BostonChops

What visa does she need? Please

85 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, BostonChops said:

Welp she has no problem travelling. It doesn't mattee how it happens as long as it does. I have anxiety as well as fear of flying. Could I try meds? Sure. Meds don't work for everyone and could backfire. Just driving by the airport closest to me freaks me out. You want want me to be on a plane for 18hr? nope

Just make it very clear to her that you do not intend to seek therapy and eventually visit her country, friends and family. Medication is not the only therapy and seeking help for your anxiety might be helpful in general, not just for your phobia. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, BostonChops said:

Welp she has no problem travelling. It doesn't mattee how it happens as long as it does. I have anxiety as well as fear of flying. Could I try meds? Sure. Meds don't work for everyone and could backfire. Just driving by the airport closest to me freaks me out. You want want me to be on a plane for 18hr? nope

My SIL was also afraid to fly.......horribly afraid.  After many discussions, we finally convinced her to take about a 4 hour flight with us.  She did some cross-word puzzles during take-off.............by then end of the flight, she was talking about wanting to become a flight attendant.

The moral of the story.........usually, we have nothing to fear, but fear itself  (credit to FDR)

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

4 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

Just make it very clear to her that you do not intend to seek therapy and eventually visit her country, friends and family. Medication is not the only therapy and seeking help for your anxiety might be helpful in general, not just for your phobia. 

Yeah that would be a deal breaker became see obviously he will NEVER go back to the Philippines on vacation with her to visit her family and friends. So many excuses for something you have never done before, the opportunity sounds like 4 year old before she does something that she ends up liking.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Visit your doctor, get some xanax, take it an hour before your flight and take an uber to the airport.

seriously, you are FULL of excuses! if you dont like to fly then why would you find a girlfriend in the phillipines?? you basically have no intention to visit her!! you have no intention to ever go home and see her family! 

if you can not visit her then find a girlfriend in your town where you can walk, bus and drive to.  that seems like your best idea.

5 hours ago, BostonChops said:

You can't say anything until you don't try it. Also do you plan on driving to Costa Rica or Mexico if she goes there? Mexico is not really that safe now and even my Mexican best friend is holding off from going there due to the violence.

• 1 month later...

Drive to Montreal, have here fly there, spend time, seek help for your phobia, Filipina are very family bound, she will want you to meet hers, at some point you need to or your relationship will suffer

I think you're going to have a lot of difficulty providing proof of relationship if you aren't willing to visit - especially for a country like the Philippines when it may be difficult for her to get approved for a tourist visa for the US to be able to carry that part. They may also deny her the K-1 in the future (if you can get past the pre-K-1 visit part first) when she goes to interview if they ask why you never travel to visit her (especially with the cultural importance of family in the Philippines) and she has to explain that you are too afraid of airplanes to fly out to meet her and her family (I've heard of people being denied for other similar things because they did not trust the strength of the relationship).

He Arrived in the US: 2017-10-30

She said "Yes": 2017-12-19

They said "I do": 2018-01-19

BFP: 2018-03-31

Concurrent Filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131: 

I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 Received: 2018-09-21

I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA1 by Mail: 2018-10-02

ASC NOA by Mail: 2018-10-19

ASC Appointment: 2018-11-06

Baby Born: 2018-12-15

I-485 Courtesy Letter Re I-693: 2019-01-03

I-131, I-765 Approval by Mail: 2019-01-04

I-131, I-765 Combo Card Arrival by Mail: 2019-01-08

I-485 Interview Notice by Mail: 2019-08-06

I-693 Medical Exam: 2019-08-26

I-693 Medical Exam Results: 2019-09-03

I-485 Interview: 2019-09-10
I-130, I-485 Approval by Mail: 2019-09-14

Filing of I-751: 2021-09

I-751 Biometrics Complete: 2021-10-28

BFP: 2022-05-16

Filing of N-400: 2022-08

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Just a thought.

I would imagine it would be hard to be married to someone from another country halfway around the world if you were afraid of flying. My husband would be devastated if I wasn't willing to get on a plane to visit his family. We are currently trying to figure out when he would have enough vacation time to be able to take off to meet his newest niece and visit with his family.

I was terrified of flying for years but just decided I needed to do it more to get over it. My brother gets anxiety meds from his MD before flying. If you are considering marrying someone that has family from overseas you might want to look into ways to control your anxiety when flying. Personally I think internationally flights are far easier and more relaxing then domestic flights on my nerves.

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Fyi the OP has not been back since Sept 10...you are responding to an old thread. Guessing he didn't like the answered he received 

3 hours ago, caliliving said:

Fyi the OP has not been back since Sept 10...you are responding to an old thread. Guessing he didn't like the answered he received 

Curious to know if they did in fact meet in Mexico...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.