said:

8 hours ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

But... just to mention.
If Wayoo's I-94 is expired he/she has to wait until the EAD is here. SSA only gives out a SSN basing on the K1 visa as long as the admission is not expired. 

I got my SSN the week after I arrived here. 

I didn’t apply for ssn yet. But upon ead application approval they will send ssn right? 

Edited by cherryblossoms916

Timeline
4 minutes ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

I didn’t apply for ssn yet. But upon ead application approval they will send ssn right? 

Yes, provided you filled the new ead i-765 form while preparing your AOS packets..

They might arrive together or not so far from each other..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.