Murph4865

I-129F MAY FILERS PART 2

3,606 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Yuliia said:

Good morning. called in the morning don't know why but still no number. NVC received Jan 10 . 

Normal turn around time is 10 business days. So you are looking at any day now. Just a little more patience.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, LucyDolly said:

Ok so I've just called my GP surgery to get a copy of my medical records so that I can call and book my medical assessment in London.

The receptionist advised it would cost £10 initially and then 50p per sheet of paper for a copy of my records and as she stated 'this will cost a fortune'. She seemed as though she'd never heard of this process before and suggested I could have a summary of exisiting conditions instead.. is this enough ?! She's left me confused 

im in the UK if this helps.

May I suggest that you request only the files you need and  request digital copies instead of hard copies...You can print elsewhere for around 3p or 5p per page....Most likely they are just going to pull it up on their computer and print...You can cut out the middle man if the Dr.s office is not trying to profit from the act of you obtaining records you are entitled to for a "nominal" fee...50p per page is not "nominal".  

Here , laws allow collection of nominal fees for your records . How ever, They already belong to you.

You do not have to "PAY FOR THEM" to the extent  that the Physician or medical facility makes a profit.

Definition : Nom·i·nal 

(of a price or amount of money) very small; far below the real value or cost.

synonyms:token, symbolic; More

In short, I would first ask for a digital  only copy of the medical records.

If they wont or cannot provide digital  copies. Then i would very nicely ask for the office manager . in his or her office preferably.

Then i would politely challenge the high cost of 50p per sheet .A cost that  is prohibitive only hinders your ability to reasonably obtain your own records .

Fees for obtaining records are not supposed to generate profit for the facility. They are not even designed to cover the cost of printing but designed to prevent flivorious printing requests that may burden a facility,. 

Be Nice, but be assertive in your request for a reasonable fee that does not exceed the actual cost to the facility for the requested printing. 

GOOD LUCK hope my experience and opinion is helpful, No guarantees .. :) 

Edited by WanderingSouls

10 minutes ago, MariaB Soria said:

Freaking out! The government shutdown will delay even more the process at NVC stage?? I know uscis most likely will continue but NVC is DOS does any one know??

I’m worried about that too!! My NoA2 date is Dec 5th, my fiancé sent emails to NVC on Thursday to inquire our status and to know case#... hopefully they open next week soon with no delay!! 

15 minutes ago, MariaB Soria said:

Freaking out! The government shutdown will delay even more the process at NVC stage?? I know uscis most likely will continue but NVC is DOS does any one know??

Just now, Minori said:

I’m worried about that too!! My NoA2 date is Dec 5th, my fiancé sent emails to NVC on Thursday to inquire our status and to know case#... hopefully they open next week soon with no delay!! 

Try not to worry TOO much. The shutdowns rarely last longer than two weeks:

image.png.672257732237ec082fbd6b0e1c807cea.png

They've happened a lot before, but historically speaking, they do not last long.

1 minute ago, Jaquelly said:

Try not to worry TOO much. The shutdowns rarely last longer than two weeks:

image.png.672257732237ec082fbd6b0e1c807cea.png

They've happened a lot before, but historically speaking, they do not last long.

Thank you for the information!! We were planning to fly to the us before school spring break here (Japan ), because the flight fee gets higher during the break. It finally seems takes 6-7weeks recent days from 8-9weeks, hope no more delays..!! 

Actually even a week delay is big for me...really hope it reopens in a week!! 

6 minutes ago, Minori said:

Thank you for the information!! We were planning to fly to the us before school spring break here (Japan ), because the flight fee gets higher during the break. It finally seems takes 6-7weeks recent days from 8-9weeks, hope no more delays..!! 

I am hopeful for everyone past the NOA-2 phase that the shutdown does not last long.

I know I sound very casual saying not to worry, but I anticipate getting my own NOA2 next week, so the shutdown can kiss my behind. :)

1 hour ago, Minori said:

Agreed... I already past 6 weeks 7 weeks will be next Tuesday NOA2 was Dec 4th! I got weddings plans for 1st week of March.... Every day is a hugeee deal... this waiting really getting on my nerves!!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, LabOz said:

As long as you access the system once every 30 days.

Steven

Very good point of advice.....Not many people notice that it times out after 30 days...me either...

i didnt notice, until i found out the entire ds-160 form  that i filled up was *POOF* gone.. oops !.Start from square 1 again... LOL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Government shut down. Kick the can down the road or kick me....Past the NOA2, Past the NVC, Currently at embassy ready status, Medical appointment scheduled, Embassy appointment scheduled both first part of February. Now a shut down is going to affect me how? Cause more delays how? Just one thing after another to cause delays it seems.  Everyone here going through the process correctly and at their own expense. I just hope I don't have to spend any more of my money to make up for congress in differences. I know foreign embassies will remain open but to what extent? Will visa still be processed or remain in AP until they see fit to start working again? I know I worry to much, but this journey has been a rough ride for May filers, as well as others too. I thought actually having dates for appointments was such a relief that there was a actual time and date to look forward to and not just being told to wait a couple more weeks or other canned answers. I may be worrying about nothing but this journey hasn't given me anything not to worry about so far. If everything stays on schedule from date of filing it will have taken over 9 months to get to a interview appointment and hopefully a Visa in hand. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

This really sucks. Ever since this process started in may it always feels like we're making one step and going two back again. Whenever there's the smallest sign of hope.. boom! they ruin it for us:( I feel sad and I don't understand why they let this happen. Now their own citizens are the ones suffering the most cause they're not getting paid.. and our cases finally make it to the embassy and then just nothing happens again. Takin this uncertainty and not knowing when if ever this will end starts to be painful 

sorry for so much negativity but that's all I have today 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Chin up guys. You are in the home stretch now! If you listen closely you can hear that clock ticking. Every second you are closer to your loved one. Stay strong and remember, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Let's show the US government what we are made of!

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

13 hours ago, findme said:

Thank you. I guess the hard part is over. Well I'm hoping it is.

Yes, it is, you are almost done :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.