MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rami91 said:

hey Everyone, just want to make sure why the The embassy is not replying to my emails in Lebanon!!! Any body knows??? In ap since May 1st /17. K1

I want to.know too..i called last friday..nd they said that they dnt talk about visas on the phone..to.me send an email...i did...nth yet...they dnt reply my emails

Timeline

Hello everyone,

I've applied for a B1/B2 Visa last week. Everything went smooth and my visa got accepted. After 1 hour, the embassy called me and said that I had to submit the DS-5535 form and my passport was returned via Aramex.

The reason for my trip is a 5 days event in one of the most reputable universities in the US mid-march.

My colleagues got their visas in 24 hours.

Will this process make me miss my visit? Will they take into consideration the dates specified on the invitation letter?

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, joedib6 said:

Hello everyone,

I've applied for a B1/B2 Visa last week. Everything went smooth and my visa got accepted. After 1 hour, the embassy called me and said that I had to submit the DS-5535 form and my passport was returned via Aramex.

The reason for my trip is a 5 days event in one of the most reputable universities in the US mid-march.

My colleagues got their visas in 24 hours.

Will this process make me miss my visit? Will they take into consideration the dates specified on the invitation letter?

Hello Joedib6,

NOw since you have received this form, please submit with all the possible details. do not mean to make you feel bad but this could be a long wait. I know people who have rcvd their visa within 30 days also after DS 5535. But it can also take more than a year. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, DS5535-Jeddah-O1A said:

Hello Joedib6,

NOw since you have received this form, please submit with all the possible details. do not mean to make you feel bad but this could be a long wait. I know people who have rcvd their visa within 30 days also after DS 5535. But it can also take more than a year. 

Thank you for your reply.

I had my interview on tuesday 5 feb. Submitted the form right away after I received it on tuesday, but still haven't received a reply and no case update.

Is there a way to speed up the process?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, joedib6 said:

Thank you for your reply.

I had my interview on tuesday 5 feb. Submitted the form right away after I received it on tuesday, but still haven't received a reply and no case update.

Is there a way to speed up the process?

My friend, there is no way to expedite the process. I would advise not to be very anxious about it but keep enquiring every month or so. I hope you get your visa soon.

Timeline
Just now, DS5535-Jeddah-O1A said:

My friend, there is no way to expedite the process. I would advise not to be very anxious about it but keep enquiring every month or so. I hope you get your visa soon.

Okay, thank you.

One more question to you or anyone who might know. My colleagues got a 1 year visa right away.

Now will the process take less time for a 1 year visa? I mean making me wait 1 year in order to give me a 1 year visa sounds quite illogical don't you think so?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, joedib6 said:

Okay, thank you.

One more question to you or anyone who might know. My colleagues got a 1 year visa right away.

Now will the process take less time for a 1 year visa? I mean making me wait 1 year in order to give me a 1 year visa sounds quite illogical don't you think so?

The visa class or duration is irrelevant for this process. I am not suggesting that it will also take an year for you but if see the trends, most of the people spent around that time in the process.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, AP2018 said:

Does anyone of you know, How many days does it take from ready to issued

Judging by the old posts on Visa  journey it takes 2-3 weeks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
9 hours ago, AP2018 said:

Does anyone of you know, How many days does it take from ready to issued

I would imagine it varies depending on the embassy.

October 2011: Met in Spain

2012-2014: Video chat + visas + visits and vacations = we made it through!

June 2014: Moved to Spain, got engaged 

December 31, 2015: got married

April 20, 2016: sent I130 package

May 2, 2016: package received in Chicago Lockbox - - - 12 days for delivery!! Don't use TNT couriers!! 

May 2nd or 5th, 2016: email NOA1... accepted and sent to.... NEBRASKA 

And now.... breeeeeeathe..... be like water my friend....

October 26th, 2016: NOA2 [We had waited almost 6 months. Received notification from the phone app, never got an email.]

November 9th 2016: USCIS sent the petition to NVC (app notification) [waited 2 weeks after approval for this]

November 25th 2016: NVC received and created account for our petition [waited 16 days after USCIS sent it, for NVC to acknowledge receipt]

Dec 1st 2016: Chose agent online DS261 [a few days later than it could've been since the above NVC email went to SPAM!]

Dec 6th 2016: Case available for paying fees. That was fast, I think! 5 days!

Took a long time to get package out because... life... and husband's family in Morocco had to travel to get police document.

Feb 20th 2017: Scan date at NVC, received weird email.

April 28th 2017: CHECKLIST. Moroccans are required to send a Court Report regardless of Police Record status. My husband had to go back to Morocco to get it in person. Also, NVC wants a 2016 tax return now that is 2017. My bad.

September 15th 2017: 2nd Scan Date at NVC. Sent for document review October 20th.

Nov 10th 2017: Email requesting document be brought to interview. Will schedule interview.

Case complete date??: TBD :clock:.... November 8th!!

Interview date : January 18, 2018!!           Result: Administrative Processing      :mellow:

Embassy called for new medical last week of August. New Medical Sept 10.

Visa ISSUED September 14, 2018. :blink:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 2/11/2019 at 12:23 AM, Le212 said:

Hey! How did you request for his passport back? My husband has to travel for work and he hasn’t been able to because the consulate had his passport. We were thinking about requesting for it but we’re afraid they will delay our process even more 😭

I emailed the embassy and told them he needed it back to travel for work. They sent it back in June of 2018. They said they will let him know when to send it back to them.

Married: 09/01/02016

I-130 sent: 11/21/2016

NOA1 received: 11/25/2016

NOA1 hard copy: 11/30/2016

NOA2 hard copy: 09/21/2017

NVC received: 10/01/2017

DS-261 completed: 10/06/2017

AOS paid: 10/11/2017

IV fee paid: 10/20/2017

DS-260 completed: 10/25/2017

AOS/IV mailed: 10/26/2017

AOS/IV received: 10/31/2017

CC12/06/2017

Interview: 02/20/2018   AP:(

2nd Interview: 02/25/2019 (It was a STOKES!! I think I surprised them because I all ready had a trip planned over there to see him!!!)

Visa in hand! 08/12/2019

Arrived in US: 10/10/2019

10 year green card: 11/08/2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.