Murph4865

I-129F MAY FILERS PART 2

3,606 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
On 12/30/2017 at 3:23 AM, A+B OS said:

Can anyone tell me the next steps after your k1 is approved and issued? What forms are next once my fiance arrives in US?

After you are married you fill a Adjustment of Status. For that you need form I-485 Adjustment of Status, and I-864 Affidavit of Support. Optional forms you can fill for free at the same time are I-131 Advance Parole(allows you to travel outside the US earlier) and I-765 Employment Authorization (allows you to start working earlier). 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/30/2017 at 4:12 PM, AnaMolina said:

Guys, we got married today!!!!

so very happy and can't believe that after struggling so much with the whole process, it finally happened! Never quit believing, it's a long journey but totally worth it!

IMG_4182.JPG

IMG_4185.JPG

IMG_4195.JPG

Congrats!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 12/27/2017 at 5:57 AM, Shaman said:

Hi, May filers!!! 😘😘😘

I am here to share good news with you 😊

I applied for a B1-B2 visa and got approved at the interview this morning ✌️

As I always say "honesty is the best strategy" 😉 I printed out both NOA1 and NOA2 and the invitation letter. I also had a letter from my employer and the bank account 6 months turnover statement , my kids documents (they stay at home with my parents) - the officer looked through all of them. He warned me I should not overstay and wished us enjoy our holidays together. 

I am not sure how fast I will get my passport back, but anyway I AM FLYING SOON 🙌

I am so happy!!! I want to hug you all 🤗🤗🤗 and share my happiness with you! 

please, don't hesitate to apply for a tourist visa while you're in a K1 visa process. And good luck! ✌️✌️✌️

Happy New Year, friends! 💋🎄🍾

I am in the States now! I made it in the port of entry with no trouble at all ✌️✌️✌️

❤️❤️❤️

@AnaMolina congratulations!! Lovely photos :) I have a question: did you apply for a SSN before you got married? 

I read that it's better to get it before you get married, but people have said you have to wait 2 weeks to apply for one so your I-94 is in the system, and then it takes about 2 weeks to get the card in the mail, which means the earliest we could get married if we wait for the SSN first is about 4 weeks from the arrival date... 

We want to get married ASAP as well so we can quickly file for AOS and get that process going, but I know that a SSN is needed for him to be added to my bank account / be added to my apartment lease, so I wanted to check with you and see what your experience was.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Tanzania
Timeline
On 12/31/2017 at 12:12 AM, AnaMolina said:

Guys, we got married today!!!!

so very happy and can't believe that after struggling so much with the whole process, it finally happened! Never quit believing, it's a long journey but totally worth it!

IMG_4182.JPG

IMG_4185.JPG

IMG_4195.JPG

Congratulations!! 😍  Happy  New Year, Happy  Marriage.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congrats to all who are receiving their NVC case numbers.  I've been in the UK visiting my fiancee over the holidays for the past two weeks so hadn't been able to keep up with this thread.  I was able to call daily, although still no number.  I'd been hoping that while I was there we'd get a case number and be able to schedule the interview at least while we were together, no such luck though.

I'm hoping it'll be this week!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, heartinKorea said:

@AnaMolina congratulations!! Lovely photos :) I have a question: did you apply for a SSN before you got married? 

I read that it's better to get it before you get married, but people have said you have to wait 2 weeks to apply for one so your I-94 is in the system, and then it takes about 2 weeks to get the card in the mail, which means the earliest we could get married if we wait for the SSN first is about 4 weeks from the arrival date... 

We want to get married ASAP as well so we can quickly file for AOS and get that process going, but I know that a SSN is needed for him to be added to my bank account / be added to my apartment lease, so I wanted to check with you and see what your experience was.

I didn't. There was so much going on and we wanted to get married in 2017 cause of taxes. I will go apply for it this week!

it's fine either way

11 hours ago, AnaMolina said:

I didn't. There was so much going on and we wanted to get married in 2017 cause of taxes. I will go apply for it this week!

it's fine either way

Ok! But you need to apply for on before AOS right? Let us know how it goes. I heard some people had trouble getting a SSN so I want to hear your experience. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 minutes ago, heartinKorea said:

Ok! But you need to apply for on before AOS right? Let us know how it goes. I heard some people had trouble getting a SSN so I want to hear your experience. 

I dont know if you have to apply before, but I will cause it's definitely easier. WHat happens is that after I get my green card, i will have to go to a SS office to change my name on my SS card. I will let yiu guys know. 

What I read is that you HAVE to get your ssn before the 90 days, or you would have issues

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

hello all: 

Just wanted to share a quick update. We were invited to interview at the US Embassy in Yerevan a few days ago. the website took a few days to give us an appointment date but it finally gave us an opening on the 11th.  However, we will not be interviewing for now per my lawyers advice. She has not heard of a single applicant that has been given a visa, including spouses and children.  No iranian immigrant has received a visa (all categories) since the trump travel ban took effect on December 4th. Our lawyer advised us that the best thing to do is to try and extend our NOA2 expiration date as long as possible until the laws change. We are praying that the 4th circuit appeals court and the supreme court find this whole thing unconstitutional before our NOA2 expires. Otherwise, we will have to start all over..

As you can imagine, we are devastate and drained.  Please help us by signing this petition: (just needs your name and zip code)

https://action.aclu.org/secure/no-muslim-ban-ever?ms=web_171204_immigrantrights_nomuslimban

Congratulation to everyone who made it to the end! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 minutes ago, K-1Applicant2017 said:

hello all: 

Just wanted to share a quick update. We were invited to interview at the US Embassy in Yerevan a few days ago. the website took a few days to give us an appointment date but it finally gave us an opening on the 11th.  However, we will not be interviewing for now per my lawyers advice. She has not heard of a single applicant that has been given a visa, including spouses and children.  No iranian immigrant has received a visa (all categories) since the trump travel ban took effect on December 4th. Our lawyer advised us that the best thing to do is to try and extend our NOA2 expiration date as long as possible until the laws change. We are praying that the 4th circuit appeals court and the supreme court find this whole thing unconstitutional before our NOA2 expires. Otherwise, we will have to start all over..

As you can imagine, we are devastate and drained.  Please help us by signing this petition: (just needs your name and zip code)

https://action.aclu.org/secure/no-muslim-ban-ever?ms=web_171204_immigrantrights_nomuslimban

Is this for all of us..or for muslim people?? What it means that interview dates are not available now??? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
4 hours ago, K-1Applicant2017 said:

hello all: 

This is a difficult situation. I am sorry and I'm praying.

"Do not worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and

petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, that is superior to every frame of mind, shall be garrisoning your hearts and your apprehensions in Christ Jesus."

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Houston TX
Date Filed : 2022-03-12
NOA Date : 2022-03-13
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date : 2023-01-06
Approved : Yes
Oath Ceremony : 2023-01-21

USPS INFORMED DELIVERYhttps://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

4 hours ago, K-1Applicant2017 said:

hello all: 

I'm so sorry to hear this... I have signed the petition! Is crazy this guy is doing all these things!!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.