humamandrifa

Case I-130 outside normal processing times cr-1 USCIS

13 posts in this topic

Hi I have a case I-130 from USCIS in Nebraska Service Center is now passed my PD date (At December 9th 2016 now) and my PD is Dec 6th 2016. I am a US Citizen filing for my wife.

Well its been  almost 10 months wait, called USCIS even to Tier 1 and Tier 2 (Although its hard to get to Tier 2 because they will keep saying its the same), and no good response.

I already submitted inquiry last week and USCIS says to wait 30 days for it. also submitted letter to senator/congressman last week, no response from either one. Does anyone know any other way to get by this or any other tips? are they gona send me any NOA-2 noticed from E-mail, Text OR physical mail OR the USCIS app? and is there a chance that they might send an RFE because I am hoping not even after this long period of wait. Im already waiting 10 months almost and im just told to wait, and if they send me a physical mail how long is that and is it from a letter from USPS or UPS?. Thank you in advance.

Edited by humamandrifa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Some of us have emailed a Mr Neufeld at USCIS. Check the all Nebraska forum for his email address in a post from yesterday. The more people reporting this to him might help along the cases. I am at 9 months today. I also plan to email him every day until i get a response. Gonna be on him like white on rice. Like a fat kid who loves cake.

Visa - CR1

Service Center - Nebraska

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

State Department - Sent November 7, 2017

NVC Received - November 9, 2017

Consular Interview - January 5, 2018

Port of Entry - Miami on January 19, 2018

ROC Mailed - December 14, 2019

ROC Rec'd - December 16, 2019

E-Notification - December 19, 2019

ROC sent to National Benefits Center (MSC receipt #)

Cheque cashed December 20, 2019

Ready to Schedule for interview - October 7, 2020

No ROC interview

New card is being produced - August 16, 2021
Card received - August 23, 2021

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Biometrics - August 16, 2021
Interview - December 14, 2021

Approval - January 27, 2021

Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed - March 17, 2022

Oath Ceremony - March 30, 2022

Passport Book and Card in hand August 12th and 14th 2022.

My journey is finally over 🥰

1 minute ago, Longingfor said:

Some of us have emailed a Mr Neufeld at USCIS. Check the all Nebraska forum for his email address in a post from yesterday. The more people reporting this to him might help along the cases. I am at 9 months today. I also plan to email him every day until i get a response. Gonna be on him like white on rice. Like a fat kid who loves cake.

Do you have a link or info for this or the exact forum you are talking about? I will do whatever I can just like you haha just to get a response from USCIS, this is ridiculous having to wait this long. Thanks so much. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

These were the two contacts at USCIS you can contact:
1) Donald Neufeld - Associate Director, Service Center Operations Directorate
Email: Donald.W.Neufeld@uscis.dhs.gov
2) James McCament - Deputy Associate Director, Service Center Operations

Email: james.w.mccament@uscis.dhs.gov

UCSIS Headquarters
111 Massachusetts Ave
Washington, DC 20529-2140

Donald Neufeld bio

Donald Neufeld is the associate director for Service Center Operations. In his current role, Neufeld oversees all activities at the five USCIS service centers located in Dallas, Texas (Texas Service Center); Laguna Nigel, California (California Service Center); Lincoln, Nebraska (Nebraska Service Center); Burlington, Vermont  (Vermont Service Center); and Arlington, Virginia (Potomac Service Center).

James McCament bio

James McCament began serving as the permanent deputy director of USCIS on March 31. Until the nomination and Senate confirmation of our next USCIS director, McCament will also serve as acting director of USCIS.  Since August 2015, McCament has served in the capacity of deputy associate director, Service Center Operations, overseeing the work of the five USCIS service centers in their processing of more than four million applications annually.

2 minutes ago, acidrain said:

These were the two contacts at USCIS you can contact:
1) Donald Neufeld - Associate Director, Service Center Operations Directorate
Email: Donald.W.Neufeld@uscis.dhs.gov
2) James McCament - Deputy Associate Director, Service Center Operations

Email: james.w.mccament@uscis.dhs.gov

UCSIS Headquarters
111 Massachusetts Ave
Washington, DC 20529-2140

Donald Neufeld bio

Donald Neufeld is the associate director for Service Center Operations. In his current role, Neufeld oversees all activities at the five USCIS service centers located in Dallas, Texas (Texas Service Center); Laguna Nigel, California (California Service Center); Lincoln, Nebraska (Nebraska Service Center); Burlington, Vermont  (Vermont Service Center); and Arlington, Virginia (Potomac Service Center).

James McCament bio

James McCament began serving as the permanent deputy director of USCIS on March 31. Until the nomination and Senate confirmation of our next USCIS director, McCament will also serve as acting director of USCIS.  Since August 2015, McCament has served in the capacity of deputy associate director, Service Center Operations, overseeing the work of the five USCIS service centers in their processing of more than four million applications annually.

Wow thanks for this info this might help me out if I contact them. Which one in your opinion is the best or i can send to both?

