973 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I just raised an online SR after my 75th as my case hadn't been updated since 11/17. NO RFEs, no updates, nothing. And it's pretty frustrating. 

N400

Filed Online : 06/02/2021

Receipt notice: 06/02/2021

Biometrics Reuse: 06/02/2021

Interview scheduled: 02/07/2022

Oath Ceremony: 02/25/2022 - Yay! 😊

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I just checked and since my case was received (nov 6), it is now over 75 days waiting for my EAD document. 

Although I received an RFIE, do you guys think I should call? My case and all paperwork still says 'received' since November. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
3 minutes ago, aasupp said:

I just checked and since my case was received (nov 6), it is now over 75 days waiting for my EAD document. 

Although I received an RFIE, do you guys think I should call? My case and all paperwork still says 'received' since November. 

I have the same date as you (nov 6). I have not receive an RFIE, or heard anything after my biometrics on December 10th. Still says received on 6th online, like yours. But I called USCIS an hour ago and made a case inquiry, as it is now 78 days ago since they received my package.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Annicam said:

I have the same date as you (nov 6). I have not receive an RFIE, or heard anything after my biometrics on December 10th. Still says received on 6th online, like yours. But I called USCIS an hour ago and made a case inquiry, as it is now 78 days ago since they received my package.

ooh ok, did you call to 1-800-375-5283 ? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, aasupp said:

ooh ok, did you call to 1-800-375-5283

Yes. The representative said they would have an update for me within 15 days via email/mail.

On 1/22/2018 at 10:12 AM, Lolo260 said:

We haven't gotten anything as far as an RFI and our Case still says the last update was 11/29 is anyone else's still stuck on that far back of an update??? We called because my husbands  biometrics was 12/18 but they didn't even put that on the online update. The lady on the phone said to just watch the mail the online updates aren't always accurate. I just feel stuck in limbo.  I'm so happy everyone else's cases are moving along

Mine is the same, last update was 11/29. There's no mention of my biometrics either, even though I had them in December.  I wonder if some of the agents update the online system for the cases they are working on, and some simply don't bother. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, FlashLG said:

Mine is the same, last update was 11/29. There's no mention of my biometrics either, even though I had them in December.  I wonder if some of the agents update the online system for the cases they are working on, and some simply don't bother. 

An october filer lurker here. This is definitely the case. There are lots of us (many October ppl included) who's receipt numbers aren't even recognized in the tracker - just says it's invalid, so I wouldn't worry too much. There doesn't seem to be much consistency with how or who updates it.

I'm just twiddling my thumbs peacefully and hoping the EAD/AP magically appears in the mail sometime soon lol. If not, I'll give them a call Feb 1st. I did call in Dec to make sure the case was being worked on, but they said yes and to wait out the 90 days then callback after that point if I don't receive anything.

AOS from K1 Timeline:

Spoiler

10/25/2017 -Mailed AOS packet including I-485, I-765, I-131 via USPS
10/27/2017 -Packet arrived at USCIS Chicago Lockbox

11/01/2017 -Priority Date
11/02/2017 -SMS Confirmation
11/06/2017 -NOA I-797 received for all 3

12/01/2017 -Went to scheduled biometrics appt
01/09/2018 -Receipt available online: AoS finally updated, EAD/AP still getting "Case number invalid" 

01/09/2018 - AoS is marked ready for interview to be scheduled. waiting for date.

02/02/2018 -Receive Paper approval notices for EAD/AP. Day 94. Receipt numbers FINALLY updated from invalid to approved lol.

02/07/2018 - Receive EAD/AP combo card in the mail. Day 99

30/07/2018 - Received notice of appointment for AoS interview scheduled 9/12

12/9/2018 - Had AoS interview and was approved! Day 320

Timeline

Does anyone know if I can work remotely as a freelancer here in the US, while waiting for EAD approval? I am a Norwegian citizen, and would work for a Norwegian company remotely, so I wouldn’t see anything wrong with that..? It is just so I have some source of income as this process is taking forever.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Annicam said:

Does anyone know if I can work remotely as a freelancer here in the US, while waiting for EAD approval? I am a Norwegian citizen, and would work for a Norwegian company remotely, so I wouldn’t see anything wrong with that..? It is just so I have some source of income as this process is taking forever.

I am sorry to send you out to google but regardless of who`s answering your question there will always be a YEs and NO answer. This is a grey area within USCIS. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=working+without+EAD+site:www.visajourney.com&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiQi4G16fPYAhWNyIMKHQDiDRsQrQIIQigEMAI&biw=1920&bih=989

Edited by T_P

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I filed on Nov 1st, it was received on Nov 6th, I have heard nothing since, no RFE's, case tracker still says 'case was received'. I tried to call them and they said they were working on August cases still and that I couldn't lodge a case enquiry because it hasn't reached the 90 day time frame. Keep checking the mail every day in hope that something will come!

Hi,

Things moved kind of fast for me. I got my NOA on the 20th of November, got my biometrics appointment on the 18th of December and I just received my card for EAD/AP on the 25th! And my case is ready to be scheduled for interview for my I-485 since january 9th.

I-751:

07/09: Package received by uscis

07/14: Credit card charged

07/16: Text notification (YSC center)

07/22: Fingerprints applied to my case

07/30: NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Aquilina said:

Hi,

Things moved kind of fast for me. I got my NOA on the 20th of November, got my biometrics appointment on the 18th of December and I just received my card for EAD/AP on the 25th! And my case is ready to be scheduled for interview for my I-485 since january 9th.

wow thats sooo fast!!! congrats 🎉🎉  we had same timeline but mine still says case received :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Received two NOAs in the mail yesterday for I-765 (EAD) and I-131 (AP) stating they have been approved. only 765 got updated online, for 131 it still says "Case Was Received". No updates on I-485 though. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got the text that my status was updated for EAD and just checked my cases: 

On January 25, 2018, we approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , 

Yay! Nothing for AP yet though...

Edited by Orit.d

K1 Visa                                                                                                                AOS                                                                                ROC

Feb 23/17 -  NOA1  ··· July  07/17 - NOA2                                                      Nov 14/17 Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765                         Jan 26/20 Mailed I-751 

Aug 07/17 -  at NVC ···  Aug 09/17 -  Case # Assigned                                Nov 16 & 20/17 - NOA's                                              Jan 30/20 - NOA

Aug 10/17 - Consulate Rec ···  Aug 12+14/17 - Packet 3/4                        Dec 20/18 Biometrics Appt                                     Mar 02/20 Biometrics Appt 

Aug 28/17 - Medical ···  Sep 27/17 - Interview Approved!                           Jan 25/18 - EAD/AP Approved                                 Oct 14/20 New Card Being Produced Approved!   

Oct 02/17 - Visa In Hand ···  Oct 22/17 -  POE · Peace Bridge                     Feb 01/18 - EAD/AP Card Received                         Oct 21/20 - New Card Received

Nov 01/17 - Married!                                                                                           Mar 13/18 - AOS Interview Approved!                     ??? ??/21 - ...N400?

Mar 21/18 -  Green Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.