1,454 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

422 days and just now “ready to be scheduled” in Atlanta, GA. Prob another 30+ days to get that date. The waiting game continues... 

42 minutes ago, iJapanesey said:

422 days and just now “ready to be scheduled” in Atlanta, GA. Prob another 30+ days to get that date. The waiting game continues... 

Sounds about right for Atlanta. It was 443 days for us from filing to interview. We have the interview next week. 

Found this page on the USCIS website, https://www.uscis.gov/tools/ombudsman-liaison/uscis-responses-annual-reports-congress

It includes USCIS responses to congress about complaints that have been filed. The most recent document is from 2017 and it discusses multiple reasons why filing has slowed down. The document is broken up into Family, employment and other immigration types. It does not mention adjustment of status in particular, but I think it is worth a read, and allows for a little more clarity.

9 hours ago, Selma and Nermin said:

Found this page on the USCIS website, https://www.uscis.gov/tools/ombudsman-liaison/uscis-responses-annual-reports-congress

It includes USCIS responses to congress about complaints that have been filed. The most recent document is from 2017 and it discusses multiple reasons why filing has slowed down. The document is broken up into Family, employment and other immigration types. It does not mention adjustment of status in particular, but I think it is worth a read, and allows for a little more clarity.

Thank you!  Very informative. It’s amazing how many applications they process every year. It makes you appreciate everything they really do for us. It makes the wait a bit easier. Thanks, again. 

So you got that notice back in March?  After we got our notice ready to be scheduled, we got our interview scheduled in about 30 days and interview was 35 days after that. We go to Atlanta next week for interview. Best of luck to you.  

Edited by Diane and Chris

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
17 hours ago, Diane and Chris said:

So you got that notice back in March?  After we got our notice ready to be scheduled, we got our interview scheduled in about 30 days and interview was 35 days after that. We go to Atlanta next week for interview. Best of luck to you.  

Unfortunately, I didn't get any notice. Still waiting. Thanks.

On 8/25/2018 at 6:42 PM, rulix said:

Wow, I got an update!

March 15, 2018

Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

Again, when did you get the notice?  It says March but you seem surprised by your wording. I’ve heard it can take months after getting this notice before interview is actually scheduled. Good luck!  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Diane and Chris said:

Again, when did you get the notice?  It says March but you seem surprised by your wording. I’ve heard it can take months after getting this notice before interview is actually scheduled. Good luck!  

I only got an online status update, no notice in mail. The previous status "we are scheduling your interview" was on from August 10 til a couple days ago. It's exciting to get any update on my case, that's why I sound surprising. Another thing is it says that status update was in March but in reality the status was updated just now. I am just hoping I didn't miss the notice in mail and didn't throw it away with spam mail by chance.

48 minutes ago, rulix said:

I only got an online status update, no notice in mail. The previous status "we are scheduling your interview" was on from August 10 til a couple days ago. It's exciting to get any update on my case, that's why I sound surprising. Another thing is it says that status update was in March but in reality the status was updated just now. I am just hoping I didn't miss the notice in mail and didn't throw it away with spam mail by chance.

When you are actually scheduled for an interview they will send you notice via the USPS. You won’t get anything in the mail until then. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, rulix said:

I've had the similiar experience like you.  My intial note online stated: September 6, 2017. Case is ready to be schedualed for an interview.  Then like you this summer it changed to :We are schedualing your interview. No need to do anything as we have a large volume of interviews to schedule.  Now similiar to you we recieved a notice this weeked online March 15, 2018 Case is ready to be schedualed for an interview.  So it's kinda confusing.  I want to remain positive, hopeful.  But I am being cautious as well.   I'm hoping that this does not mean that we have to wait for the interview for another year till next March 2019.  What a journey we are all on!

On 8/22/2018 at 10:56 PM, iJapanesey said:

Can you update your timeline?  Thanks. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
On 8/15/2018 at 6:10 PM, Diane and Chris said:

We filed June 5, 2017. Biometrics was July 11, 2017. We received “You are ready to be scheduled for interview” on June 19, 2018. On July 24, 2018, we received “Your interview has been scheduled.” Our interview is on August 28th in Atlanta!  Yours should be very soon. We have similar timelines. Good luck to you!  

That is great news!

Thank you :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

May 31, 2017, filler.

spoke with an attorney about the usics and processing times. 3 years ago it used to take 4 months to be called to interview. She said, because of Donald Trump more work, less staff. 

Also AP take 5 to 7 months to get a renewal. 

28 minutes ago, oguzksk said:

May 31, 2017, filler.

spoke with an attorney about the usics and processing times. 3 years ago it used to take 4 months to be called to interview. She said, because of Donald Trump more work, less staff. 

Also AP take 5 to 7 months to get a renewal. 

I don’t believe there is less staff and that it’s Trump’s fault. It’s because there is more scrutiny than previous administrations. That is the way it should be. It’s to keep America safe!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.