973 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats to everyone in Nov who is getting approved!! So exciting!

Today is day 67 for my EAD/AP ~ No update on USCIS My Cases, still shows last updated 01/05/18. Hoping VJ estimated dates are right! ^_^

K1 Visa                                                                                                                AOS                                                                                ROC

Feb 23/17 -  NOA1  ··· July  07/17 - NOA2                                                      Nov 14/17 Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765                         Jan 26/20 Mailed I-751 

Aug 07/17 -  at NVC ···  Aug 09/17 -  Case # Assigned                                Nov 16 & 20/17 - NOA's                                              Jan 30/20 - NOA

Aug 10/17 - Consulate Rec ···  Aug 12+14/17 - Packet 3/4                        Dec 20/18 Biometrics Appt                                     Mar 02/20 Biometrics Appt 

Aug 28/17 - Medical ···  Sep 27/17 - Interview Approved!                           Jan 25/18 - EAD/AP Approved                                 Oct 14/20 New Card Being Produced Approved!   

Oct 02/17 - Visa In Hand ···  Oct 22/17 -  POE · Peace Bridge                     Feb 01/18 - EAD/AP Card Received                         Oct 21/20 - New Card Received

Nov 01/17 - Married!                                                                                           Mar 13/18 - AOS Interview Approved!                     ??? ??/21 - ...N400?

Mar 21/18 -  Green Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline
7 hours ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

Hi guys! May I know what’s the usual RFIE you receive? Please quote if you have/had one. Thank you!🙂

We received a RFIE Dec 4th, we had our NOA1 Nov 2nd.

We got a very generic letter asking for my husbands proof of income, tax returns, affidavit of support etc.. which confused us a lot since all those papers were included in the original AOS package of course, everything carefully labelled and organized. 

I had my biometrics appointment a few days later and we managed to get an appointment to speak with an agent the same day(we live 2 and half hours away so we just don't pop in there) and I brought all my copies of the AOS papers and she complimented on how organized they were. She noticed that my husband crossed a wrong box on the front page of the affidavit of support, he checked to box for a co sponsor when he is my only sponsor. 

So we fixed the affidavit of support and I wrote a new cover letter explaining his income in more detail since he doesn't have a regular income from a full time job. He is a 100% disabled veteran and receives a monthly disability compensation and he is in a job training program from the VA and receives a monthly housing stipend for it. Both those incomes are non taxable and do not show in his tax return so if they just look at the annual number in his tax return it looks like he doesn't make enough to sponsor me. So I explained that and wrote his annual income in big underlined letters so they won't miss it. 

We mailed this in Dec 7th, still haven't received a response that they received it, apparently it takes up to 60 days for them to mail that to you... but we spoke to a supervisor 3 weeks ago and she looked up the case and says everything looks fine and no notes or red flags marked there.

So now I am just hoping to see my EAD this week.... receiving this RFIE had me in tears and panicking because we need me working ASAP and everybody told me it's gonna delay my process when it doesn't.. 

15 hours ago, FloridaMinsk said:

I ask this every time I call and they have always told me that an RFIE for our 485 does not pause or hold up our EAD or AP.   

I always ask a couple of times.   I can’t imagine We have gotten the incompetent employee every time we have called.  

Oh I see. I'll wait and see if something happens this week, if not I'll call them again next week and talk to a supervisor.

15 hours ago, FloridaMinsk said:

I ask this every time I call and they have always told me that an RFIE for our 485 does not pause or hold up our EAD or AP.   

I always ask a couple of times.   I can’t imagine We have gotten the incompetent employee every time we have called.  

I'm hoping this is the case. I'll be pissed if my EAD/AP is delayed because of my i-485 RFIE, especially as the RFIE was to provide information I already included when I submitted the i-485 :angry:

Edited by FlashLG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Orit.d said:

Congrats to everyone in Nov who is getting approved!! So exciting!

Today is day 67 for my EAD/AP ~ No update on USCIS My Cases, still shows last updated 01/05/18. Hoping VJ estimated dates are right! ^_^

Same here! day 68 with last update on 01/05. Seems like the last update in our cases don't mean we're there yet haha I got excited too quickly 😇

We haven't gotten anything as far as an RFI and our Case still says the last update was 11/29 is anyone else's still stuck on that far back of an update??? We called because my husbands  biometrics was 12/18 but they didn't even put that on the online update. The lady on the phone said to just watch the mail the online updates aren't always accurate. I just feel stuck in limbo.  I'm so happy everyone else's cases are moving along

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Lolo260 said:

We haven't gotten anything as far as an RFI and our Case still says the last update was 11/29 is anyone else's still stuck on that far back of an update??? We called because my husbands  biometrics was 12/18 but they didn't even put that on the online update. The lady on the phone said to just watch the mail the online updates aren't always accurate. I just feel stuck in limbo.  I'm so happy everyone else's cases are moving along

I don't think the biometrics appointment reflects in the updates. As for the updates, she is right, sometimes cases move forward but cases are not updated online. For my K1 visa, we received NOA2 by mail and when I checked online a few weeks later, it still said "case received".

