BVGApeach

July 2017 I-129F Filers

6,727 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Amit&Julie said:

Hey fellow July filers...stopping in to vent/commiserate for a minute. I'm feeling really impatient and frustrated at the moment. Our case is Ready at Mumbai--that part happened pretty darn quickly! But since then, things have been going much slower than I'd like them to. And it feels like for every day that we delay a particular step, the next available K1 interview is pushed out 2-3 weeks. :( 

The immigration attorney's less-than-speedy responses to emails, the delays in getting my fiance's birth certificate (don't even get me started), the holiday of Holi happening tomorrow and shutting things down, and then something like a WEEK to get funds from the bank to confirm the $265 visa fees... all of this is really wearing on me. And I read on here this morning that the earliest available appointment in Mumbai is currently around mid-May. :clock::cry: Our petition will have passed its 4-month mark by then! Meanwhile, people who got their NOA2 just a week before us have already had their interview and gotten approved. I'm happy for them, but I wish we weren't subject to so many delays ourselves. :( I don't think I'll want to work with a lawyer when we remove conditions, it's just too slow and our case isn't even complicated.

On top of it all, I have to plan a wedding that could occur sometime between...oh, I don't know, late March (if you're my optimistic fiance) and June or later??? And people, especially in India, keep asking when the wedding will be, and I feel like we're being judged for being engaged for 9 months and counting. We may even hit the 1-year mark if this keeps up. 

I was doing pretty well with this process up until now. USCIS takes 5-6 months to give NOA2? No worries, I'll just wait patiently. Now a small delay by any one of many parties trickles down to create a large delay for our interview and as a result, our wedding? Nope! I can't handle this!  It all feels like too much right now and I just want to be DONE with this part of the process. :cry: I know there are others on here who have been waiting longer, and I mean no disrespect to you, I'm just struggling with this a lot personally right now. 

Hey, no worries, that is what we are all on here for. To vent, complain, share joy, have breakdowns, build one another up, and build a solid foundation to stand on that will give them the strength to get through the tough times caused by this process.

Think positive, I'm sure it will work out for you and your loved one, and remember a year from now you will be laughing together about this whole process.

Keep the Faith, You got this!

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

i understand your frustration! 

a friend here from a previous month had something similar, and she booked the late appointment but kept keeping an eye open for the

cancelled appointments and was able to sneak in something like 2 weeks from the day she searched! so it all worked out great.

i recommend to keep checking for a canelled appointment that will pop up 

It's possible to book a later date but then switch it if an earlier one comes up?? :blink: Well that gives me a little more hope! :) I hope that can be done for booking appointments in India, too.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, JSCGPV said:

Hey, no worries, that is what we are all on here for. To vent, complain, share joy, have breakdowns, build one another up, and build a solid foundation to stand on that will give them the strength to get through the tough times caused by this process.

Think positive, I'm sure it will work out for you and your loved one, and remember a year from now you will be laughing together about this whole process.

Keep the Faith, You got this!

Thank you for the understanding and encouragement. :)

6 minutes ago, Amit&Julie said:

It's possible to book a later date but then switch it if an earlier one comes up?? :blink: Well that gives me a little more hope! :) I hope that can be done for booking appointments in India, too.

well she did it and it worked. she was able to reschedule, so i'm sure you'll be able to do the same at your embassy :)

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Amit&Julie said:

Hey fellow July filers...stopping in to vent/commiserate for a minute. I'm feeling really impatient and frustrated at the moment. Our case is Ready at Mumbai--that part happened pretty darn quickly! But since then, things have been going much slower than I'd like them to. And it feels like for every day that we delay a particular step, the next available K1 interview is pushed out 2-3 weeks. :( 

The immigration attorney's less-than-speedy responses to emails, the delays in getting my fiance's birth certificate (don't even get me started), the holiday of Holi happening tomorrow and shutting things down, and then something like a WEEK to get funds from the bank to confirm the $265 visa fees... all of this is really wearing on me. And I read on here this morning that the earliest available appointment in Mumbai is currently around mid-May. :clock::cry: Our petition will have passed its 4-month mark by then! Meanwhile, people who got their NOA2 just a week before us have already had their interview and gotten approved. I'm happy for them, but I wish we weren't subject to so many delays ourselves. :( I don't think I'll want to work with a lawyer when we remove conditions, it's just too slow and our case isn't even complicated.

