4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Dorena27 said:

ok thank you well My fiancé is in Kingston Jamaica. Not sure how I will know when to have him go for it. LOl I guess we will just wait to see when we get our NOA2 and we get the improval letter if it will tell us at what point to go get the medical exam.

Embassy will email you pocket 3 then you can choose the date for both medical and interview 

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jeffreyyu said:

Embassy will email you pocket 3 then you can choose the date for both medical and interview 

ok Thank you soo much!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Michell213 said:

6 months ago of this long wait so I'm a little anxious

It's fine to be anxious. Am just telling you that you're not the only one to be waiting.
So hang on tight

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Vholde346 said:

Thank you. My partner talked to Tier 2 last week and they were processing it as they were on the phone (apparently).

Lol
Classic. we usually tell people to not hang on the words of these USCIS people
Because the information they give is all over the place.

I believe it was  @MandW that literally called Tier II and they said case was received
And like the next day, got his approval in the mail, dated like the week before! :jest:

But we all get our approvals sooner or later. Let's all hang tight and buckle down for a crazy ride

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Lol
Classic. we usually tell people to not hang on the words of these USCIS people
Because the information they give is all over the place.

I believe it was  @MandW that literally called Tier II and they said case was received
And like the next day, got his approval in the mail, dated like the week before! :jest:

But we all get our approvals sooner or later. Let's all hang tight and buckle down for a crazy ride

yep, called last Thursday "your case has status received, not approved yet so you might want to call back next month on the 15th" I said ok, then two days later this past weekend my mail lady says "is this what your looking for..??" I said yep, it was noa2 and the date on it 02/17 as the approval date. NVC today confirmed that date with me when I called for case number, no case number yet

Edited by MandW

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

39 minutes ago, A2Z Panish said:

We were approved!!!! Just wanted to say thank you to all of the August filers for your consistent post that kept us strong through this whole process. My case wasnt updated electronically. I called in and the customer service rep, gave the usual 3 week response so I asked to speak with a Tier II. As soon as I got on the phone he asked if I recieved my approval letter yet and I was like "WHAT?!" He was like yeah, you were approved on 4/22. Best day of my year thus far. Our NOA1 date was 8/22.

Good Luck everyone and call, call, call. Don't wait for your fate. If you are worried and you have time give the CSC a call around 8am and speak to a Tier II. You wont have to wait in line they will call you back. Your approval maybe in the mail.

Congrats... excited now. I am 8/23

Hello guys, 

I have been lurking here for 3 weeks, given that the USCIS costumer service wasn't really helpful. It seems to me that the operators are only trained to read a long script, like cops when they take their precious time to read you your Miranda rights, before they take you to you know where😁. 

Anyway, first I'd like to extend my gratitude to all the active members. Seriously your reactions helps me battle anxiety and depression. For instance 4 days ago I called USCIS to inquire about my pending case, the operator, who was, it seems to me, very condescending, told me after all the routines questions ( how many have you called, etc...) that they are working on August 1st cases and asked me to check back after 6 weeks, since my NOA1 is dated August 8th. What a huge setback that was. Once again I sought refuge here, and once again my hope was rebooted. It works everytime. 

Yesterday I checked my mail and finally i got a response from the USCIS, an RFE (to me this is better than no response). They are requesting that i provide a traditional wedding certificate. This is because i mentioned on the application and also on some of the pictures, that we had a traditional wedding. Why on earth did I mention it knowing well that it is such a foreign concept  in the U.S ?? In my opinion that was unnecessary details. 

Just in case you are wondering about what is a traditional marriage: well, in most part of Africa, especially sub saharan, a traditional or a customary marriage is a ceremony wherein prominent members of the couple would meet, usually at the house of the girl's father, to "discuss" the prospect of joining both family by allowing the couple to get married. Briefly, it is during this ceremony that the couple officially become engaged. 

Unfortunately,  it is not formalized. And so there aren't any documentations to back it up. 

I don't know what to do. any advice will be very appreciated. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, shalyn said:

AFTER 202 DAYS FINALY APPROVED!!!! What a long wait smh

Screenshot_20180226-140704.jpg

Wow, nice!!! I'm very happy for you two :) . Fyi to others USCIS site still shows us as Received. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 minutes ago, shalyn said:

AFTER 202 DAYS FINALY APPROVED!!!! What a long wait smh

Screenshot_20180226-140704.jpg

Congratulations may  god guide you on the rest of your journey 

Edited by Jeffreyyu

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Afrobeat said:

Hello guys, 

I have been lurking here for 3 weeks, given that the USCIS costumer service wasn't really helpful. It seems to me that the operators are only trained to read a long script, like cops when they take their precious time to read you your Miranda rights, before they take you to you know where😁. 

Anyway, first I'd like to extend my gratitude to all the active members. Seriously your reactions helps me battle anxiety and depression. For instance 4 days ago I called USCIS to inquire about my pending case, the operator, who was, it seems to me, very condescending, told me after all the routines questions ( how many have you called, etc...) that they are working on August 1st cases and asked me to check back after 6 weeks, since my NOA1 is dated August 8th. What a huge setback that was. Once again I sought refuge here, and once again my hope was rebooted. It works everytime. 

Yesterday I checked my mail and finally i got a response from the USCIS, an RFE (to me this is better than no response). They are requesting that i provide a traditional wedding certificate. This is because i mentioned on the application and also on some of the pictures, that we had a traditional wedding. Why on earth did I mention it knowing well that it is such a foreign concept  in the U.S ?? In my opinion that was unnecessary details. 

Just in case you are wondering about what is a traditional marriage: well, in most part of Africa, especially sub saharan, a traditional or a customary marriage is a ceremony wherein prominent members of the couple would meet, usually at the house of the girl's father, to "discuss" the prospect of joining both family by allowing the couple to get married. Briefly, it is during this ceremony that the couple officially become engaged. 

Unfortunately,  it is not formalized. And so there aren't any documentations to back it up. 

I don't know what to do. any advice will be very appreciated. 

Can you write a letter explaining that in your culture this is the tradition followed by engaged couples but does not render you a legally married couple? It sounds like they’re confused by the ceremony and thinking it was a wedding instead of more of an engagement celebration. I hope someone else can add to this. Good luck!

40 minutes ago, Sean&Lailane said:

I'm actually crying... I just went to the mail box. I was shaking when I saw the letter, I was afraid to open it! I was worriyng that it would be a RFE......We finally got approval> NOA2 dated 02/21. We were received on Aug. 22, with a notice date of the 24th. I'll update my timeline. Thank you everyone and especially @Naes. :)

congrats!

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.