Also this wont affect my case in any way right? like at least if i get a response might be lucky? and what do i say to them as a brief email to start with? Thanks for the info and i really appreciate it!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got the information off of the USCIS website and looked up their email addresses by doing a google search. I sent an email today but have not heard anything back. I also sent hard copies of my letters via Xpresspost.

I got the idea after searching through previous threads that described Nebraska having a similar issue in 2013. In the previous case the emails appeared to have gotten something going. I don't think anybody heard from these people directly. All we can hope is if enough people send messages they will hear our collective voice and do something about this office.

If you are fortunate to have a Senator or Congressperson who has good constituency assistants they have contacts within USCIS. But it's a hit or miss whether the politician you contact is of any help. Have you considered contacting other political representatives?

Edited by acidrain

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

This link was useful for me:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/contact-us

Basically I followed all the steps listed at that link. 1st did a service request via tier 2 on the phone, then after getting a useless letter reply for the service request, I e-mailed CSC saying ####### (in a polite way), can I get some more help please? After that, e-mailed Service Center Operations (that oversees all the service centers), who responded in 1-2 hours,  telling CSC to resolve my situation ASAP (best day ever). I also contacted the USCIS omsbudsman at the same time, who quickly responded, and said they'd look into it. Miracle of miracles, my issue was resolved w/in 48 hours after that. 

That whole process took about 6 weeks though. Mine was also a K-1 and not IR-1/CR-1, but I don't think it makes much difference when trying to make USCIS responsive to your problem...

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

USCIS is Miss Trunchbull and we're Bruce Bogtrotter, trying to finish that damn big a$$ cake.

Yes, total Matilda reference. 

I say if you reached 7-8 months waiting you should send e-mails, e-requests, call. Maybe they think they don't have to address the significant backlog because they just assume we have to take it, and I mean we kind of do, but we will at least be somewhat loud about it. Hear me desperately sigh and groan, Nebraska! 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

On 9/27/2017 at 6:24 AM, humamandrifa said:

Hi I have a case I-130 from USCIS in Nebraska Service Center is now passed my PD date (At December 9th 2016 now) and my PD is Dec 6th 2016. I am a US Citizen filing for my wife.

Well its been  almost 10 months wait, called USCIS even to Tier 1 and Tier 2 (Although its hard to get to Tier 2 because they will keep saying its the same), and no good response.

I already submitted inquiry last week and USCIS says to wait 30 days for it. also submitted letter to senator/congressman last week, no response from either one. Does anyone know any other way to get by this or any other tips? are they gona send me any NOA-2 noticed from E-mail, Text OR physical mail OR the USCIS app? and is there a chance that they might send an RFE because I am hoping not even after this long period of wait. Im already waiting 10 months almost and im just told to wait, and if they send me a physical mail how long is that and is it from a letter from USPS or UPS?. Thank you in advance.

Try scheduling an appointment with USCIS local office they would give you more info on your case IN PERSON.

https://www.uscis.gov/tools/your-guide-infopass

On 9/26/2017 at 3:54 PM, acidrain said:

I got the information off of the USCIS website and looked up their email addresses by doing a google search. I sent an email today but have not heard anything back. I also sent hard copies of my letters via Xpresspost.

I got the idea after searching through previous threads that described Nebraska having a similar issue in 2013. In the previous case the emails appeared to have gotten something going. I don't think anybody heard from these people directly. All we can hope is if enough people send messages they will hear our collective voice and do something about this office.

If you are fortunate to have a Senator or Congressperson who has good constituency assistants they have contacts within USCIS. But it's a hit or miss whether the politician you contact is of any help. Have you considered contacting other political representatives?

This is pretty useful im going to try it out Thank you!. I have now contacted ombudsman and senator already, and im not sure who else to contact for help. Its been a nightmare waiting for all this i dont even know what they are doing to the cases on backlog.

Edited by humamandrifa

18 hours ago, Nattie_Bry said:

Try scheduling an appointment with USCIS local office they would give you more info on your case IN PERSON.

https://www.uscis.gov/tools/your-guide-infopass

There is no available appointment in the LA area that I checked in next 14 days. I think i checked last month also. are these locations exists or is there any walkins? Thanks!

20 hours ago, Dianalorena said:

USCIS is Miss Trunchbull and we're Bruce Bogtrotter, trying to finish that damn big a$$ cake.

Yes, total Matilda reference. 

I say if you reached 7-8 months waiting you should send e-mails, e-requests, call. Maybe they think they don't have to address the significant backlog because they just assume we have to take it, and I mean we kind of do, but we will at least be somewhat loud about it. Hear me desperately sigh and groan, Nebraska! 

I love your analogy, ofc referencing Matilda and her father is the same way HAHA!

Anyways im trying everything I can. all they can say is wait 30-45 days and i think they are maximizing the wait time so we have to keep calling. I just dont even know what to do next. contacted ombudsman and senator but not yet responded..i might just phone them too. but then again what are they doing to the backlogs now. 

6 hours ago, humamandrifa said:

There is no available appointment in the LA area that I checked in next 14 days. I think i checked last month also. are these locations exists or is there any walkins? Thanks!

Yes is it quite fully booked in the area my husband is from there as well.

It took him 4 consecutive early mornings attempting to book an available slot.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.