MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Nar_fah said:

Hello everyone,

I am here to share the good news. My husband's visa got issued today exactly 17 months after his interview date.

I hope this journey ends for everyone who is waiting. This waiting journey was really frustrating and emotionally draining for me, and I am sure it is the same for everyone who is going through this. But thank God, it came to an end.

I am on cloud 9 today. I am very grateful and thankful for this day. I hope everyone waiting gets to see this day soon.

Thanks

Many congratulations to you. So happy for you. Pray for the rest of us too. 1 year passed after my interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
13 hours ago, tiyyo said:

I emailed the embassy and told them he needed it back to travel for work. They sent it back in June of 2018. They said they will let him know when to send it back to them.

Thank you! 

4 hours ago, Nar_fah said:

Hello everyone,

I am here to share the good news. My husband's visa got issued today exactly 17 months after his interview date.

I hope this journey ends for everyone who is waiting. This waiting journey was really frustrating and emotionally draining for me, and I am sure it is the same for everyone who is going through this. But thank God, it came to an end.

I am on cloud 9 today. I am very grateful and thankful for this day. I hope everyone waiting gets to see this day soon.

Thanks

Congratulations! Im really happy for you! I can understand the painful wait. Wishing you a blessed life ahead. It will only get easier from here IA. 

5 hours ago, Nar_fah said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks

Did your husband get the ds5535 questionnaire? And what date did he get it?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
7 hours ago, Nar_fah said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks

Congratulations. Thanks for sharing the good news :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Everyone 

I am in Ap from july 2017 

From Islamabad embassy

At 25th jan 2019 I received an email from embassy to renew ds260 redomedical and  passport size pictures 

I submitted at 6 feb 2019

After that on 12 feb 2019 embassy call me for new fingerprints but he didn't tell me about time and where to do it and also didn't email me about it.

Now if anyone can help me what they do next will embassy issue me without fingerprints or what they do next

6 minutes ago, Honey0 said:

Hi Everyone 

From Islamabad embassy

At 25th jan 2019 I received an email from embassy to renew ds260 redomedical and  passport size pictures 

After that on 12 feb 2019 embassy call me for new fingerprints but he didn't tell me about time and where to do it and also didn't email me about it.

Now if anyone can help me what they do next will embassy issue me without fingerprints or what they do next

Don't worry visa will issue without 

InshaAllah 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Honey0 said:

Hi Everyone 

From Islamabad embassy

OMG congrats. my husband had his interview on August 28, 2017 and we havn't heard anything from the embassy ever since. Are you the petitioner and what was your case about? please help!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Honey0 said:

Hi Everyone 

From Islamabad embassy

Also send an inquiry to this link and ask them about fingerprinting guidelines. https://pk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiries/

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Mia12392 said:

OMG congrats. my husband had his interview on August 28, 2017 and we havn't heard anything from the embassy ever since. Are you the petitioner and what was your case about? please help!

Have you reached out to your local Senator or a congressman?   

Timeline

Hello again everyone,

I had my interview on the 5th of february 2019. I was asked to submit DS-5535 by email. I filled it and sent it as a word document the 6th of february at 3.10PM.

It's been almost two weeks, and the case update on CEAC still shows 05-02-2019 (Day of interview). 

Did they miss my email? Should I resend the form just to be sure that they received it?

Edited by joedib6

On 2/14/2019 at 10:14 AM, Nar_fah said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks

Did he hve to fill ds5355?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Somalia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I had question I hope that you can help me with. My husband’s case is in administrative processing.  However, I noticed today that ds 260 form page says reopened instead of completed. I haven’t received any email from the embassy or anything. Has anyone seen that and what do I have to do?

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Shukri

2 hours ago, Shukri said:

Hello everyone,

I had question I hope that you can help me with. My husband’s case is in administrative processing.  However, I noticed today that ds 260 form page says reopened instead of completed. I haven’t received any email from the embassy or anything. Has anyone seen that and what do I have to do?

Thanks in advance. 

This usually happens when the case is in AP for more than a year. Dont do anything yourself. Wait for the embassy to tell you. When his visa is ready to be issued then the embassy will tell u to fill out ds 260 again. How long have u been in AP? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.