PrincyE

USCIS applications seem to be taking longer now and here's why!

31 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, JohnnyintheUSA said:

Not so sure about that! While I could agree that many (being government workers) are anti Trump/ republican it is difficult to accept they would give up a government job!  It's kind of like gold. 

I totally agree. You would be crazy to give up a job just because you don't like Trump. I think more people like him than the media would have you believe. 

4 hours ago, Scandi said:

I was thinking the same. They may say what they want about Trump but I highly doubt that they would give up a government job because of him being the president.

Yes you are so right... highly doubt...

1 hour ago, Diane and Chris said:

I totally agree. You would be crazy to give up a job just because you don't like Trump. I think more people like him than the media would have you believe. 

Most honest journalists are gone. Just a group of propaganda puppets for the most part that are not old enough to have any respect. Been to Chaux Fonds, Basel and Zurich when I meet with watch companies for our brand. Beautiful! My wonderful town of Charlottesville just got run over. But we will bounce.

There were a lot of us whose I-130s were delayed for like, a year? Back in 2013/2014. They just weren't worked on at all. Then suddenly the NVC got swamped with our approved petitions and they slowed down to a crawl. I got stuck there for 6 months. Now a lot of us are removing conditions, the same lot of us who swamped NVC. I think that's a partial reason too.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

At the beginning of the year, one of the first Executive Orders signed by the President was the freezing of the hiring of Federal Employees.

The USCIS falls under the DHS and unless they contract out looking at the confidential information of citizens, it'll be done by Federal employees (and they're hiring in the CA center for $60,000 a year...)

The hiring freeze was lifted for many agencies by April.  But if there was attrition or retirement, it would mean several months of work piling up with limited staff.

-- P

12 hours ago, JohnnyintheUSA said:

Not so sure about that! While I could agree that many (being government workers) are anti Trump/ republican it is difficult to accept they would give up a government job!  It's kind of like gold. 

I was a government worker myself and i know what you mean.  But i am telling you what she told me that lots of the people she deals with resigned.  Government employees i worked with would never resign from their job because their jobs are not hard, they get a pension once they retire and their job is kind of guaranteed.  But that's what the lady at the congresswoman's office today me

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Above you can see the I130 statistics. About 20% increase in applications during 2016 and trend is holding strong for 2017. This means USCIS is at least 20% understaffed if they just kept their 2014-2015 levels.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 8/18/2017 at 10:42 AM, DILAW said:

I want to see the figures of increase.  Some people are assuming the US Government is drowning in all the fee money from these applicants.  I know my congresswoman's immigration clerk told me a number of individuals who used to work have quit their jobs because they don't support/agree with the administration after Trump and things are moving slow.  She said almost all her contacts no longer active after Trump.

And your congresswoman is accurate, a group I was in on fb a lady posted a response she got from someone in dhs and they stated that a lot of workers quit because they didn't wanna work for the current administration so that's also putting on extra strain on an already strained process 🙁

2 minutes ago, MrsBonsu said:

And your congresswoman is accurate, a group I was in on fb a lady posted a response she got from someone in dhs and they stated that a lot of workers quit because they didn't wanna work for the current administration so that's also putting on extra strain on an already strained process 🙁

Yeah that sounds exactly like what the clerk told me.  But sometimes you got people that won't believe anything and will argue.  I just said what she told me i guess some think no government employee will quit their job.  The funny thing is, i was a government employee and i quit because i was sick and tired or the culture

Timeline
Just now, DILAW said:

Yeah that sounds exactly like what the clerk told me.  But sometimes you got people that won't believe anything and will argue.  I just said what she told me i guess some think no government employee will quit their job.  The funny thing is, i was a government employee and i quit because i was sick and tired or the culture

I think the people commenting that they don't believe anyone would just quit a government job I guess they haven't been paying attention to this current administration, there's stuff going on behind the scene that people don't know about, it's just aggravating to pay for services and nothing's happening 😖Or years of waiting 😡

1 minute ago, MrsBonsu said:

I think the people commenting that they don't believe anyone would just quit a government job I guess they haven't been paying attention to this current administration, there's stuff going on behind the scene that people don't know about, it's just aggravating to pay for services and nothing's happening 😖Or years of waiting 😡

I agree, there are a lot of things going on in the back.  This is why i said a while ago that a lot of people are distracted by the tweets and the bs that gets broadcasted.  But the people in office are doing lots of damage and changing lots of things.  When Trump is gone, we will hear about these things

Timeline
On 8/18/2017 at 4:56 PM, JohnnyintheUSA said:

Actually, Federal jobs are not that much of a "gold". Some state jobs have better benefits than the feds.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline
On 8/18/2017 at 10:08 PM, Diane and Chris said:

nah.. ppl do it all the time. Some people are driven by their conscience, just like others are driven by the benefits of the job. it doesn't make them crazy.

Some people may have few years to retire so any small change in management or administration that goes contrary to their beliefs, they retire sooner. And ppl do this all the time.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 8/18/2017 at 11:08 PM, Diane and Chris said:

i really don't want this to derail the thread but please remember he did not win the popular vote and he has absolutely begun to fracture his own base-  especially recently

On 8/18/2017 at 9:21 PM, spottymax said:

I can't speak for other applications, but I've been using this data to track naturalization data and far as that is concerned, the USCIS hardly processed any applications in the first quarter of this fiscal year (Oct to Dec 2016).  The previous quarter (July to September) they processed over 250,000 applications; the next quarter it was 130,000.

also thank you so much for this - the aos times for individual field offices are totally ###### and while i know it's not the same approval process it's nice to see movement in the data at all to have hope they're actually doing something ! lol

edit: also wanna add..the point of the thread..ultimately i think it's just really unfair that processing has nearly come to a halt given the recent price hike. should be the opposite

Edited by oncoming traffic
adding

married! , 18 nov 16
vwp aos priority , 27 feb 17 {1}
noa1 , 6 mar 17
biometrics , 27 mar 17
rdy for interview , 1 may 17
interview , 26 oct 17 {241} ezpz!
approved! , 17 nov 17 {263}
gc rec'd , 27 nov 17

I agree, it's a slap in the face that they increased the fees but basically take almost twice as long to process cases ,at least in Nebraska.

We filed at the beginning of February, my case should've been adjudicated in August. Now it looks like November, if I'm lucky. 

We don't know for sure why they're not doing anything to compensate for the backlog yet. It could be a number of things combined,

but the fact that they don't address it, they don't seem to care and that when you call you're told ''you're in normal processing times''

is downright infuriating. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.