2,704 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Yuilicious said:

Hello everyone! I am new to this October group because I thought I was a November filer since my fiancé received the letter of NOA1 on Nov. 2nd.. AND I just realized that the date he received NOA1 is NOT our NOA1 date.. haha

I am still trying to figure out what is our actual NOA1 date though.. I researched about that here on VJ, but it just got me more confused as well as the "help" thingie you see next to NOA 1 date when you try to update/edit your timeline. (Link: http://www.visajourney.com/images/noa-date.jpg)

As this link says, NOA1 date is your "Notice Date" which is Oct. 31st, 2017 in my case. But some people say that NOA1 date is your "Received Date" which is Oct. 27th, 2017 in my case. Which one is it?? lol I already changed my timeline as I hoped NOA1 date is my Received Date so that the processing estimate will be sooner.. haha But I would like to know the correct one so that when they start working on October filers, I have some sense of my cases when people post scans here!:)

October 25, 2017: My fiancé sent I-129F to USCIS

October 27, 2017: Received Date (on NOA1 and also on the USCIS website)

October 31, 2017: Notice Date (on NOA1)

November 2, 2017: My fiancé received NOA1

Notice date is your noa date, but we are arranging scans based on received date.

and in the end it doesn't matter much so you can follow both 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Naes said:

Notice date is your noa date, but we are arranging scans based on received date.

and in the end it doesn't matter much so you can follow both 

Awwww I see! Thank you so much Naes. I had no idea they are using both dates!

Thank you for all the work you do for all of us, and still answering a minor question like mine! haha

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Yuilicious said:

Awwww I see! Thank you so much Naes. I had no idea they are using both dates!

Thank you for all the work you do for all of us, and still answering a minor question like mine! haha

I wish I had time to make faqs because these are frequently asked but no such luck at this moment hehe

Ask anything anytime :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi everyone. I’m October 13th filer. I’m all excited now since they’re going to start on October petitions real soon but my application for certificate of good conduct is stated failed. I have a record 3 years ago. Is that why my application for the certificate is failed? If that’s so, what am I supposed to do since I’m going to need the certificate for interview? :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello All, 

Since we are fast approaching our approvals (G*d willing) I wanted to know if you all started to prepare for the embassy interview.  Mainly, my question is:  I have completed I134 and have a letter from my employer already as well as 2017 tax returns.  Should I send my fiancee these things now so he can have them instead of waiting for approval and then having to mail them overseas?  I will sign my i134 with wet signature and he can date it.  Thoughts?

Timeline

Is anyone else planning on going to their fiance's country to bring the paperwork?  That's what we have been planning so far and since nobody has mentioned that i wonder, anyone anticipate any problems with doing that?  Its getting so close, can't wait for all of us to be back with our loved ones so soon!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
6 minutes ago, annaandasbjorn said:

Is anyone else planning on going to their fiance's country to bring the paperwork?  That's what we have been planning so far and since nobody has mentioned that i wonder, anyone anticipate any problems with doing that?  Its getting so close, can't wait for all of us to be back with our loved ones so soon!

I wish I was :crying::crying::crying:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
24 minutes ago, annaandasbjorn said:

My Fiancé (USC) will be coming down with all the paperwork for my Interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Doris123 said:

Hello All, 

Since we are fast approaching our approvals (G*d willing) I wanted to know if you all started to prepare for the embassy interview.  Mainly, my question is:  I have completed I134 and have a letter from my employer already as well as 2017 tax returns.  Should I send my fiancee these things now so he can have them instead of waiting for approval and then having to mail them overseas?  I will sign my i134 with wet signature and he can date it.  Thoughts?

I don't really know, but I've seen in the other months where they advise filling the documents immediately after NOA2. Maybe, it's about dates.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
42 minutes ago, annaandasbjorn said:

i am, i actually just came back from visiting her in colombia. 

154 days since NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
6 hours ago, annaandasbjorn said:

I went in February and dropped off the paperwork. I signed a few pages for the affidavit with different dates, April 1st (a girl can dream), may, June and July. Same with letter of intent. Only thing he is missing is the NOA2. I was planning on just bringing everything to the interview but he is in Cuba and they have a document check in Havana before they go to the appointment in Colombia. Yes, his interview is in a 3rd country, which he needs a visa to get to as well. It's a mess, especially because the Colombian embassy in Havana is overwhelmed and won't accept a visa petition more than 10 days before your appointment. I need wine, lots of wine. 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️

Timeline
6 hours ago, annaandasbjorn said:

Nothing wrong with doing that. My fiancé is coming this weekend also bringing the paperwork.. it's like an excuse to see each other :) 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, YandJ said:

I went in February and dropped off the paperwork. I signed a few pages for the affidavit with different dates, April 1st (a girl can dream), may, June and July. Same with letter of intent. Only thing he is missing is the NOA2. I was planning on just bringing everything to the interview but he is in Cuba and they have a document check in Havana before they go to the appointment in Colombia. Yes, his interview is in a 3rd country, which he needs a visa to get to as well. It's a mess, especially because the Colombian embassy in Havana is overwhelmed and won't accept a visa petition more than 10 days before your appointment. I need wine, lots of wine. 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️

oh my goodness!! i hope it all works out quickly and smoothly for you guys!

1 minute ago, Naes said:

Nothing wrong with doing that. My fiancé is coming this weekend also bringing the paperwork.. it's like an excuse to see each other :) 

cool, sounds good.  i'm going to go for about a month to bring him the paperwork and to help him move! We'll fly back together once he gets his visa.  we've been long distance for about 4 months now so i am very much looking forward to seeing him again!!  hang in there guys, we can do this!

7 hours ago, annaandasbjorn said:

My fiancé wants me to do this as he's nervous. I would love to take the opportunity to get away for awhile lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, annaandasbjorn said:

Me too! I will go for the interview, and then we'll fly back together (it will be his first international flight, so he's nervous about the interview and the flight! :P ). 

I'm glad I have more time to get the financial stuff in order - my accountant took FOREVER to file my 2016 taxes, and I still have to file 2017. I'm self employed, so we will definitely need those at the embassy.

I'm going to see him in exactly two weeks!!! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.