On top of it all, I have to plan a wedding that could occur sometime between...oh, I don't know, late March (if you're my optimistic fiance) and June or later??? And people, especially in India, keep asking when the wedding will be, and I feel like we're being judged for being engaged for 9 months and counting. We may even hit the 1-year mark if this keeps up. 

I was doing pretty well with this process up until now. USCIS takes 5-6 months to give NOA2? No worries, I'll just wait patiently. Now a small delay by any one of many parties trickles down to create a large delay for our interview and as a result, our wedding? Nope! I can't handle this!  It all feels like too much right now and I just want to be DONE with this part of the process. :cry: I know there are others on here who have been waiting longer, and I mean no disrespect to you, I'm just struggling with this a lot personally right now. 

We’re all struggling here and this whole process sucks, but at least we found the one!!! And hey, your NOA2 took 5-6 months, well mine looks like it will take 8 months, because we’re already at 220 days and nothing, plus interviews in Brazil are already being scheduled for April, so it’s not going to be fast here either :( 

Timeline

Hi guys, 

I have a question regarding medical exam... So when we walk in for the medical exam, I understand one  of the documents we should bring is the interview notice. Is it the email from CEAC that you are ready for an interview or is it the appointment letter for interview  when you do the Ds160 that your interview is confirmed at this date? Sometimes lawyers just makes it so hard... Grrrrrrrr 🙄🙄🙄

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

@Amit&Julie   We feel your pain.  We got our NOA2 on 1/31, and it was ready at the US Embassy in Greece on 2/20.  Then we got the packet 3, and everything has gone downhill since then.  The US Embassy does not require Apostille stamps on any documents.  We knew this.  However, since my fiance is Russian and her documents are in Russian, we have to get them translated at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Athens, Greece.  We did not know this.  And, they will only translate documents that have the Apostille stamp.  So now we are paying a rush fee, which will hopefully get us the Apostille stamped documents in about a month.  The original estimate was 2-9 months.  Then, we will have to wait another 2 weeks to get the documents translated, so that we can submit the packet 3 information.  And, we cannot even schedule an interview and until after we have submitted the packet 3 information.  At this point, I think the best case is that her interview will be in late April, although it could be delayed until sometime in May.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 hours ago, maria85 said:

Hi guys, 

I have a question regarding medical exam... So when we walk in for the medical exam, I understand one  of the documents we should bring is the interview notice. Is it the email from CEAC that you are ready for an interview or is it the appointment letter for interview  when you do the Ds160 that your interview is confirmed at this date? Sometimes lawyers just makes it so hard... Grrrrrrrr 🙄🙄🙄

I don't think K1 visa applicants have letters but on my medical exam I took the payment receipt that has my case number, visa interview date and time. They had no problem with that. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Faisal1 said:

Can we contact other distt congressman/women because our distt   congressman  is not in office.. and have no time 

I would ask @John & Rose from June. He knows a lot about that.

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

John Gina BW 300.jpg

Hey guys

im so anxious and worried recently,i barely can sleep. my case at NVC status updated to 'ready' this Monday,but i still havent got the mail from the embassy in my country,but my friend who has the same timeline as mine already got hers,so im so worried. Ive heard a lot that people waited so long for the package 3,and there's nothing much i can do,ive tried to talk to the embassy in my country,but all i got is officially reply ''please wait more patiently for your appointment letter':(

im so so so so so anxious right now %>_<%

Timeline
6 minutes ago, joelcassie said:

Hey guys

im so anxious and worried recently,i barely can sleep. my case at NVC status updated to 'ready' this Monday,but i still havent got the mail from the embassy in my country,but my friend who has the same timeline as mine already got hers,so im so worried. Ive heard a lot that people waited so long for the package 3,and there's nothing much i can do,ive tried to talk to the embassy in my country,but all i got is officially reply ''please wait more patiently for your appointment letter':(

im so so so so so anxious right now %>_<%

I wouldn't stress your self over this. The government works in their own time. Be positive that your at NVC stage. Sometimes it takes a couple weeks or so to get to the embassy.

You got this, just take a deep breath and relax. It will happen for you.

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

John Gina BW 300.jpg

18 minutes ago, JSCGPV said:

I wouldn't stress your self over this. The government works in their own time. Be positive that your at NVC stage. Sometimes it takes a couple weeks or so to get to the embassy.

You got this, just take a deep breath and relax. It will happen for you.

Thank you so much for the encouragements I will try my hardest stay positive and relax myself,after all ive already been waiting for this long.

good luck with your case!Hope you get your NOA2 very soon!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.