AbenaKofi

I129f September 2017 filers

2,863 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Riane and Chad said:

A couple of November filers have been approved already or got their noa2 around January  I was wondering why it only took them 2 months and ours are taking forever.. :huh:

I think those November filers who got approved were lucky and USCIS just made a mistake. Now I'm sure that your time is coming. :jest:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Bunyaka said:

I think those November filers who got approved were lucky and USCIS just made a mistake. Now I'm sure that your time is coming. :jest:

Maybe they used their magic wands :jest:

I was excited to get approved this March until VJ gave an estimation of first week of April to 2nd week! How about you @bunyaka? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline

In the wait for the NOA2 storm to begin, here is a random question:

Are you guys changing your last names after you get married?

I'm wondering because I added a middle name when I was younger, and I obviously had to change my passport, tell the bank, blah blah blah and then eventually I put it on our petition for the K1 just now.. It's a lot of hassle! Maybe extra work for USCIS cause they have to look me up twice!

So when filing for AOS and everything that comes after we actually get married, do you think it will make things more complicated?

I'm not sure where I stand on changing my name regardless, so I figured this might weigh in on my decision :P

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
14 minutes ago, ML915 said:

I'm wondering because I added a middle name when I was younger, and I obviously had to change my passport, tell the bank, blah blah blah and then eventually I put it on our petition for the K1 just now.. It's a lot of hassle! Maybe extra work for USCIS cause they have to look me up twice!

So when filing for AOS and everything that comes after we actually get married, do you think it will make things more complicated?

I'm not sure where I stand on changing my name regardless, so I figured this might weigh in on my decision :P

I'm changing my last name, because my real name is already a challenge for anyone who tries to read it...

(I also always liked this idea, and we will both be changing it)

on the technical side, I don't think it adds anything to the AOS process in a bad way. I believe people who change it is maybe at least 50/50. And yes changing bank cards etc is a hassle! But I'm ok to just do it once :) (because really... I lived in Japan with a name no one can just say t if they look at the original version- I am tired of making reservation on non-existing people...)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Riane and Chad said:

Maybe they used their magic wands :jest:

I was excited to get approved this March until VJ gave an estimation of first week of April to 2nd week! How about you @bunyaka? 

haha I wish I could have that kinda magic too!!

I think it's possible for you to get NOA2 in March. My VJ timeline shows I'd get NOA2 around 1 to 7 July which is understandable

but I secretly hope for NOA2 around June. hehe

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck on your journey! :D

Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

I'm changing my last name, because my real name is already a challenge for anyone who tries to read it...

(I also always liked this idea, and we will both be changing it)

on the technical side, I don't think it adds anything to the AOS process in a bad way. I believe people who change it is maybe at least 50/50. And yes changing bank cards etc is a hassle! But I'm ok to just do it once :) (because really... I lived in Japan with a name no one can just say t if they look at the original version- I am tired of making reservation on non-existing people...)

Yeah that's definitely part of my pros-list - my middlename (that I naively added at 14 :rolleyes:) seems impossible to spell for some people - also my fiances name is much easier to sign stuff with (such a pragmatic scandinavian:lol:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
40 minutes ago, ML915 said:

Personally I'm not very traditional as such, I was either going to keep my name or double barrel it? - I really hoped that we both could change our names but that idea was kinda 'blanked' when I introduced it to my partner. My main reason was because after leaving so much here in favor to be with my partner, I wanted to at least hang on to something, so I'm leaning towards double barreling my name; Therefore, I have a piece of my partner, and a piece of my family in one name - yay! And even if it means I have to deal with the hassle of updating that information, I know it'll only happen once and it's worth it to me!

There are many people who change their names (one of my siblings for example!). Regardless of the hassle, maybe you should think about what you really want to do, and if it's a hassle to update the information to your bank cards and etc - oh well! I'm not really sure how complicated it will be, but I'm sure it'll be okay? This is actually one of the reasons my partner won't ever change his name though, but I think he's quite traditional too so he thinks it's my job kinda...?  

Edited by Linkie

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Linkie said:

Personally I'm not very traditional as such, I was either going to keep my name or double barrel it? - I really hoped that we both could change our names but that idea was kinda 'blanked' when I introduced it to my partner. My main reason was because after leaving so much here in favor to be with my partner, I wanted to at least hang on to something, so I'm leaning towards double barreling my name; Therefore, I have a piece of my partner, and a piece of my family in one name - yay! And even if it means I have to deal with the hassle or updating that information, I know it'll only happen once and it's worth it to me!

This is my thought exactly. I do want to keep my name since I'm moving so far away from my family but I also like the idea of sharing a name and being our own family in a sense? I also love the idea of us both changing our names, but I don't think my partner is up for it either - not so much because he's traditional in that sense, more that he likes how easy his name is and in his industry it's sort of like a personal brand thing I think.

If I do want to double barrel I have to pick which one of my names to keep (my mum's or dad's family name) - I refuse to add a name and have four in total. But that's just too intense for me to deal with right now haha. I guess I can always just wait and decide in a few years when I've settled in, maybe something feels more right than the other.