Edited by Olivia2804

3 minutes ago, Olivia2804 said:

I don't think the biometrics appointment reflects in the updates. As for the updates, she is right, sometimes cases move forward but cases are not updated online. For my K1 visa, we received NOA2 by email and when I checked online a few weeks later, it still said "case received".

Thats so frustrating because what if they sent me something and it got lost in the mail and we wouldn't Have even known about it!!! Are the text message updates timely at least? When we got our NOA we got emails and texts for it. But going forward are they pretty on time with those?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Lolo260 said:

Ours says 11/27 for update except her 485 .  It’s says fingerprint fee was received. 12/5  The other 485’s say nothing but case received.   As do the AP and EAD.   Wife’s and children’s biometrics were 12/26.   

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
9 hours ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

Hi guys! May I know what’s the usual RFIE you receive? Please quote if you have/had one. Thank you!🙂

We got one because they wanted additional tax docs for the affidavit of Support.   I am a 10-99 employee with a lot of other undocumented income so my tax situation is not simple.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Finally got an update from USCIS on EAD application after exactly 70 days of them receiving my package. New Card is being produced. Nothing on AP and AOS yet.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
6 hours ago, Lolo260 said:

Mine still says “case received” and it was received on 11/06, so I’m still waiting.... have not heard anything except for my biometrics that I had on December 10. I filed from F1 visa, not sure if that affects the processing time. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Irisandjoel said:

We received a RFIE Dec 4th, we had our NOA1 Nov 2nd.

We got a very generic letter asking for my husbands proof of income, tax returns, affidavit of support etc.. which confused us a lot since all those papers were included in the original AOS package of course, everything carefully labelled and organized. 

I had my biometrics appointment a few days later and we managed to get an appointment to speak with an agent the same day(we live 2 and half hours away so we just don't pop in there) and I brought all my copies of the AOS papers and she complimented on how organized they were. She noticed that my husband crossed a wrong box on the front page of the affidavit of support, he checked to box for a co sponsor when he is my only sponsor. 

So we fixed the affidavit of support and I wrote a new cover letter explaining his income in more detail since he doesn't have a regular income from a full time job. He is a 100% disabled veteran and receives a monthly disability compensation and he is in a job training program from the VA and receives a monthly housing stipend for it. Both those incomes are non taxable and do not show in his tax return so if they just look at the annual number in his tax return it looks like he doesn't make enough to sponsor me. So I explained that and wrote his annual income in big underlined letters so they won't miss it. 

We mailed this in Dec 7th, still haven't received a response that they received it, apparently it takes up to 60 days for them to mail that to you... but we spoke to a supervisor 3 weeks ago and she looked up the case and says everything looks fine and no notes or red flags marked there.

So now I am just hoping to see my EAD this week.... receiving this RFIE had me in tears and panicking because we need me working ASAP and everybody told me it's gonna delay my process when it doesn't.. 

Oh I see. I'll wait and see if something happens this week, if not I'll call them again next week and talk to a supervisor.

It’s good to hear your story on how you guys provide all those requirements. Btw, I’m January filer. And as of now, we’re waiting for our noa1 and hoping all is good. Bcoz being unemployed and always in house is bored. Thank you and Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Olivia2804 said:

Same here! day 68 with last update on 01/05. Seems like the last update in our cases don't mean we're there yet haha I got excited too quickly 😇

Am on day 83 with no EAD it's so frustrating

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I see that a lot of people have gotten an update on their status. My last update is still reflecting December 6th. It can be pretty frustrating that I have nothing. As you might notice with my timeline, it took 15 days from mailing the documents to get a notice date. Is it normal to not have an update for this long? I'm assuming that my case will change from updated on December 6th to approved, eventually. No RFIE as of today and I don't expect to get one, but you never know.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
26 minutes ago, TerrenceR said:

I see that a lot of people have gotten an update on their status. My last update is still reflecting December 6th. It can be pretty frustrating that I have nothing. As you might notice with my timeline, it took 15 days from mailing the documents to get a notice date. Is it normal to not have an update for this long? I'm assuming that my case will change from updated on December 6th to approved, eventually. No RFIE as of today and I don't expect to get one, but you never know.

You are just like me,and l can't tell you how frustrating it is.am 6 days away from 90days of waiting since they received my case,they have not even updated that l did bio the last update was case was received.according to VJ l should have received my EAD yesterday anyways am thinking of calling them

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.