967 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Patientlywaiting said:

I called earlier today and I got text saying my card is being produced a few minutes ago! If it has been past the 75 day mark, you should give them a call!! 

Just called them, no change in my case and since I got a RFIE it paused my case for 11 days so I haven't really got up to the 75 day point yet.. sigh. I'll go check the mail next.

Update!

EAD card mailed 1/17

EAD combo-card delivered 1/19 (today)

Impressed by delivery speed!

AOS Process:

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Mailed:  11/13/2017

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Received:  11/14/2017

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Text & Email Receipt Notifications:  11/22/2017

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) NOA1 Hard-copies:  11/28/2017

Biometric Appt:  12/20/2017

I-485 - Interview Scheduled:  1/11/2018

EAD I-765 - "New Card Is Being Produced":  1/11/2018

EAD I-765 - Card Mailed:  1/17/2018

EAD/AP Combo Card Delivered:  1/19/2018

I-485 - Interview:  2/13/2018

I-485 - New Card Being Produced:  2/14/2018

I-485 - I-797 Approval letter received:   2/20/2018

I-485 - New Card Mailed to Me:  2/20/2018

I-485 - Permanent Resident Card Received:  2/22/2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

hello everyone!

just got the EAD today too. however,the envelope  didn't show on the USPS Informed Delivery .so , keep on checking the mailboxes:jest:

Just curious to everyone recording their cards how many have recieved the combo? We spoke to them they said whether they put everythingon one card or not depends on the office.

1 hour ago, Irisandjoel said:

Just called them, no change in my case and since I got a RFIE it paused my case for 11 days so I haven't really got up to the 75 day point yet.. sigh. I'll go check the mail next.

Oh that sucks but I’m sure you’ll be right behind me, good luck! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
16 hours ago, Mr_Bridge said:

Great news!!

Last night at 9:30p Et I got a text and email saying that my wifes I-765 and I-131 were updated. At USCIS.gov it said that her EAD card is in production and will be mailed!! Woo hoo!!

For those of you that have already received your card how long did it take from when you were notified until you actually received the card in the mail??

For those of you still waiting hang in there. We filed 11/3. So you all should be getting good news soon!!

Congratulations!!! We received the Combo Card just 5 days after approval. 

20 hours ago, Irisandjoel said:

So your i-485 RFIE led to a pause in your EAD case too? Or was it just your i-485 that was paused for 11 days? 

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:36 PM, FlashLG said:

Yep, still says 'fingerprint fee was received'. Doesn't even mention the RFIE, and like you I responded to the RFIE already and had biometrics last month.

Just noticed from case status that the person with receipt number next to be got an update "case is ready for an interview" but mine is still "fingerprint fee was received" so I guess ours should receive an update in like a month.

Quick question everyone. 

In regards to the EAD, my first update after they received our application was "Card is in Production".  However, I see that others get a message saying that their I-765 is "Approved" followed by another message a day or two later that it has been "Mailed". 

Is there a difference?  Should I assume that our EAD was approved since card is in production? Sounds like a silly question but I just find it odd. 

Edited by Mr_Bridge

I-751 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

12/15/20 - Received date

01/21/21 - NOA1

05/04/21 - Biometrics completed

05/12/21 - NOA2 "Name was updated"

11/15/21 - NOA3 Resident status extended for 24 months (expires Oct 10/24/22)

No other communication. Waiting....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline
On 1/20/2018 at 2:03 PM, FlashLG said:

So your i-485 RFIE led to a pause in your EAD case too? Or was it just your i-485 that was paused for 11 days? 

Yes as far as I understood her. But then again, I didn't speak to a supervisor, just the regular phone person and they just read stuff from a script which is often wrong. We have had personal experience with this, we have spoken to a regular phone person before who say one thing, we call again and talk to a supervisor who says the opposite thing and they are right. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
2 hours ago, Irisandjoel said:

Yes as far as I understood her. But then again, I didn't speak to a supervisor, just the regular phone person and they just read stuff from a script which is often wrong. We have had personal experience with this, we have spoken to a regular phone person before who say one thing, we call again and talk to a supervisor who says the opposite thing and they are right. 

I ask this every time I call and they have always told me that an RFIE for our 485 does not pause or hold up our EAD or AP.   

I always ask a couple of times.   I can’t imagine We have gotten the incompetent employee every time we have called.  

