973 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Lolo260 said:

Where does it say updated? Do you just check the case status with the receipt number or is there something I'm missing? Ours still just says everything was recieved.  

We have our profile set up on USCIS website with all 3 cases. The “last updated” date changed from 11/28 which was the original received date to 1/5/18. But when click on the details of the actual cases they still say “received” with the November date though. Crossing my fingers that the process is just moving along. We have not received any RFE’s at this point either but we were just curious if anyone else had that. 

6 minutes ago, dulcecandela said:

We have our profile set up on USCIS website with all 3 cases. The “last updated” date changed from 11/28 which was the original received date to 1/5/18. But when click on the details of the actual cases they still say “received” with the November date though. Crossing my fingers that the process is just moving along. We have not received any RFE’s at this point either but we were just curious if anyone else had that. 

Ohhh ok idk why we never even thought to set up the profile! We have just been checking with the receipt numbers.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Lolo260 said:

Ohhh ok idk why we never even thought to set up the profile! We have just been checking with the receipt numbers.

Yes it makes it much easier to keep track of the cases 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline
13 hours ago, Lolo260 said:

This makes sense because if they start over the process that,  for the most part is probably 75% complete before they notice they need 1 thing,  that's probably more work and paperwork for them.  And considering the departments that have to do with immigration are already severely understaffed, I don't think it would make much sense for them to start any case over from step one just over one or two pieces of paper. I feel like almost no one would get a greencard if that was the case!  I can understand the process not beginning over a mistake,  but I'm pretty sure once they've begun actually processing a case there's not much that would cause them to close it or start over. If they need a piece of information from someone the file probably gets put on a shelf and once they get that info they just open it up and start where they left off. But that's just my hunch.  

Yes I totally agree. But then again they seem to have weird habits of how they do their job.. sometimes they just don't make sense.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, dulcecandela said:

Mine shows the same, case received Nov 16 when I click on the case numbers but in My Cases it shows updated 01/05/2018. Wonder if it means anything? No RFE's on my end either. 

Edited by Orit.d

K1 Visa                                                                                                                AOS                                                                                ROC

Feb 23/17 -  NOA1  ··· July  07/17 - NOA2                                                      Nov 14/17 Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765                         Jan 26/20 Mailed I-751 

Aug 07/17 -  at NVC ···  Aug 09/17 -  Case # Assigned                                Nov 16 & 20/17 - NOA's                                              Jan 30/20 - NOA

Aug 10/17 - Consulate Rec ···  Aug 12+14/17 - Packet 3/4                        Dec 20/18 Biometrics Appt                                     Mar 02/20 Biometrics Appt 

Aug 28/17 - Medical ···  Sep 27/17 - Interview Approved!                           Jan 25/18 - EAD/AP Approved                                 Oct 14/20 New Card Being Produced Approved!   

Oct 02/17 - Visa In Hand ···  Oct 22/17 -  POE · Peace Bridge                     Feb 01/18 - EAD/AP Card Received                         Oct 21/20 - New Card Received

Nov 01/17 - Married!                                                                                           Mar 13/18 - AOS Interview Approved!                     ??? ??/21 - ...N400?

Mar 21/18 -  Green Card Received

Ours also shows updated 1/5/18 but no additional info ... Just "received" as it's been since 11/14.

03/08/2017:  i-129f sent

03/10/2017:  i-129f received

03/15/2017:  Check cashed

03/15/2017:  NOA1 email/text confirmation

03/15/2017:  NOA1 NOTICE DATE

03/20/2017:  Received NOA1 hardcopy in the mail

06/10/2017:  NOA2 NOTICE DATE

06/15/2017:  Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

06/24/2017:  Completed DS160 application online

06/26/2017:  NVC Receive Date

06/30/2017:  NVC sent to embassy (electronically)

06/30/2017:  Paid fee online and Scheduled VAC appointment for 7/2/17 and embassy interview appointment for 7/25/17

07/02/2017:  VAC appointment completed (for fingerprints and photograph ... varies by country, don't panic if you're not familiar with this)

07/03/2017:  Embassy received packet from NVC (petitioner received email from embassy, advising case ready for interview)

07/06/2017:  Medical exam completed

07/15/2017:  Medical exam results picked up (sealed envelope + xray disc)

07/18/2017:  Police clearance certificate obtained

07/25/2017:  embassy interview! APPROVED!

09/27/2017:  Port of entry: Ft. Lauderdale

11/11/2017:  Married!

11/13/2017:  AOS packet (with EAD and AP) sent to USCIS

11/14/2017: AOS packet delivered to USCIS

11/20/2017: NOA1 Notice Date (for AOS, EAD, and AP)

11/28/2017: NOA1 Notices Received (for AOS, EAD, and AP)

12/01/2017: ASC Biometrics Appointment NOA Issued

12/19/2017: Biometrics appointment

01/05/2018: USCIS Case Status for EAD and AP shows "updated" but no new information

01/12/2018: USCIS Case Status says EAD approved; card in production

01/16/2018: USCIS Case Status says EAD card mailed

01/18/2018: USCIS Case Status says AP approved

01/20/2018: EAD/AP Combo card received via priority mail!

01/31/2018: Case status changed to "We are scheduling your interview" (at myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov)  

(original/main site, egov.uscis.gov, still shows status as "Fingerprint fee was received" as of 11/17/17)

06/01/2018: Still impatiently waiting :) 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Orit.d said:

Mine shows the same, case received Nov 16 when I click on the case numbers but in My Cases it shows updated 01/05/2018. Wonder if it means anything? No RFE's on my end either. 

Interesting...hopefully our cases are moving along! 😊

Timeline
On 1/8/2018 at 1:00 AM, dulcecandela said:

Interesting...hopefully our cases are moving along! 😊

Just received an approval notice email and text for I-765...I’m sure yours is coming too 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
2 hours ago, dulcecandela said:

Just received an approval notice email and text for I-765...I’m sure yours is coming too 😊

hey that s great news!!! did you mean you got your EAD/AP approval ? the cards should arrive soon .:jest:

Timeline
2 hours ago, piranda said:

hey that s great news!!! did you mean you got your EAD/AP approval ? the cards should arrive soon .:jest:

Thanks!!! Just the EAD...AP still shows received in November 

Timeline
4 hours ago, dulcecandela said:

Thanks!!! Just the EAD...AP still shows received in November 

6 hours ago, piranda said:

Just received 10 text messages and one email  that our AP was also approved 😬

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ughh mine still shows an updated date of 11/17, i didnt submit a medical and i still haven't received the yellow paper yet :(

N400

Filed Online : 06/02/2021

Receipt notice: 06/02/2021

Biometrics Reuse: 06/02/2021

Interview scheduled: 02/07/2022

Oath Ceremony: 02/25/2022 - Yay! 😊

Timeline
2 hours ago, dulcecandela said:

Just received 10 text messages and one email  that our AP was also approved 😬

woohoo you  can celebrate , girl!! 

was just wondering coz haven't seen any approvals ( until yours ) for November filers ...or is just me skipped their posts....

Timeline
48 minutes ago, FloridaMinsk said:

Is the date for update on the my cases page?   Is that where you all are looking?   

EDF60643-95FA-4990-8E6A-5330FC602444.jpeg

ya, that s where they are looking for last update..mine still says November 17th -last updated..

no updates on the case tracker ,not even after receiving and sending back the RFE reply last month.

i don;t know how come your list is so long , or is adding up with same applications after they updating them!?!

i have only 3 on my list -i485,131,765..never ever updated

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.