Dinosaur2013

N-400 Filers @ New York City, Queens and Long Island Field Offices

2,615 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Giovanna024 said:

I still don’t understand how Queens is open but not Manhattan or Brooklyn... they’re all in the same building, and if it’s a Covid thing, well Queens was more affected than Manhattan for instance. Makes no sense 

1 minute ago, simsim2 said:

I still don’t understand how Queens is open but not Manhattan or Brooklyn... they’re all in the same building, and if it’s a Covid thing, well Queens was more affected than Manhattan for instance. Makes no sense 

I agree, nothing makes sense anymore to me at all! Nothing!

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

For NYC courts, Phase 1 began on June 15. No dates have been fixed for the commencement of Phases 2-4.

the judicial oath ceremonies may start in phase III. Naturalization Ceremonies will remain suspended in the courthouse, although judges may hold them in other locations, including at 26 Federal Plaza.

https://www.nysd.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/2020-06/reentry%20public%20%286.22.20%29.pdf

My guess is that most interviews will start on or around July 13th, assuming we continue to be on a 'recovery trajectory'. So pretty soon folks should start getting their reschedule notices. I think USCIS is using this time to get rid of the oath backlog which is also consistent with my previous post. 

Why do I think that? 

See @Amadia latest post in the December 2019 thread - a FL N400 filer who called USCIS today and they told her, I quote "West Palm Beach FL field office has not sent them any scheduling calendar for interviews just yet and (here's the kicker!) offices in Florida have NOT RESUMED NORMAL SERVICES AND WILL DO SO ON OR AROUND JULY 13, 2020."

Also, I found on another forum a post from a person who called USCIS yesterday to inquire when NYC ASC will reopen and they told him/her that they won't reopen until July 13th. 

I wish I could re-edit my earlier post but since I cannot, I will post again. Apologies!

In a different forum here, on VJ, a poster had included her notes from a webinar that USCIS hosted on June 18th about the reopenings: 

Also, this lawyer was tweeting live from the webinar as well:

https://mobile.twitter.com/gsiskind/status/1273699738861350912 

On 7/1/2020 at 9:31 PM, Amazinggrace123 said:

Anyone get the interview from NYC office? My estimated completion time is July,but still nothing.

Eerily quiet in the NY/LI crowd. I suspect folks will start getting interviews soon. It looks like the NYC office is starting to reschedule naturalization interviews that were canceled due to COVID-19. 

Quote from below article:

"She completed and mailed-in her naturalization application in April 2019. USCIS scheduled her naturalization interview for March 4 but the agency canceled it due to the coronavirus shutdowns. She got a call from USCIS saying her interview had been rescheduled for June 30. She passed — and she was sworn in the next day.'

Source: https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-allan-wernick-immigration-column-20200706-pzy6tlzmtvho7bt2vetznouv7a-story.html

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2020 at 1:26 PM, lesly87 said:

Eerily quiet in the NY/LI crowd. I suspect folks will start getting interviews soon. It looks like the NYC office is starting to reschedule naturalization interviews that were canceled due to COVID-19. 

Quote from below article:

"She completed and mailed-in her naturalization application in April 2019. USCIS scheduled her naturalization interview for March 4 but the agency canceled it due to the coronavirus shutdowns. She got a call from USCIS saying her interview had been rescheduled for June 30. She passed — and she was sworn in the next day.'

Source: https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-allan-wernick-immigration-column-20200706-pzy6tlzmtvho7bt2vetznouv7a-story.html

Thank so much.

Latest update from twitter. Judges in Brooklyn filed office administered Oaths via WebEx. Pretty cool! Glad to see USCIS adopting latest technology 💻Hopefully that clears up the backlog quickly. 

(1 of 2) 110 #NewUSCitizens were welcomed by @USCIS Brooklyn field office & @USDCEDNY today. The citizenship candidates appeared at the USCIS office in accordance with immigration law, while judges administered the Oath of Allegiance via WebEx.

(2 of 2) These ceremonies are an example of the innovative efforts between the courts & #USCIS to complete naturalizations delayed because of COVID-19. As a result, USCIS expects to complete all 110,000 delayed cases by the end of July.

20 hours ago, lesly87 said:

Latest update from twitter. Judges in Brooklyn filed office administered Oaths via WebEx. Pretty cool! Glad to see USCIS adopting latest technology 💻Hopefully that clears up the backlog quickly. 

(1 of 2) 110 #NewUSCitizens were welcomed by @USCIS Brooklyn field office & @USDCEDNY today. The citizenship candidates appeared at the USCIS office in accordance with immigration law, while judges administered the Oath of Allegiance via WebEx.

(2 of 2) These ceremonies are an example of the innovative efforts between the courts & #USCIS to complete naturalizations delayed because of COVID-19. As a result, USCIS expects to complete all 110,000 delayed cases by the end of July.

Thank you for your information. Did this for name change?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.