Adaa

Spouse visa application while pregnant

70 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Adaa said:

Does the fact that we will get married outside of US complicates the process? Does US recognizes foreign marriages?

Yes

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Adaa said:

Does the fact that we will get married outside of US complicates the process? Does US recognizes foreign marriages?

You just need to register the marriage at the US consulate in Bucharest. 

N400 filed - online: 10/30/2020

NOA: 11/02/2020

Bio reuse: 12/30/2020

USCIS changed to "Interview Scheduled": 06/07/2021

Interview Date: 07/14/2021 Approved!

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled": 07/15/2021

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony notice mailed": 07/20/2021

Oath Ceremony: 08/06/2021 🇺🇸

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Transborderwife said:

Your insurance would cover a birth abroad?  That sounds highly unlikely 

It's a private insurance that allows me to cover in certain countries and states of US . I will have to pay for it myself and get reimbursed afterwards. My bf also had good insurance that we can use so this is not our main concern 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Adaa said:

It's a private insurance that allows me to cover in certain countries and states of US . I will have to pay for it myself and get reimbursed afterwards. My bf also had good insurance that we can use so this is not our main concern 

You cannot use his insurance unless you're a permanent resident.  Do you realize how much money you'd be payin out of pocket for a birth?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Transborderwife said:

You cannot use his insurance unless you're a permanent resident.  Do you realize how much money you'd be payin out of pocket for a birth?

That's really the least of our concerns :)

Good for you guys. Either way, you need K1 or Spouse visa.

Traveling back and forth on the tourist visa will end up in being denied entry, especially when you're pregnant.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Adaa said:

That's really the least of our concerns :)

It shouldn't be.  American births are increasingly costly.  Would you rather risk entering and being denied unable to visit for the rest of the process, or bite the bullet and give birth at home? 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Roel said:

Good for you guys. Either way, you need K1 or Spouse visa.

Traveling back and forth on the tourist visa will end up in being denied entry, especially when you're pregnant.

That was the plan anyway... the back and forth traveling was only for the period when the paperwork is under process . We are trying to find a way to see each other and also for the baby not to be away from his dad for too long 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, mallafri76 said:

Sounds like you're trying to have the cake and eat it too... 

You want to live in the US and give birth here while still keeping paid maternity leave from Europe but you can't legally do so. If you immigrate to the US, it means you're no longer a resident of Romania and hence you can't use social benefits in Europe, including paid maternity leave.

Why don't you get married and then file for your then husband to immigrate to Europe. If you get married this summer, he should be there in time for the birth. You can then live together with your baby in Europe and do the spousal visa down the line. 

We do not want to leave in Europe

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Transborderwife said:

I only urge caution as I got stuck in the USA and had to self pay myself.

EXACTLY. My husband had to get 3(!) stitches in the ER one time and it cost a whopping $1000.

N400 filed - online: 10/30/2020

NOA: 11/02/2020

Bio reuse: 12/30/2020

USCIS changed to "Interview Scheduled": 06/07/2021

Interview Date: 07/14/2021 Approved!

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled": 07/15/2021

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony notice mailed": 07/20/2021

Oath Ceremony: 08/06/2021 🇺🇸

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I don't really think you understand how insurance work here.

Your birth will not be covered on your husbands insurance and your insurance from Romania will not cover a birth here either you won't get reimbursed. This can cost you thousands and thousands of $.

Your child will be USC even though born in Romania. 

Also you can't get your paid maternity leave from Romania with you. Once you move it will be lost and your husband will have to support you and the baby.

If I were you I would go for the K-1 now submit the papers and you can move not long after the baby is ready for the flight and have gotten the US passport. 

Otherwise stick with your plan of an October wedding and send in papers but don't expect to move anytime soon and also plan on having your baby in Romania.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.