Swissmiss82

I-129F June, Part II

5,784 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Iris Wen said:

I see a lot of people here who are very impatient for updates. We have to remember that they are understaffed and overworked there so it's completely normal for them to be behind right now. They have a ton of work on their and we have to be understanding and patient. It's not like they're having parties and not doing actual work. Everyone will get a response in due time. We must be patient throughout this process. The more you focus everyday on seeing if there is a response, the longer it will feel. Try to relax a bit and take your mind off of it for a while and wait to receive your answer in the mail. Otherwise, you're only going to bring on more stress for yourself.

I love what you’re saying :wub:

im all for positivity! I just think it’s pretty much impossible given that people here have been waiting 200+ days. 

I myself think uscis to nvc (Just sending the cases over) will be around 40-60 days. They will be processed at NVC around 1-2 months. 

And then the interview phase. Which varies from country to country. My best guess is that that will be another 1-2 months until POE. 

Which is (best case scenario) 4 months if you’re approved TODAY. 

We got approved on December 11th and currently our case is “lost”. I mean it’s somewhere unfortunately nobody at uscis or nvc can tell us where it is. It says it was send to the embassy in Berlin which is wrong on so many levels. 

We made Inquiries and called all the time. Nobody has been able to give us an answer as to where the hell our file is. 

Its so hard to stay positive when you are waiting 200+ days and know you have that before you. 

But we should all try! Good luck to everybody. 

Love to you all. 

Edited by Lana&Tyler

9 hours ago, Kari & Atti said:

I wonder if “notice to explain USCIS actions” means a denial? 🤔

Some people also get that when they are approved, there are stories about it here. But it's mostly denial. I guess whoever gets it, they'd need to wait to get the letter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline
2 hours ago, vocaledge said:

This is very easy to say, but when they raised fees etc etc etc......

Anyway - its not the wait that bothers me... its the lack of communication or information process, and there is NO excuse for that in this situation, with the money we paid, overworked or not.

For example..... half a days work?  I think not; Lack of process + Lack of information = severe, warranted frustration.

MIDDAY SCAN

12/28/2017 3
Your Current Status: Notice Explaining USCIS' Actions Was Mailed 1
WAC1790365934 1
Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed 2
WAC1790351418 1
WAC1790353468 1

This scan made  me feel nervous 

8 minutes ago, Alexg89 said:

This scan made  me feel nervous 

LOL  Me too.  1 denial and 2 RFEs!!!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, SatinderSabiee said:

Haaahhaa...You just made laugh at very sad moment...omg

coincidentally me too 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
28 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

If this were a meal at McDonald's we would complain about the service.  We paid $500+ for a service that they simply have no motivation to perform.  The staff size is the same as it was last year when the turnaround time from NOA1 to POE was 40 days.  No, they are not overworked and understaffed.  They are no longer working in an immigration friendly administration.  They are not feeling the pressure to perform because their boss doesn't care about approvals.  

I'm not making a political comment.  It is what it is and we are stuck dealing with it.  Good or bad, we are not in an immigration friendly climate right now.  That is what is happening.

Amen to that!

incompetenz, current administration, laziness and unwillingness to bring immigrants into the American society is what it is. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, jayjay02 said:

Some people also get that when they are approved, there are stories about it here. But it's mostly denial. I guess whoever gets it, they'd need to wait to get the letter.

How is it possible to get a denial at this point ?! :o

About 7 months waiting to get a denial ? what ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.