1,454 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Z&M said:

New update on the Case Tracker app today. Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview! :)

Does anyone know how long this will take approximately? 

It took us about a month before this changed to You Have Been Scheduled For Interview. The interview was then scheduled about a month after that. Good luck!  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
16 hours ago, Diane and Chris said:

It took us about a month before this changed to You Have Been Scheduled For Interview. The interview was then scheduled about a month after that. Good luck!  

Thank you! We actually got an update today saying our interview is now scheduled :) 

On 9/15/2018 at 6:17 PM, A&B_11.2017 said:

Hello all, 

anyone here from dallas june 2017 filler ? 

I have got combocard in my hands but still no word on i130 or i485 and also they never sent i797 for i130. It feels like its taking forever. I had one rfe for birth certificate and thats it. Still no word. 

If anyone here please let me know your status, i really appreciate your response. 

Guys anyone from dallas june 2017 fillers ? Any updates ? I dont know why its too slow... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please help, getting ready to file AOS for my wife who was a K1 and kids K2. What all forms do i need to file? I think i got them all, just want to make sure im not missing anything. Thank you 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, oguzksk said:

Affidavit support copy of that latest tax return birth certificates combo cards appointment letter. 

Do i file affidavit of support for the 2 kids as well or no since they are listed in the main one and everything is getting filed together? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

No as far as I know 864 is already filled so you don’t need another one. Just bring the copy and the one you previously submitted.  Also bring your 2017 tax returns. They will ask this definitely. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We had our AOS interview today.  Approved on the spot.  :)  After waiting over 15 months, we are SO excited!

Click here for K1:

Spoiler

11/19/2016                 Mailed I-129F packet
11/21/2016                 NOA1 received date
11/25/2016                 Date on NOA1 hard copy
11/28/2016                 NOA1 arrived in the mail
02/16/2017                 NOA2 (USCIS website and Case Tracker app)
02/21/2017                 NOA2 arrived in the mail
03/08/2017                 Case arrived at the NVC
03/09/2017                 NVC assigned case number
03/13/2017                 Case left the NVC
03/17/2017                 Case arrived in Montreal; status updated to "Ready"
03/17/2017                 Submitted DS-160
03/18/2017                 E-mailed Packet 3 to Montreal
03/20/2017                 Received Packet 4
04/26/2017                 Visa interview in Montreal - Approved!!!
04/27/2017                 CEAC status changed from "Administrative Processing" to "Visa Issued".
04/28/2017                 Visa arrived
05/29/2017                 POE Toronto (Pre-Clearance)/Minneapolis
06/01/2017                 Legal marriage
07/29/2017                 Wedding ceremony with family and friends

Marriage-Based Adjustment of Status:

06/16/2017                 Mailed AOS packet to Chicago lockbox

06/19/2017                 Chicago lockbox received

07/03/2017                 Notification texts & e-mails

07/12/2017                 NOA hard copies arrived in the mail

07/25/2017                 Biometrics letter arrived

08/02/2017                 Biometrics appointment

11/06/2017                 EAD and AP approval notice arrived in the mail

11/08/2017                 EAD card arrived (145 days after we sent our AOS packet)

03/15/2018                 Status changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview"

07/21/2018                 Submitted paperwork to renew EAD/AP

09/01/2018                 Interview notice arrived in the mail

10/03/2018                 AOS interview (474 days after we mailed our paperwork)

11/08/2018                 InfoPass appointment to inquire about green card.  Learned that our file had been moved to the
                                       storage room for approved cases, but had not been marked "approved" in the computer system.

11/16/2018                 Online case status changed to "approved" (44 days after AOS interview)

11/21/2018                 Green card was mailed

11/24/2018                 Green card arrived!!!!!  (526 days after applying for AOS)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Just got my interview notice. It is on October 31. After 15.5 months waiting, finally got the interview step! So excited!

4 hours ago, MapleLeaf29 said:

We had our AOS interview today.  Approved on the spot.  :)  After waiting over 15 months, we are SO excited!

So, so happy for you guys!  We were approved last month after 15 months as well. 😀

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Had interview yesterday in Atlanta. Very Quick and easy. The interviewer said it was backed up because of the “new administration” imposing new stipulations they have no control over. Normally if a case took this long, they’d mail the green card without interview she said. 

Recieved the provisional 2 yr which sucks because we almost waited that long. But we’ll take it! 

ps No evidence of relationship, medical or tax info needed at our interview. Just a bunch of questions pertaining to crimes, terrorism, prostitution, etc etc to the beneficiary. No questions to me at all.

5 hours ago, iJapanesey said:

Had interview yesterday in Atlanta. Very Quick and easy. The interviewer said it was backed up because of the “new administration” imposing new stipulations they have no control over. Normally if a case took this long, they’d mail the green card without interview she said. 

Recieved the provisional 2 yr which sucks because we almost waited that long. But we’ll take it! 

ps No evidence of relationship, medical or tax info needed at our interview. Just a bunch of questions pertaining to crimes, terrorism, prostitution, etc etc to the beneficiary. No questions to me at all.

Congratulations!  Same here. Atlanta for us, too. We had to wait about a week before final approval. And now we all get a break for a little while. We were able to get the “real” drivers license with no problems, finally!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.