2,950 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, mymercy said:

Wow that was great ... Congrats ... Some of the officers are actually "human" ... haha

Did she asked about your tax returns or specially mention if filed jointly?

3 hours ago, Bramoma15 said:

Ok, guys so I have something different for you all:

I had my N-400 interview today at 11:00, I had ROC pending but decided to go by myself since my husband couldn't have a day off from job. I was 100% I will get my interview rescheduled because of my ROC, but I was lucky, the officer was lovely and professional. She never mentions anything about my husband not being with me. The first thing she asked was my appointment letter, passport, licences, and Green card; I told her an official took my green card, and I just had the stamp in my passport, she said to me that was fine. She has my file with her and asked me for all new evidence (I had a lot) then she proceeds to do my test, six questions, read one sentence and write another one.

She asked my husband DOB if we were living together and things about my daughter. Then she went over my application all the Yes and No answers. In the end, she congratulated me and gave me the letter that said I past the test and was recommended for approval.

I just checked my online status, and it said Oath ceremony will be scheduled.

My ROC status and Green card production had not changed.

So I don't know what to think since my I-751 has no change jet.

My i-751 status didnt change until the next day which is today to “New Card is Being Produced.” My combo interview was yesterday. So maybe yours will change tomorrow too. Hopefully. Oh, and congratulations!! 😊

15 hours ago, mymercy said:

Wow that was great ... Congrats ... Some of the officers are actually "human" ... haha

Did she asked about your tax returns or specially mention if filed jointly?

You know that was really funny, because I gave her all the paperwork that I printed from turbo tax, and she told me they don't like that kind of form since many people fake them. She asked me for the transcription from IRS 

thanks God I have an online account with IRS and I had a copy of those with me. She didn't mention anything about filled jointly or not maybe because she noticed that both names were in the paper. 

She asked for bank statements and insurance under both names. 

I hope this info helps you. 

Hello everyone, I have two questions here hope someone can kindly answer me here..

1, So to this point of having N400 & I751 pending together, in our files with uscis it should contains the evidence from the day we submitted for 2 year green card to the day we submitted I751. My question is when i go to N400 (or say luckily combo) interview, should I bring ALL evidence from day 1 to interview day, or bring evidence from the day after i751 submission to the interview day, since in our file with uscis there are already  all evidence before the day of i751 submission. 

2, I was B2 visa 5 years ago then applied to change status (after 3 months in the states already), will this factor still affect our credibility on the case? 

Thanks a lot in advance!! 

2 hours ago, Livkev said:

Hello everyone, I have two questions here hope someone can kindly answer me here..

1, So to this point of having N400 & I751 pending together, in our files with uscis it should contains the evidence from the day we submitted for 2 year green card to the day we submitted I751. My question is when i go to N400 (or say luckily combo) interview, should I bring ALL evidence from day 1 to interview day, or bring evidence from the day after i751 submission to the interview day, since in our file with uscis there are already  all evidence before the day of i751 submission. 

2, I was B2 visa 5 years ago then applied to change status (after 3 months in the states already), will this factor still affect our credibility on the case? 

They must have your file. So it's up to you. I collect all the evidence that I received after my I-751 application ( one year and a half of evidence for me). 

Because they already have all the evidence you sent to them.  But how I said it is up to you. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 5/2/2019 at 8:17 AM, Bramoma15 said:

You know that was really funny, because I gave her all the paperwork that I printed from turbo tax, and she told me they don't like that kind of form since many people fake them. She asked me for the transcription from IRS 

thanks God I have an online account with IRS and I had a copy of those with me. She didn't mention anything about filled jointly or not maybe because she noticed that both names were in the paper. 

She asked for bank statements and insurance under both names. 

I hope this info helps you. 

Thanks so much for this info ... so helpful in getting me prepared

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 hours ago, Livkev said:

On your #2 question, I'm not sure or think it should affect your N400 credibility ... if it would pose a red flag, I think that would have been at the inception of receiving the initial green card (2 years card) to start with. What you need at this point is to proof that you're still in the marriage genuinely and meet the good moral character requirements.

Note: the above is just my opinion and not the USCIS modus operandi ... haha

Hello, everyone,

Just wanted to share my a bit bitter , but not hopeless , experience here, I was inactive and silent for about 6 months in this chat. May be it will be useful for somebody. 