It looks like we were among the lucky ones!  AOS/EAD/AP applications delivered to USCIS 11/14/17.  EAD/AP Combo card received 01/20/18!  Somehow, our case has moved faster than average through every step of this process, so I'm going to remain optimistic that the same will happen for AOS.  Fingers crossed! ... Or, Dedos cruzados as my husband taught me en Español ;)

I wish I could get some information on processing times for Fort Myers FL field office.  It's a relatively new office, about 2 years old as I understand it, and even though it's listed on USCIS' field offices page, it's not available in the drop down list on the USCIS processing times page.  Equally frustrating is the fact that VJ also doesn't list this office on their website.  It's presumably a catch-22 where VJ maybe doesn't show it because no one has entered any statistics for that office, but until that office is added to VJ, no one CAN add any statistics for it.  

I've tried letting both USCIS and VJ know about this missing office, but neither one responds to my inquiries. :/

03/08/2017:  i-129f sent

03/10/2017:  i-129f received

03/15/2017:  Check cashed

03/15/2017:  NOA1 email/text confirmation

03/15/2017:  NOA1 NOTICE DATE

03/20/2017:  Received NOA1 hardcopy in the mail

06/10/2017:  NOA2 NOTICE DATE

06/15/2017:  Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

06/24/2017:  Completed DS160 application online

06/26/2017:  NVC Receive Date

06/30/2017:  NVC sent to embassy (electronically)

06/30/2017:  Paid fee online and Scheduled VAC appointment for 7/2/17 and embassy interview appointment for 7/25/17

07/02/2017:  VAC appointment completed (for fingerprints and photograph ... varies by country, don't panic if you're not familiar with this)

07/03/2017:  Embassy received packet from NVC (petitioner received email from embassy, advising case ready for interview)

07/06/2017:  Medical exam completed

07/15/2017:  Medical exam results picked up (sealed envelope + xray disc)

07/18/2017:  Police clearance certificate obtained

07/25/2017:  embassy interview! APPROVED!

09/27/2017:  Port of entry: Ft. Lauderdale

11/11/2017:  Married!

11/13/2017:  AOS packet (with EAD and AP) sent to USCIS

11/14/2017: AOS packet delivered to USCIS

11/20/2017: NOA1 Notice Date (for AOS, EAD, and AP)

11/28/2017: NOA1 Notices Received (for AOS, EAD, and AP)

12/01/2017: ASC Biometrics Appointment NOA Issued

12/19/2017: Biometrics appointment

01/05/2018: USCIS Case Status for EAD and AP shows "updated" but no new information

01/12/2018: USCIS Case Status says EAD approved; card in production

01/16/2018: USCIS Case Status says EAD card mailed

01/18/2018: USCIS Case Status says AP approved

01/20/2018: EAD/AP Combo card received via priority mail!

01/31/2018: Case status changed to "We are scheduling your interview" (at myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov)  

(original/main site, egov.uscis.gov, still shows status as "Fingerprint fee was received" as of 11/17/17)

06/01/2018: Still impatiently waiting :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
2 hours ago, marc941 said:

It looks like we were among the lucky ones!  AOS/EAD/AP applications delivered to USCIS 11/14/17.  EAD/AP Combo card received 01/20/18!  Somehow, our case has moved faster than average through every step of this process, so I'm going to remain optimistic that the same will happen for AOS.  Fingers crossed! ... Or, Dedos cruzados as my husband taught me en Español ;)

I wish I could get some information on processing times for Fort Myers FL field office.  It's a relatively new office, about 2 years old as I understand it, and even though it's listed on USCIS' field offices page, it's not available in the drop down list on the USCIS processing times page.  Equally frustrating is the fact that VJ also doesn't list this office on their website.  It's presumably a catch-22 where VJ maybe doesn't show it because no one has entered any statistics for that office, but until that office is added to VJ, no one CAN add any statistics for it.  

I've tried letting both USCIS and VJ know about this missing office, but neither one responds to my inquiries. :/

When was your biometrics done?  The posts of people getting their EAD/AP approved is getting closer and closer to the date we filed.    

Cancel that.   After I posted I checked your timeline.   

We were 11/27 and 12/26.   Can’t wait.  It’s so satisfying to reach a step in the ladder.     We are in west palm.   Hope things go well for you in fort Myers.   

Edited by FloridaMinsk

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.