9 minutes ago, Linkie said:

Personally I'm not very traditional as such, I was either going to keep my name or double barrel it? - I really hoped that we both could change our names but that idea was kinda 'blanked' when I introduced it to my partner. My main reason was because after leaving so much here in favor to be with my partner, I wanted to at least hang on to something, so I'm leaning towards double barreling my name; Therefore, I have a piece of my partner, and a piece of my family in one name - yay! And even if it means I have to deal with the hassle of updating that information, I know it'll only happen once and it's worth it to me!

There are many people who change their names (one of my siblings for example!). Regardless of the hassle, maybe you should think about what you really want to do, and if it's a hassle to update the information to your bank cards and etc - oh well! I'm not really sure how complicated it will be, but I'm sure it'll be okay? This is actually one of the reasons my partner won't ever change his name though, but I think he's quite traditional too so he thinks it's my job kinda...?  

in switzerland a lot of couples do double last names, so his last name first and then her last name right after.

i find it weird, but understand the background and of course respect it.

for me, getting married and becoming one, has also to do with changing to his last name, as it gives a certain pride to say i'm his.

so i am actually looking forward to this name change :)

and changing the name for banks, passport etc, that's a one time change, and if you are researching now where to change it or how to,

it'll be a quick fix

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

1 hour ago, ML915 said:

I am debating myself either change my name or no.

I am Indonesian with German Passport ( I don't feel as German at all nor as Indonesian LOL) I felt lost my identity when I got German citizenship, then if I would change my name to his last name, I would lost completely my identity ( I feel that way) My last name now is my pride of my heritage

so I talked to J and he doesn't really care about the name, he would even change his into mine xD

so yes right now I am debating either keep my last name or do My first name + my last - his last ...not sure yet

making decision is one of my weakness ( woman is indecisive xD )

I don't think it's big deal anymore nowadays when hub and wife don't have same last name

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Timeline
1 hour ago, Bunyaka said:

haha I wish I could have that kinda magic too!!

I think it's possible for you to get NOA2 in March. My VJ timeline shows I'd get NOA2 around 1 to 7 July which is understandable

but I secretly hope for NOA2 around June. hehe

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck on your journey! :D

Same here! Best of luck on yours too! :)

5 minutes ago, Naes said:

Hellooooo My Dear Berries!!!

Finally a little movement!!

As you can see, coming out of labor day weekend Sept 5 is a mountain! (just like most Mondays...)

I feel like they are really starting to climb it!

Can't wait for the full week to show up and when they just run through!

"I'm so excited... and I just can't hide it..." 

I admit to dance at the halls and the bathroom of the company...

I also admit that people do see me sometimes and look at me like I'm crazy... Ok...ok... I meant they look at me and see that I am crazy...

Name updated cases that got the name update at this stage usually get an approval next day... I saw quite a lot of that happening..

so I actually think there were more approvals in the mail for 27th and 28th..

2/27 full day total : 1   

09/05/17 02/27/18  Your Current Status: Name Was Updated 

2/28 full day total : 23

09/01/17 02/28/18 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved
09/01/17 02/28/18 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
09/05/17 02/28/18 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
09/05/17 02/28/18 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
09/05/17 02/28/18 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved
09/05/17 02/27/18 Your Current Status: Name Was Updated

image.png.3e4d9e9c192ba1f7b38810ba3ad52a59.png

YES YES YES YE SYES :D 23 is awesome!!!!!! :D love it!

as they had so many RFE's here, i am also pretty sure that they sent some silent NOA2's for the 5th

I hope that some of our VJ'ers are in these 23! that'd be awesome! 

now off to a good successful day my dear berries! let's start this Thursday with a big smile and positive vibes! bammmmmm (or... boom shakalaka)

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Naes said:

Hellooooo My Dear Berries!!!

Finally a little movement!!

As you can see, coming out of labor day weekend Sept 5 is a mountain! (just like most Mondays...)

I feel like they are really starting to climb it!

Can't wait for the full week to show up and when they just run through!

"I'm so excited... and I just can't hide it..." 

I admit to dance at the halls and the bathroom of the company...

I also admit that people do see me sometimes and look at me like I'm crazy... Ok...ok... I meant they look at me and see that I am crazy...

Name updated cases that got the name update at this stage usually get an approval next day... I saw quite a lot of that happening..

so I actually think there were more approvals in the mail for 27th and 28th..

2/27 full day total : 1   

09/05/17 02/27/18  Your Current Status: Name Was Updated 

2/28 full day total : 23

09/01/17 02/28/18 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
09/05/17 02/27/18 Your Current Status: Name Was Updated

image.png.3e4d9e9c192ba1f7b38810ba3ad52a59.png

wow! wonderful berries 🎉🎉🎉🎉

The cupcakes really doing the majic for now 😃🙏🙌

go uscis, go uscis aim for the Gold 😅😅😅

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.