38 posts in this topic

Hi! I agree with everything that @Marcelina said and all the advice that she gave, but thinking in the timeframe for the adjudication, I believe that the B2 is kind of pointless because if you start the application shortly after his arrival in America, almost 3 months will go by wile he is still here with you so you will really be apart for about 3 to 5 months and this is nothing compared to what most of us have been through after the first contact in person.

Good lucky and enjoy every single moment that you have with him with a very close eyes on how your son and him interact to each other because I guess this is going to be a very important part of this relationship.

PS. I don't think that it's wrong  (or immature for that matter) to think of him as a possible "daddy" to your son, you're in love with the guy and thinking about marrying him beside the fact that in the end of the day you're mother and your son should be a priority on your life and in your relationship. :)

02/14/2012 - Meet in person for the first time after talking online for over a year! :wub:

04/11/2012 - His first Visit to Brazil!!! (He was there twice).

09/12/2012 - Trip together to Cancun.

09/18/2012 - My First arrival/visit to United States (I visited about 4 to 6 times until my last arrival)

09/27/2016 - Last Arrival on B1/B2 Visa

02/01/2017 - MARRIED!!!

05/28/2017 - Package Sent

05/30/2017 - Package delivered 

06/09/2017 - Package returned (outdated I-130)

06/12/2017 - New package sent

06/14/2017 - New Package delivered

06/20/2017 - Check cashed

06/21/2017 - e-mails and texts received

06/24/2017 - Notice of action (Acceptance letter) received in the mail.

06/30/2017 - Biometrics appointment received in mail.

07/03/2017 - Biometrics done! (it was a successful walk in, my appointment was 07/10)

09/02/2017 - Service Request for EAD.

09/25/2017 - Call to tier 2 after no update on SR.

09/25/2017 - New Card Is Being Produced!!! (YAY)

09/30/2017 - EAD in hands!!!

04/08/2018 - Online Status Changed! - Interview Scheduled!!!

04/11/2018 - Inteview letter on the mail!

05/11/2018 - Interview at West Palm Beach field Office - Approved on spot!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

I just focused too much on my experience.. In Poland we all need Tourist Visa to travel around US so I forgot most contries do with ESTA ;)  Also there is so many different complicated personal relationships and problems people deal with.  I think we shouldn’t judge but focus to give best advice we can related to immigration issues without judging personal circumstances. We are all different and went through different experiences. Immigration is complicated enough to have your minds very occupied ;) Thank you @GabiMatch

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
18 hours ago, N-o-l-a said:

I don't think there is any problem with filing the K1 while he is visiting you.  You really don't need to live together during the process, but I see some general problems that I think you should think about:

1.  You shouldn't be thinking about your son "needing a daddy."  That is not the mature thinking of a woman in her mid-20s.  Children are frequently abused by boyfriends and step-fathers and you have no idea what this man is like when he is living with you 24/7.  You need to be wary.

2.  You are in your mid-20s with a fairly good salary and a child, why are you rushing into getting engaged without yet meeting in person and acting like being apart is going to be world ending?  This isn't a crush, this is someone you are going to have to spend the rest of your life with and you need to seriously think about whether the compatibility is there.  I had a male best friend (and a little more) at your age - I'm forever glad we didn't marry when he asked me.  See if the in-person chemistry is there and it isn't just a FWB thing.

I don't mean to pop your bubble here, but you need to slow your roll.  If you can't stand being apart for the duration of filing a K1 or during immigration proceeding, your relationship is not as strong as you think it is and what you are likely feeling is infatuation.

I will say I absolutely couldn't stand being apart from my husband during our immigration.  It hurt my heart so bad. I cried and cried every time I left his side. I was depressed for weeks after I came back home. I think that feeling is being in love, and not so much infatuation. Knowing that you don't want to be apart from someone is how I knew I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life. I thought most of us were that way. I also was in my mid twenties.  And my husband and I had only been talking for 3 years. The OP has known this person for 12 years. 

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Meg&Andrew said:

I will say I absolutely couldn't stand being apart from my husband during our immigration.  It hurt my heart so bad. I cried and cried every time I left his side. I was depressed for weeks after I came back home. I think that feeling is being in love, and not so much infatuation. Knowing that you don't want to be apart from someone is how I knew I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life. I thought most of us were that way. I also was in my mid twenties.  And my husband and I had only been talking for 3 years. The OP has known this person for 12 years. 

