swalker

February I-129 Filers #2

354 posts in this topic

On 11/15/2018 at 2:37 PM, Missabc said:

My interview is finally over and done with!!! 

Our interview was at 11.45 and we got there for around 11.30. We signed in and waited around 20 minutes for our number to be called. A nice lady greeted us and walks us around to the interview room asked us how we were etc. In the office we were sworn in. She confirmed the information on our forms such as my name my husbands name, DOB, address etc. Then she went through the generic questions like have you committed murder etc. Then she asked how did we get to this point (relationship, marriage, moving) so we told her our story and she laughed and smiled as we told her and she thought it was funny that we met whilst playing GTA on the Xbox 😂. Then she asked my husband where he works if he still works there, she asked who attended our wedding and how my parents felt about the marriage. That was it! After that she just asked for anything we wanted to add to our file so I handed over a bunch of documents and then she asked if we had any questions to which my husband asked about what i need to bring with me to travel (I already knew the answer to this but he didn't) she said just your passport and greencard. At that point she stood up and smiled and said okay that's every thing and my husband laughed and jokingly said wait aren't we going to be separated and questioned and she laughed and said no that takes to damn long 😂

So from that I'm assuming I've been approved but just waiting for my case to update. All in all it was a really nice experience and felt just like a conversation 😁

Sounds like an approval! Glad things are working out well for you two. We got approved back on Aug 8th, even though I had lost my job. They asked me if I still worked at X and I was honest and said NO. The person checked the box that I was still employed anyway (I think it was time for her to go home and she couldn't be bothered with it).

BTW, it will about 2.5 months for the greencard to actually arrive in the mail after approval. Hopefully it's faster for you.

Edited by TriloByte

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

So the AOS interview was October 25, 2018. I had found a French interpreter from the local university to attend the interview with us. The interview lasted about 10 minutes. The IO asked three questions.....have you ever been in deportation proceedings? Have you ever committed a crime? Where are you working now? IO asked me if we still live at the same address and if it’s the address to send the green card to. My husband understood the questions and answered in English (no interpreter needed......other than to make me feel a million times better about the whole thing). The IO told us the card would be approved BUT they had not received the k1 file from USCIS and once the file was received the card would be issued (provided there were no criminal activity he didn’t know about). He said we should get the card in 5 weeks.

Card was received 11/9/2018.

1 hour ago, janet3 said:

So the AOS interview was October 25, 2018. I had found a French interpreter from the local university to attend the interview with us. The interview lasted about 10 minutes. The IO asked three questions.....have you ever been in deportation proceedings? Have you ever committed a crime? Where are you working now? IO asked me if we still live at the same address and if it’s the address to send the green card to. My husband understood the questions and answered in English (no interpreter needed......other than to make me feel a million times better about the whole thing). The IO told us the card would be approved BUT they had not received the k1 file from USCIS and once the file was received the card would be issued (provided there were no criminal activity he didn’t know about). He said we should get the card in 5 weeks.

Card was received 11/9/2018.

It’s nice to see these outcomes two years later. 

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Timeline
16 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

It’s nice to see these outcomes two years later. 

It is! I get very happy when I see someone has posted on the Feb k1 2017 thread. I always think “OMG! My peeps are still here!” 

It’s such a long journey.

It’s good to hear from you guys. 

Edited by janet3

14 hours ago, janet3 said:

It is! I get very happy when I see someone has posted on the Feb k1 2017 thread. I always think “OMG! My peeps are still here!” 

It’s such a long journey.

It’s good to hear from you guys. 

Yup! We made it! 😊

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Happy thanksgiving everyone! 

I got an update yesterday evening advising my card has been collected by the postal service! I can't believe how quick the turnaround is. I only had my interview 7 days ago! 

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Missabc said:

Happy thanksgiving everyone! 

I got an update yesterday evening advising my card has been collected by the postal service! I can't believe how quick the turnaround is. I only had my interview 7 days ago! 

Congratulations! Happy Thanksgiving!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

We had our green card interview yesterday (12/07/2018) and it went really well and super fast! The immigration officer didn't even look at any documents in my big fat binder. :D I strongly suggest having every document with you though, just in case! But he said we are approved and it only took like 10 minutes! :)

K1 Visa

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate :                      Sri Lanka

I-129F Sent :                     2017-02-07

I-129F NOA1 :                   2017-02-14

I-129F NOA2 :                   2017-06-02

NVC Received :                2017-06-16

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2017-06-20

NVC Left :                         2017-06-24

Consulate Received :      2017-07-07

Packet 4 Received :         2017-07-24

Interview Date :                2017-08-03  

Interview Result :

Marriage :                          2017-09-23
Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date. 
Your interview took 170 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.