BostonChops

What visa does she need? Please

85 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Let's be practical here.  A single young woman from there who wants a B2 to visit her boyfriend in the US is likely to be denied.  Then what is plan B?  Sometimes we have to face our fears.........I hope it works out well for you.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

6 hours ago, sy1983 said:

Its people like you that have the over-tendency to correct people based on the mere fact that your opinion is better than others. Invites is needed because they are planning on getting marry and

it will serve in the future as one of the proof filing for k-1, can't lie to the CO about the purpose of the trip bro !  Secondly I never said it was easy, I said not extremely difficult to obtain a visa. I don't know what kind

of circle of friends you got over there but most people I know got one without much problem.  

An invite will work against her. It serves as proof of nothing. She has to apply on her own merits.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Its people like you that have the over-tendency to correct people based on the mere fact that your opinion is better than others. Invites is needed because they are planning on getting marry and

it will serve in the future as one of the proof filing for k-1, can't lie to the CO about the purpose of the trip bro !  Secondly I never said it was easy, I said not extremely difficult to obtain a visa. I don't know what kind

of circle of friends you got over there but most people I know got one without much problem.  

Invitation letters are not a good thing for the Philippine Embassy in fact they do more harm than good.

It is a well-known fact that the Philippines is a hard country to get a tourist visa from due to it being a high fraud country. Why don't you try going to the Philippines subforum and check out everything there because you do not know your facts

14 hours ago, BostonChops said:

Okay. Here it goes.

I am a 28 year old male born and raised in the United States. Full US Citizen.

I have been dating a 28 year old female online from the Philippines for about 10 months. We have tried to do as much research as possible.

We are working on a b2 visa because of my fear of flying we cannot do the K1 because we have to meet in person which can't happen unless she comes here.

I plan on marrying here within tje next year but we need to meet first.

My goal is for her to visit me for two months. She will go home and soon after we will try for a K1. 

Is this possible? I know the embassy probably doesn't care about my horrendous fear of flying over to her. If I could I would.

If my above plan isn't the right direction can someone direct me please?

Thanks

Matt

If you really want to see her the man I go see a doctor get some medication and take the trip.

Invites is needed because they are planning on getting marry and it will serve in the future as one of the proof filing for k-1, can't lie to the CO about the purpose of the trip bro !

I'm not so sure that an invite letter will mean a whole lot in terms of relationship evidence later. Well, at least not any more than a facebook message doing the same thing.

The letter itself won't improve the chances of getting the tourist visa.

1 hour ago, databit said:

Could you drive to Canada and maybe meet there?

Getting a tourist visa to Canada is going to be just about as difficult. If denied for a US visa, they will see the past denial for the Canadian visa application.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Where did I say my opinion is better than yours? What you made clear is that you don't like being corrected. An invitation is not needed for B2 visa (not unless the purpose of travel is to attend an event like a wedding). An invitation is not proof of strong ties to the home country - common sense. If anything, especially if the invite if from the bf/gf is a red flag as it gives impression of plans of overstaying. You're not just giving OP false hope but wrong info. Just stop.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I appreciate it everyone. I will look into fear of flying schools and help. Should I still attempt the b2? Worse case scenario i lost i believe $160 and the time spent doing documents?

I live in Massachusetts so best case would be a total of 16 hours in air which is insane unless maybe I travel to california before flying which would make it shorter?

Not only my fear is flying I have also been known to get anxiety rather quickly the past few years which is annoying. I love her so much so i will try my best to make this work.

Timeline
12 hours ago, milimelo said:

Get on one of the cargo ships and cruise to Philippines or some third country that both of you can visit? 

Definitely seek treatment for your phobia. These days most airports have a program to help overcome fear of flying. 

Do you have more info about the cargo ships? I believe it would take forever to see her lol

Timeline
27 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Invitation letters are not a good thing for the Philippine Embassy in fact they do more harm than good.

It is a well-known fact that the Philippines is a hard country to get a tourist visa from due to it being a high fraud country. Why don't you try going to the Philippines subforum and check out everything there because you do not know your facts

Seriously this guy. 

It's not just him though. Non-filipinos barely have a grasp on how difficult it is for us Filipinos to acquire visas. It is very difficult. Doable but difficult. All the paperwork we have to submit. 

6 minutes ago, BostonChops said:

Do you have more info about the cargo ships? I believe it would take forever to see her lol

They take two months to go there

1 minute ago, notantifun said:

Seriously this guy. 

It's not just him though. Non-filipinos barely have a grasp on how difficult it is for us Filipinos to acquire visas. It is very difficult. Doable but difficult. All the paperwork we have to submit. 

Seriously he made me mad like I know nothing about the Philippines at all, like I have never been there and I am not married to one. It is very hard for someone to acquire a B2 visa unless they have a good job and properties to back up their filing.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, BostonChops said:

I appreciate it everyone. I will look into fear of flying schools and help. Should I still attempt the b2? Worse case scenario i lost i believe $160 and the time spent doing documents?

I live in Massachusetts so best case would be a total of 16 hours in air which is insane unless maybe I travel to california before flying which would make it shorter?

Not only my fear is flying I have also been known to get anxiety rather quickly the past few years which is annoying. I love her so much so i will try my best to make this work.

Losing $160 is nothing. If she gets denied though and odds are stacked against her it will affect her chances of getting other forms of visas like K1 or CR1. I personally won't risk it.

And your fear of flying will be a minor issue compared to the issues long distance relationships typically have. I'm just being honest and realistic.

Timeline

Maybe I will look into cruises that go to manilla where I can visit only manilla for a couple weeks. Meet her. Spend time. come back home and stary k1?

Just now, notantifun said:

Losing $160 is nothing. If she gets denied though and odds are stacked against her it will affect her chances of getting other forms of visas like K1 or CR1. I personally won't risk it.

And your fear of flying will be a minor issue compared to the issues long distance relationships typically have. I'm just being honest and realistic.

Again please stop spreading your false assumptions because they are not true AT ALL. There have been many people here on VJ that have been denied for a tourist visa, only for later on be approved for a K1 or CR1 with no problem what so ever. My wife is one of those that got denied for a tourist visa only to get approved for a K1 fiance visa with no problems whatsoever. 

The only thing for the OP to tell his gf if they go for a tourist visa is to NEVER LIE.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.