Dinosaur2013

N-400 Filers @ New York City, Queens and Long Island Field Offices

2,615 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, bing10 said:

Oath ceremonies are due to restart in NYC on June 14.

Field offices will reopen for interviews at a later (so far unspecified) date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBK3AhCPbzI

Thanks! This is consistent with below:

NEW YORK OFFICE UPDATES

1) As USCIS Field Offices reopen on June 4th, the New York Field Office remains closed. We have been directly informed by the District Director that on June 15, they will resume Oath Ceremonies for approximately 3,700 individuals who have been approved for citizenship and awaiting swearing-in.

2) There is no information at this time about when interviews will resume at this office, but the District Director has informed us that only approximately 20% of local staff will be working on-site at any time, and that remote interviews are being conducted.

3) Interviews of Diversity Visa applicants will be prioritized to that they can have their interviews before Sep 30.

Edited by lesly87

3 minutes ago, lesly87 said:

NEW YORK OFFICE UPDATES

1) As USCIS Field Offices reopen on June 4th, the New York Field Office remains closed. We have been directly informed by the District Director that on June 15, they will resume Oath Ceremonies for approximately 3,700 individuals who have been approved for citizenship and awaiting swearing-in.

2) There is no information at this time about when interviews will resume at this office, but the District Director has informed us that only approximately 20% of local staff will be working on-site at any time, and that remote interviews are being conducted.

3) Interviews of Diversity Visa applicants will be prioritized to that they can have their interviews before Sep 30.

June 15 actually makes more sense, as it's a Monday. Thanks for the link.

Hi Everyone! 

I am planning to apply for citizenship in the next few weeks. I reside in Queens but seems like my field office would be Long Island based on the zip code under service area (Assuming that's how it works)

Curious to hear about people's experiences with Long Island office in terms of timeline. Thank you!

21 hours ago, lesly87 said:

NEW YORK OFFICE UPDATES

what is the source of this message by the way?

2 hours ago, Thelord said:

what is the source of this message by the way?

I removed the original link as it was linking to a locked ('empty') site but this one should work. 

https://www.pearlcohen.com/u-s-immigration-update/

11 hours ago, lesly87 said:

I removed the original link as it was linking to a locked ('empty') site but this one should work. 

https://www.pearlcohen.com/u-s-immigration-update/

thanks. another interesting info there is below:

"Application Support Centers (ASCs) will resume taking biometrics (fingerprints) from applicants sometime in July."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 6/5/2020 at 12:50 PM, bing10 said:

Has anyone here received a new oath ceremony date for NYC yet?

I'm assuming notifications will need to go out very soon for a June 15 start.

Some other people have shared that in other cities/states they have been getting phone calls with oath ceremonies only a few days later. It'll be interesting to see how NYC starts off... 

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

1 hour ago, h2o15 said:

Update - I got a phone call today from USCIS and they rescheduled my oath ceremony (my cancelled oath was March 27th) to June 30th at the Federal Plaza. They told me to come wearing a mask, no guests allowed, bring green card and bring my own pen. The call was from a "no caller id" and she said that they are scheduling only 10 people at a time for the oath ceremony. She told me I should come even if I don't get the notice in the mail because it might take some time for me to receive it by mail. My USCIS account now shows that new oath ceremony was scheduled! Very happy to see that there is progress in NYC now. 

Congrats! Did you name change ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, 2020Goldenage said:

Does any one know if they are starting to interview? I filed Sep 2019 and am still waiting to be notified for the interview.

They are trying to get backlogged oath ceremonies out of the way first. Hopefully soon. I'm waiting for rescheduling of my interview. 

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.