I was scheduled for Combo I-751 and N400 interview on December 5 of last year. A few days earlier George Bush the senior passed away, and my Combo interview got  moved for 4 weeks to January, as offices were closed that day.

Meanwhile we started to have some tense relationship with my husband , as it turned out he had an affair on a side..He refused to attend rescheduled interview in January and filed for Divorce shortly in December....Don’t really want to focus on family issues here, just wanted to describe further process...

After that what happens is - I hired lawyer and we had to quickly withdraw N-400, this had to be done before the new interview date in the early January , so the interview was not marked as unattended , and because it was mid December , I didn’t have really much time to do it, holidays were coming up and it was stressful..

After withdrawal, there was pending divorce.

In order to proceed with the case - you have to convert regular I- 751 into waiver. In order to start converting your case into waiver - divorce has to be finalized. If you don’t finalize your divorce and somehow get called to interview again - they will simply deny your case, as nobody will wait for your divorce to be finalized .

The divorce was not amicable, and each side had lawyers, each side had to provide financial affidavits and it took some time, but finally we were able to achieve marriage settlement agreement . My immigration lawyer did my divorce as well, as it was important as far as I understand, because the language in such agreement has to be done in a proper way to continue with the process.

After divorce I was able to start converting the case. It was a good- faith marriage and I still have good chances to finish the process. The only thing it will take me a while now. They will call me for an interview for a waiver , but there is no official line to track online.

My status is still pending and I continue to receive stamps in the passport for extension. When it will be 4 years and 9 months of my pending status - I am eligible to apply for citizenship - after that in this case scenario - there will be a Combo interview with me only - for waiver + citizenship. 

P.S. My friend with exact same timelines as me - became a citizen in January.

Hope this story will be useful for someone. Otherwise wish everybody else good luck!

Edited by Jane D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

On May 3, I went to Seattle office to get a stamp because my 1-751 is still pending and the letter is going to expire. The IO told me that right now they are reviewing N-400s for February 2018. I told him the USCIS site says they are working on cases from July 2017 but he said this information is not always accurate because USCIS doesn't want applicants over plan or feel disappointed if the time arrives and they don't receive an appointment for interview. Just my two cents. 

K1 VISA

02-18-2015 (day 0 ): I-129f sent

02-24-2015 (day 6 ): NOA 1

03-17-2015 (day 21): NOA 2

05-08-2015 (day 52): Interview (Approved) :yes:

05-16-2015 (day 60): Visa in hand

06-19-2015 (day 91): US entry :dance:

08-22-2015: Marriage :wub:

AOS - EAD - AP

09-12-2015 (day 0): AOS, EAD and AP sent

09-15-2015 (day 3): Package delivered and received

09-17-2015 (day 5) : NOA 1 :thumbs:

10-06-2015 (day 24): Biometrics done!! :content:

10-28-2015 (day 46): Interview scheduled :dancing:

11-12-2015 (day 62): EAD and AP approved!! :thumbs:

11-17-2015 (day 67): EAD card was mailed to me!! :clock:

11-20-2015 (day 70): EAD and AP (Combo Card) was received by mail. :yes:

12-01-2015 (day 81): Interview day!!...My Green card was approved! :thumbs:

12-01-2015 (day 81): My new card is being produced :)

12-04-2015 (day 84): My Green Card was mailed to me :)

12-10-2015 (day 90): Green Card in hand!! :dance:

1 hour ago, BaconBait said:

i just send in my N400 application last week online, will USCIS send me the study materials or i have to download it myself?

USCIS will not provide study material since everything you need is available online: 

https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Most people get the official study guide at the N400 biometrics appointment, it's a printed booklet. But, all the questions and various study aids are available on the official website. 

Good luck!

1 hour ago, BaconBait said:

i just send in my N400 application last week online, will USCIS send me the study materials or i have to download it myself?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
4 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Most people get the official study guide at the N400 biometrics appointment, it's a printed booklet. But, all the questions and various study aids are available on the official website. 

Good luck!

I second this answer. USCIS gives you the booklet at biometrics appointment but you can get a head start by printing the study guide from the official website.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.