Migaloo

I-129F December 2017 Filers

3,578 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

I'm sorry for being blunt sometimes. I understand everyone is waiting. And that's a sad story. But it has nothing to do with anyone's wait here. 

Oh don't misunderstand me love. I agree with you. Just trying to reign in my Dutch bluntness and then reading your comment and going like, damn... I wanted to say that. :whistle:

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Little_Vixen said:

Oh don't misunderstand me love. I agree with you. Just trying to reign in my Dutch bluntness and then reading your comment and going like, damn... I wanted to say that. :whistle:

We should arrange it sometimes then? 50/50? Or next is yours? I had two more blunt moments today..

its vj the possibilities are endless...

PS_ I need an eye roll reaction button...

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have a problem with communication (I've light for of autism) and often sound not the way I mean to.

That's not about competition.

I wanted to point out that whoever is worried about waiting for so long - shouldn't worry. 

And that I understand everyone in this situation.

The situation of waiting for the reunion with my fiance doesn't differ much for me from waiting for the reunion with my big family I haven't seen for years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ariane1 said:

My wait is for the reunion with my family, with those I love.

My fiance is now +1 person in the list of my loved once over there.

You wrote 14+ paragraphs on how you struggled to get to the unites states, and only one about your boyfriend. 

Never mind. I'll drop this before I start saying things I shouldn't...

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Timeline

You wrote 14+ paragraphs on how you struggled to get to the unites states, and only one about your boyfriend. 

Right, so? 

You said you understand me and that our situation is similar. I hug you.

Timeline

I learnt the meaning of "ignorance is bliss" on vj.. this journey made me "zen" on so many levels...

i think now I'm ready for United States of America 🇺🇸 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Naes said:

then probably don't start with the 17+ years part and with a line that starts as of disregarding everyone else.

I'm sorry you were apart from your family, I live apart from mine too, however those were apparent choices made along the way. 

Wow, I don't see it as disregarding at all. Wow, I'm surprised... 

I meant and expected entirely different mood and reactions.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ariane1 said:

Wow, I don't see it as disregarding at all. Wow, I'm surprised... 

I meant and expected entirely different mood and reactions.

Look I'm sad for you and I started reading it that way too. However overall it sounded like your relationship was just a step or a plus as you'd say on the way to US.

and I understand that you missed your family. But the way your whole thing started made me think you are applying a family visa. Literally till the very end I was about to say you are in the wrong forum.

so excuse me if your story and lonely wait sounds more like a wait for green card (or your family) but it does not associate with most of the people here waiting for a fiancé visa.

Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

Look I'm sad for you and I started reading it that way too. However overall it sounded like your relationship was just a step or a plus as you'd say on the way to US.

and I understand that you missed your family. But the way your whole thing started made me think you are applying a family visa. Literally till the very end I was about to say you are in the wrong forum.

so excuse me if your story and lonely wait sounds more like a wait for green card (or your family) but it does not associate with most of the people here waiting for a fiancé visa.

I wanted to write this story and find understanding here, the feeling is the same.

I wanted to show the irony of life, to laugh and cry a little, may be.

I thought may be someone is in the same situation, and may be there will be  problem in getting K1 visa if I'd applied before.

I don't see reasons to be harsh on me or blame me for anything.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ariane1 said:

I wanted to write this story and find understanding here, the feeling is the same.

I wanted to show the irony of life, to laugh and cry a little, may be.

I thought may be someone is in the same situation, and may be there will be  problem in getting K1 visa if I'd applied before.

I don't see reasons to be harsh on me or blame me for anything.

I'm not blaming you, I just told you what it made me feel and think. 

but my advice would be not to go with this full story to interview unless asked about. Cause it does sound different than you imagine it was. 

wow just wow! this is the classic situation that "90 day fiancee" on TLC is showing and makes the K1 process look like a joke (SMH)

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Naes said:

I'm not blaming you, I just told you what it made me feel and think. 

but my advice would be not to go with this full story to interview unless asked about. Cause it does sound different than you imagine it was. 

Thank you for the advice. I'll just take it without digging into details.)

3 hours ago, Little_Vixen said:

Its a Friday, USCIS is working, lets just say DILLY DILLY and enjoy! :pop:

They don't call it Visa Journey for no reason. Everyone's story is different.

Edited by DeepakChani

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 2/20/2018 at 8:07 PM, CaseyCobos said:

My fiancé works everyday too but our time difference is so vast that we manage to call for about two hours each day. It definitely is tough trying to manage time differences and work and everything >_<

For us there is 12-13 hours difference between us right now.  I am going to bed while he is working and vice versa.  Like you we find time to talk every day.  Sometimes for just a few minutes but every little bit helps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.