I think that is kind of extreme, to be honest.  We've just now been married for 5 years (also married in my mid-20s) and I really wouldn't mind a few months apart.  :whistle:  We love each other, but we are self contained people who can live without each other too.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

15 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

I think that is kind of extreme, to be honest.  We've just now been married for 5 years (also married in my mid-20s) and I really wouldn't mind a few months apart.  :whistle:  We love each other, but we are self contained people who can live without each other too.

I think that what @Meg&Andrew are trying to say is that she relate to the feeling that the OP have about been apart from her husband... The point here is everyone is different and I particularly believe that no one can judge if the way they feel is "extreme" or not, it sound to me like when you cry for something (whatever it is) and someone tell you that "there is no reason to cry"...for God sake, if you're crying is because deep inside there is enough reason!!! So have someone to tell you how you should feel about something (or someone for that matter) is just not fair (to say the least).

I started talking to my husband in 2010, we meet in person in 2012 and only now we managed to be together for good and to be quite honest we both survived but it was hard on me big time and I would NOT like to hear anyone say that the way I felt was "extreme" or "immature"...it wouldn't help me in anyway, just make me feel bad about something that I have absolutely no control over.

Just keep it in mind. :)

02/14/2012 - Meet in person for the first time after talking online for over a year! :wub:

04/11/2012 - His first Visit to Brazil!!! (He was there twice).

09/12/2012 - Trip together to Cancun.

09/18/2012 - My First arrival/visit to United States (I visited about 4 to 6 times until my last arrival)

09/27/2016 - Last Arrival on B1/B2 Visa

02/01/2017 - MARRIED!!!

05/28/2017 - Package Sent

05/30/2017 - Package delivered 

06/09/2017 - Package returned (outdated I-130)

06/12/2017 - New package sent

06/14/2017 - New Package delivered

06/20/2017 - Check cashed

06/21/2017 - e-mails and texts received

06/24/2017 - Notice of action (Acceptance letter) received in the mail.

06/30/2017 - Biometrics appointment received in mail.

07/03/2017 - Biometrics done! (it was a successful walk in, my appointment was 07/10)

09/02/2017 - Service Request for EAD.

09/25/2017 - Call to tier 2 after no update on SR.

09/25/2017 - New Card Is Being Produced!!! (YAY)

09/30/2017 - EAD in hands!!!

04/08/2018 - Online Status Changed! - Interview Scheduled!!!

04/11/2018 - Inteview letter on the mail!

05/11/2018 - Interview at West Palm Beach field Office - Approved on spot!!!

On 10/7/2017 at 6:18 PM, Fell4AnAussie said:

1- Can we apply for a K-1 Visa while he is in the states?? 

2- How long does it take to get approval for the Visa?
3-How long do we have to be engaged before filing for the K-1?

4- How soon upon his return to the AUS can he apply for the Visa?

5-Would you suggest him coming back on a B-2 Visa for the 6 month duration, and apply in the states for the K-1?

I just want to make sure I cover everything. I love him, and I want him to stay with me, and he wants to stay. I have a little boy... and He needs a daddy... his real father passed away when I was 34 weeks pregnant... Lex has always been there for me... I am so happy when we talk... I could only imagine him being here in person.... oh my god..... I'm soooo excited, but I am DREADING January 23rd :( I just want him to stay...

On 10/7/2017 at 6:18 PM, Fell4AnAussie said:

I suggested the K-1 Visa... because we wanted to find a way to keep him here.. because we don't want him to go home to W.A. I love him and am too afraid to tell him over camera, I want to tell him in person... With the K-1 I have read that he have had to of met in person first, have pictures etc... which we will be doing all of this on the NVWP. We're going to Colorado, New York, Disney, Miami, (I live in FL).. and I will be taking a ton of pictures. I just want to make sure that I have everything I need prior to filing for the K-1.

A couple comments, don't talk about needing a daddy for you son.  That does not talk about a true relationship, it talks about you wanting support for your kid.  Just leave that part out in the future!  It may be true but it can be read wrong by the CO.

You haven't even mentioned that you love him but you want to marry him?  Did he mention if he loves you or not?

The CR visa may be a better choice.  Just marry him there and then file.  He will have to go back to WA but when the process is over (12 to 14 months) he will have a green card.

The K-1 will take 7 to 8 months and that does not include the adjustment of status or the green card.

There is no way he can legally over stay his visa, even if you file CR or K.  If he stays and gets caught, he may never be allowed back.

You can file the K-1 while he is with you.  That may help for some of the signatures you need from him.  He will have to go back but right now the wait time for USCIS processing is between 5 and 6 months.  The USCIS approved petition then goes to the NVC, then to the Embassy in Australia.  He will need to be interviewed there.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Wait until you meet and see how it goes.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.