Murph4865

I-129F MAY FILERS PART 2

3,606 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, IshTre said:

How was your visit to JA? It's good to seeing you posting again. Still praying for an approval for you and Reni.

It was beautiful and definitely needed. I was there for 10 days. Rained half the time but we still had a wonderful time. Definitely hard to leave but the trip gave me extra strength to push forward. 

Thanks again!

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
20 hours ago, TeeSam said:

And to those who say get an immigration lawyer, I have one from the start of this process and he has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING except collect his fees. If I ask him any questions via email(he has never answered his phone) he gets very rude and defensive. He is totally unprofessional and has not helped in the slightest. I am the one sending service requests for my case being outside of normal processing time and I have been the one to call USCIS weekly to try and get an update. I would never recommend anyone use a lawyer for the K-1 visa process. Its a waste of money.

I could not agree more with this. Our lawyer is frakking useless. Rude all the time. Always replies to our emails but never answers any of the questions we ask. Why frakking reply if you’re not gonna answer what we asked? It makes me so mad. The emails we received from NVC about our case always shows NVC cced him but he has yet to even acknowledge to us that he has received such emails. The one time he said something even remotely related to immigration he had confused us with another client and sent us a list of steps for spousal visa and not k1. We simply asked what are the next steps and he flats out lists spousal steps without even saying they were for spousal visas. It wasn’t until I checked this website that I found out all the steps on that list were not related to our case. Rude and unprofessional beyond belief. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

It was beautiful and definitely needed. I was there for 10 days. Rained half the time but we still had a wonderful time. Definitely hard to leave but the trip gave me extra strength to push forward. 

Thanks again!

Girl the rain was no joke down there. I just got back on Tuesday. I am so glad that you now have the extra strength to push forward.

Prayers still going up.

-Ish

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 1/16/2018 at 10:20 AM, JenD said:

Send in your DS-160; then you'll need to schedule a medical, if you haven't done so already; then fill out the Notice of Readiness, pay the fee, and schedule your appointment (for at least five working days after the medical). (the text on the CEAC tracker is old, you schedule your own appointment now.)

@JenD @LucyDolly @JGEP  I'm in the same situation with the London embassy - case is marked as ready but I haven't received a letter from them.  How long does the letter take to arrive and can I do all of the above (DS-160, notice of readiness, book interview etc.) before I receive anything from the London embassy?

Thanks!

On 07/12/2017 at 2:37 PM, AnaMolina said:

Guys, VISA ON HANDS! Omg guys... this process.. my POE is TOMORROW 😱 So I almost didnt get it in time!

so excited

@AnaMolina Ana, sorry for the question, but POE, what does it mean? ;) Thank you

18 minutes ago, Emanuelle said:

@AnaMolina Ana, sorry for the question, but POE, what does it mean? ;) Thank you

Port of Entry. The POE relates to where you will first set foot on American soil and transition through immigration is your POE. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

35 minutes ago, WillnStace said:

@JenD @LucyDolly @JGEP  I'm in the same situation with the London embassy - case is marked as ready but I haven't received a letter from them.  How long does the letter take to arrive and can I do all of the above (DS-160, notice of readiness, book interview etc.) before I receive anything from the London embassy?

Thanks!

The best place to ask your question is in the UK subforum. Here is the link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

13 hours ago, WanderingSouls said:

Agreed !  The forums have a plenty of posters commenting on the mistakes and omissions their lawyers make in filing their cases. The same kind of mistakes we self-filers make.

I looked over your history of post and you are helping many while trying to swim upstream with your visa journey. Would like to invite you over to the sub forum for the Philippines where there are many who can help you. It's better than a lawyer in two ways. 1. It's FREE advice from their personal experience. 2. Your journey will go much smoother because we can let you know the "land minds" so you can avoid them. So hop on over and say Hey.

I'm going to give you a very valuable website to visit that will take you step by step with all the information you will need to pass and receive your visa without all the headaches and gotchas.  Your probably in this area of your jounery: http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

That's Hanks website and he is a very talented individual when it comes to visa processing in the Philippines.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

37 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Port of Entry. The POE relates to where you will first set foot on American soil and transition through immigration is your POE. 

Thank you!!! 

Timeline

Hey guys! I know this has been asked before but I couldn’t find it. What’s next? Called NVC today and they gave me our case number. Got all excited  realized not 100% sure exactly what’s next lol. I looked through out the K-1 flowchart and just wanna make sure 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

NVC update (here and on spreadsheet)

Called NVC extension 7. He told me to call ext. 5.  Called extension 5.  She asked for my receipt number and date of approval on my approval sheet.  I said I don't have it in front of me but I think it was Dec 11th/12th.  She said I need it in front of me with the exact date.  I said the guy I just called told me to call ext. 5 for an update.  She said, "he told to you to call ext. 5. okay, let me put in your information again."  She said they just received my case today and it will take 2 weeks to process." She tried to give me the run around because I did not have the approval paper in front of me :whistle:

Timeline
2 hours ago, WillnStace said:

Thanks!

Same, we haven't received anything yet either.  We've scheduled the medical and the DBS background check.

13 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Wait 5 business days to begin calling. It's rare that your case will have a case number till after 10 bus days. I bet 10 business days will be the norm. 

Thanks @Greenbaum Your wisdom is always welcome!

3 minutes ago, Stela&Eli said:

And they are so fast. Visas are issued and already sent. Tomorrow I have them with me...

I am so excited :jest:

Congratulatioooons!  what did you needed for the kids? I want to take my 9 years old son.

5/27/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS

5/30/2017: Received by USCIS

6/8/2017: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail; NOA1 Hard Copy Receipt Date: 5/30/2017

11/29/2017: NOA2 Notification via USCS App 
12/04/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/11/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/12/2018: Case Number Received

01/19/2018: NVC Left
01/19/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/22/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/05/2018: Medical
02/21/2018: Interview and approved!

03/06/2018: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/2018: POE at Fort Lauderdale Airport

xx/xx/2018: Married to my Love!          

NOA2 to NVC time tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.