Murph4865

I-129F MAY FILERS PART 2

3,606 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, JenD said:

It depends on how long your petition takes to get to NVC. Our NOA2 was Nov 8, NVC received Dec 22, Consulate (London) received Jan 8, booked first available interview slot Jan 29. So, that's 82 days for us.

82 days 😫 wow. This timeline just doesn't make sence what are they doing. 

Thanks for the heads up. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, WanderingSouls said:

no i haven't contacted the embassy for fear of creating a bigger problem, than just showing up with a renewed passport...

He did day one of the medical yesterday  but on day 2 (today)when he was about to receive vaccines, the dr told him he had to wait so they could list his new passport number on the vaccination records... no new fee required  just show up..... My main concern was for the interview. Assuming they have an easy way to adjust passport numbers in their system as they are renewed,  i dont know if 3 days in enough...guess i better call the embassy ....hope its not a can of worms on an otherwise smooth but long process.

First of all that's a good thing on vaccinations because you'll also used them in AOS. But it is not too weird don't worry. I personally don't think it will cause problem if you call them. 

If youre worried that the medical wont be on time, I do think changing the interview date is better just not to wait additionally after approval.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Naes said:

Hmm that is a little more complicated, did you try to contact embassy and medical place just in case? 

any idea of the us number for embassy in manila?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, WanderingSouls said:

Sorry.. maybe @RioMica knows though. 

Actually no no she is applying from Singapore.

Did you check the website?

Edited by Naes

Timeline
14 minutes ago, WanderingSouls said:

Not sure about a U.S. number for the Philippines, but the info is here.

The Embassy’s main telephone number is (63 2) 301-2000.  If you are an American citizen with an emergency, dial 0 to speak with the operator.

For Special Consular Services involving the Arrest, Assault, Death and Welfare and Whereabouts of U.S. Citizens, please dial extension 2246 or extension 2567.

To speak with the Citizenship and Passport team:

Please dial 2555 for Passport inquiries and 2532 for Citizenship inquiries on Mondays, Wedenesdays, or Thursdays (between 1:00 P.M. and 3:00 P.M.).

You may also send us email at ACSInfoManila@state.gov. Please allow three to five business days for a response.

To send us a fax, dial (63 2) 301-2017 or (63 2) 256-0703.

The telephone number for the Consular Agency in Cebu is (63 32) 231-1261.  To send the Agency a fax, dial (63 32) 231-0174.  To contact the Agency by email, please use AmConCebinfo@yahoo.com.

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

Timeline
7 minutes ago, JSCGPV said:

Not sure about a U.S. number for the Philippines, but the info is here.

The Embassy’s main telephone number is (63 2) 301-2000.  If you are an American citizen with an emergency, dial 0 to speak with the operator.

thanks,  i did get thru, and the guy JIN , that answered the phone looked up our case and  assured me i was in panic for no reason.....Med exam 5 days prior to medical will be fine....just bring both passports to the interview...i hope hes better informed than USCIS and NVC call center employees...LOL if not, then panic mode IS appropriate... 

Edited by WanderingSouls

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
58 minutes ago, WanderingSouls said:

OMG !  IM  at a loss for words and i fear i may have made a terrible mistake.....When i filed the i-129f  my fiancee had 14 months left on his passport... NO PROBLEM...FAST FORWARD 10 months to our interview being  scheduled for jan 29 and hes only got 4 months left in his passport.....so he went and renewed it so that he could take to the interview the new passport with more than the six months required remaining for the visa. But......the fees paid and the medical vaccinations are all listed under his OLD passport number..(i had no idea that changes)...What are the repercussions for his current valid  passport number NOT matching the passport (old one) used on all forms filled out with USCIS and the embassy in connection with this k1 visa?   The interview  fee  is tied to passport number and their websites says if it dont match  you forfiet that fee...i can pay the fee but im worried that all the USCIS forms will be invalidated because  its a NEW passport number issued at renewal. PLEASE HELP! IDEAS?

You’ll be ok. Take both passports to the interview. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
28 minutes ago, VandL said:

82 days 😫 wow. This timeline just doesn't make sence what are they doing. 

Thanks for the heads up. 

Well, it's currently taking 6-8 weeks for approved petitions to reach NVC.

Timeline
1 minute ago, TNJ17 said:

You’ll be ok. Take both passports to the interview. 

OK, PANIC MODE DISABLED !  LOL you and @NAES  are both correct...bring both passports and relax. 

8 hours ago, Emanuelle said:

Thank you!!! 

YW :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

45 minutes ago, WanderingSouls said:

NEVERMIND. I read your earlier post and you did get your answer and made the call.

Here is where you can find that answr and mayb others - http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/immigrant-visa-application.html  About half way down the page. May I ask the reasoning to call the Embassy? Maybe it's a question that can be answered by someone in the Philippines sub-forum. If it's a private matter, then I understand and of course no need to explain. Just trying to help if I can. 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

22 minutes ago, WanderingSouls said:

thanks,  i did get thru, and the guy JIN , that answered the phone looked up our case and  assured me i was in panic for no reason.....Med exam 5 days prior to medical will be fine....just bring both passports to the interview...i hope hes better informed than USCIS and NVC call center employees...LOL if not, then panic mode IS appropriate... 

Two years back it was recommended that you complete the medical 5 days before to ensure that the medical package would arrive in time for your interview. But now SLEC gives you the medical packet to hand carry and so it is not necessary to complete 5 days before. Most find this new change good because they can come to Manila from other parts and stay the week and finish CFO, Medical and the interview without having to fly back and forth with an added expense.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, WanderingSouls said:

Medical exam today, told him he can not proceed until he gets the new passport which contains the new number...that wont actually arrive until this monday when he can go back and finish medical....finishing medical on 23 only leave 5 days between medical exam and interview...only 3 days before interview if you dont count the 2 weekend days...they recommend 2 weeks between the exam and interview....is 3 days enough or should i move the interview?

You don't need to move the interview. Here is why. You carry your medical packet to the interview so no need to worry. If you cancel, you'll probably have to wait another month to secure another date but depends on the open interview dates contained within the calendar. If you did not have your medical in time for the interview then you would receive and RFE until such time you can produce the Medical after which your wait is about an additional 2 weeks opposed to 30-45 days if you cancel your interview for your final approval.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Just sceduled interview appointment in US Embassy in Moscow.. Just 29 of March  :(  the earliest possible date. Just 10 slots. :cry:

NOA-2 - 04 Nov 2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.