swalker

February I-129 Filers #2

354 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, JulzGhen said:

Tried calling them this morning and request just one more week, they said no extension allowed.

That's just horrible. I am sorry. 

Timeline
47 minutes ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

We are MARRIED!! I still can't believe it! Waking up next to him every day is like the most wonderful dream that I don't have to wake up from. We are so grateful for all the support and encouragement from our fellow VJers. Best wishes to everyone!

FB_IMG_1509241509189.jpg

IMG-20171029-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20171029-WA0007.jpg

Congratulations! 

Timeline
On 2017-10-31 at 10:07 PM, Lovemycroatianman said:

He's been a bit hesitant from the beginning cause hes young but I was hoping by now he'd appreciate the difficulty and march through, but even now he hesitates, hes afraid of living in  the states afraid of wanting to stay with me forever (so he says) afraid of the dynamics with my kids, so he was happy it wasnt getting approved....I told him it would go quick and now we went from approved oct 10 to embassy today and now its like, so what are you gonna do.....hes like I need time....I'm like what has the time since Feb been for then....it just feels like excuses and my GAF is all run out. I worked to hard to get this to the embassy before years end and know we have a chance to be together before the holidays and I get nothing but excuses and grief. I am just completely numb and dead inside. I cannot give time and loyalty to someone who plays with my heart and mind. He will lose me very soon. 

I hope everything works out for you! It's natural for him to be a little hesitant since he's making such a big move, but he should still be excited and ready to move by this point I would think.  Keep us updated, I'll be thinking of you! 

On 2017-11-02 at 6:10 PM, JulzGhen said:

I didn't make it, still waiting for her (legal stamped) divorced papers to be sent to me.  I initially sent a copy and had to get a stamped one by making an appointment to request one, then took several weeks for them to receive the request for them to do it, and just barely received it.  Now its being sent to me, but Monday is the deadline and takes 4 days to get here to me.  So I will have to pay again and start this whole process over from the beginning.  :( I am happy for everyone else, maybe next year for me....

Oh no :(. Are you going to send it anyways, even if it is late? Maybe whoever reviews it will let it slide.

Timeline
On 2017-11-03 at 2:22 PM, TexasHeartsIndia said:

We are MARRIED!! I still can't believe it! Waking up next to him every day is like the most wonderful dream that I don't have to wake up from. We are so grateful for all the support and encouragement from our fellow VJers. Best wishes to everyone!

FB_IMG_1509241509189.jpg

IMG-20171029-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20171029-WA0007.jpg

Beautiful pics!! Hope your wedding was everything you dreamed it would be. Now time to start AOS 😖

22 hours ago, janet3 said:

Not a wedding picture yet...just a picture of me and my fiance. I'm geeking over the mosaics in Cherchell...

2017-11-04 19.28.49.jpg

You both look really happy!! When will the wedding be?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
On 11/2/2017 at 7:28 PM, janet3 said:

You have a lot going on....with your children and the k1....I wish the very best for you and your family and your fiance. 

Thank you...we finally came to an agreement, I was waiting for him to open a new store with his mom so he could pay for his part of the visa...but with everything going so fast and him agreeing to come the end of dec...dec 28th hopefully....I decided I will just pay for everything and get the one day medical and the interview can be scheduled asap ...its Croatia they are not busy...he can get an interview in a matter of days... so thats our plan get medical this week..interview next then I will immediately purchase the end of dec ticket....its so nice to finally have a plan...and to be ok...now its just time to do the medical get a few documents nothing big and do the interview...we are almost there...I will have a big sigh of relief once a  ticket is bought....then nothing will matter. 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, eastcoastgroove said:

You both look really happy!! When will the wedding be?

I am thinking December 30

16 minutes ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

Thank you...we finally came to an agreement, I was waiting for him to open a new store with his mom so he could pay for his part of the visa...but with everything going so fast and him agreeing to come the end of dec...dec 28th hopefully....I decided I will just pay for everything and get the one day medical and the interview can be scheduled asap ...its Croatia they are not busy...he can get an interview in a matter of days... so thats our plan get medical this week..interview next then I will immediately purchase the end of dec ticket....its so nice to finally have a plan...and to be ok...now its just time to do the medical get a few documents nothing big and do the interview...we are almost there...I will have a big sigh of relief once a  ticket is bought....then nothing will matter. 

That's wonderful! I am sure the next few weeks will fly by. I am so very happy for you! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
17 hours ago, janet3 said:

I am thinking December 30

That's wonderful! I am sure the next few weeks will fly by. I am so very happy for you! 

So we broke up...like all the sudden today ....he changes his mind about the ticket and says there was no agreement

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

So we broke up...like all the sudden today ....he changes his mind about the ticket and says there was no agreement

So sorry to hear this news.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

sorry to hear

Timeline

I got laid off today and need some help answering questions. i'm just trying to make sure everything will go ok.

1. we're not married yet, soon, this month.

2. we need to file USCIS I-485 Petition

my question: when i file the USCIS I-485 Petition, do i need to get another job asap or 2 weeks of employment left ok?

Edited by knuckles083

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

I am so very sorry. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.