Murph4865

I-129F MAY FILERS PART 2

3,606 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, vml said:

Does anyone know, how many days it will take for shipping to reach nvc..just asking. 

I've been asking this question to everyone since Friday and no one seems to know :(  @kannan was told it should arrive by this Friday. I hope so. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

day 211 here with no RFE....just flapping in the wind. Called my lawyer who became very aggressive and defensive when I asked if he could call USCIS on my behalf to see if will help. I guess I won't be calling him back ever again. I would never recommend him to ANYONE! I just want this process to be over so my fiancée and I can move on with our lives. I had high hopes of an approval before Christmas but I guess I was wrong. This process is very stressful and draining. I did get an email saying:

According to our records, your petition is assigned to an officer and under review. While we are unable to predict a specific date by which a decision will be rendered in your case, you will receive further correspondence in due course.

Respectfully,

Officer TX 0449

USCIS California Service Center

So basically telling me nothing :( 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Anyone know how one goes about updating information on their fiance application?
I just called USCIS and they said that I have to write a letter!...

For those wondering-- I need to update the embassy that my beneficiary is going for the interview

2 minutes ago, TeeSam said:

day 211 here with no RFE....just flapping in the wind. Called my lawyer who became very aggressive and defensive when I asked if he could call USCIS on my behalf to see if will help. I guess I won't be calling him back ever again. I would never recommend him to ANYONE! I just want this process to be over so my fiancée and I can move on with our lives. I had high hopes of an approval before Christmas but I guess I was wrong. This process is very stressful and draining. I did get an email saying:

According to our records, your petition is assigned to an officer and under review. While we are unable to predict a specific date by which a decision will be rendered in your case, you will receive further correspondence in due course.

Respectfully,

Officer TX 0449

I'm sorry you are having a poor experience with your lawyer. However, you do have to stay in contact with him if he's the one listed on your petition as your "representative" and he's the one that filed the petition on your behalf. Because when USCIS sends your approval/RFE, they will be sending it him since you opted to use a lawyer to file on your behalf. USCIS will only mail the NOA2 to the petitioner who is filing the petition or the person filing on the behalf of the petitioner.

Someone else on VJ used a lawyer and had no idea that the NOA2 was already mailed to her lawyer almost 2 weeks after her calling to find out because he filed on her behalf, the NOA2 was mailed to his office.

But I'm understand your frustration - I'm still waiting too (211 days and counting)

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, TeeSam said:

Respectfully,

Officer TX 0449

1 minute ago, Trinab80 said:

I'm sorry you are having a poor experience with your lawyer. However, you do have to stay in contact with him if he's the one listed on your petition as your "representative" and he's the one that filed the petition on your behalf. Because when USCIS sends your approval/RFE, they will be sending it him since you opted to use a lawyer to file on your behalf. USCIS will only mail the NOA2 to the petitioner who is filing the petition or the person filing on the behalf of the petitioner.

Someone else on VJ used a lawyer and had no idea that the NOA2 was already mailed to her lawyer almost 2 weeks after her calling to find out because he filed on her behalf, the NOA2 was mailed to his office.

But I'm understand your frustration - I'm still waiting too (211 days and counting)

I am not sure if this helps, but in my case my lawyer and I both received Notice of Action Letters in the Mail so NOA1, RFE Letter, and NOA2 were mailed to both of us. However, it looks like this might not happen for every instance. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, heartinKorea said:

I've been asking this question to everyone since Friday and no one seems to know :(  @kannan was told it should arrive by this Friday. I hope so. 

hehe! I wasn't told it would reach by Friday. I was told to call back to check the status as the status would change to received if it has reached NVC. NVC may or may not admit at that stage they have received it. so, this is just one additional way to confirm that it reached NVC and then wait for few more days for NVC to acknowedge and generate case number. 

It's also quite possible for it to reach even before friday and case # might be generated as well, in which case I have to reason to callback USCIS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Kirin2002 said:

Guys! After almost 2 months I finally have my NVC number assigned! It was assigned yesterday, December 18th. So:

NOA1 : May 15th 2017

NOA2: October 27th 2017

NVC Number assigned: December 18th 2017

I'm going to update my timeline right away!

Congratulations!!! I hope to get it pretty soon then (NOA2 is November 1st)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Trinab80 said:

1 hour ago, aisha1109 said:

I am not sure if this helps, but in my case my lawyer and I both received Notice of Action Letters in the Mail so NOA1, RFE Letter, and NOA2 were mailed to both of us. However, it looks like this might not happen for every instance. 

I received the NOA1 and he claims we both will receive NOA2/RFE. I take what he says with a grain of salt tho. Thxs Trinab80....I know its quite a few of us in the same boat. Praying we can see an approval before the new year. The only solace I have is that an officer is in fact reviewing our cases, but he/she is slower than the average worker.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
2 minutes ago, alaris said:

Congratulations!!! I hope to get it pretty soon then (NOA2 is November 1st)

I hope so! I have the feeling you'll receive it this week.

K-1 JOURNEY!

05/09/2017 129-f sent
05/12/2017 Received Date
05/16/2017  NOA1

171 days of wait later...

10/27/2017 NOA2 (Notice Date in the hardcopy)

10/30/2017 NOA2 on USCISAPP/E-mail

12/08/2017 - Reached 6 weeks without any notice from NVC. Time to send the NOA2 copy to NVC and figure out what's going on.

12/18/2017 - NVC receives our case and assigns a number

12/21/2017 - Case headed to Spain Embassy in Madrid

01/02/2018 -  Spain Embassy received our 129f packet

01/08/2018 - Packet READY at Embassy - Received Packet 3

05/18/2018 - 4 months waiting to collect all documents... and then, documents sent to the Embassy.

05/30/2018 - Packet 4 received and interview scheduled.

06/13/2018 - Interview at the Embassy // Approved!
06/19/2018 - Visa Received :)
08/10/2018 - POE Chicago

10/16/2018 - Wedding

AoS JOURNEY!

01/07/2019 - AoS, EaD and AP package sent

01/11/2019 - NoA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.