1,454 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Diane and Chris said:

Hi there. Did you end up sending in you EAD renewal?  Have you heard anything about EAD or an interview yet?  :rolleyes:  

We did about a month ago and received notice that they will use same biometric information. EAD expires in September. Hopefully they will approve it before but just in case the 797 notice of action states that C09 category automatically extends EAD 180 days. Here in Houston is taking up to 30 months. In the website status is stil on fingerprint fee was received but on https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov status is we are scheduling your interview at this moment you don’t need to do anything. 

7 minutes ago, JSWH said:

Sadly, yes, we are still waiting. Houston is arguably the slowest office in the nation now. My case status has stayed "ready to be scheduled for an interview" since September 2017. In 10 days, it's exactly a year since we sent our AOS application. Filed to renew EAD/AP and re-doing medical exam next week.

We filed June 5, 2017. So already over a year. What did you do about the EAD since it’s expired?  Will you apply for a new one?  Did you driver’s license expire as well because EAD is expired?  Like I said, we just got “ready to be scheduled for an interview” yesterday. Looks like a long, long wait. So, you’re doing the medical before you get an interview date?  Is there still a chance that you won’t be called in for an interview?  Thanks again for your info. :)

Edited by Diane and Chris

6 minutes ago, seal72 said:

We did about a month ago and received notice that they will use same biometric information. EAD expires in September. Hopefully they will approve it before but just in case the 797 notice of action states that C09 category automatically extends EAD 180 days. Here in Houston is taking up to 30 months. In the website status is stil on fingerprint fee was received but on https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov status is we are scheduling your interview at this moment you don’t need to do anything. 

When did you get the 797 notice?  Is this the original one?  Thanks.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Diane and Chris said:

We filed June 5, 2017. So already over a year. What did you do about the EAD since it’s expired?  Will you apply for a new one?  Did you driver’s license expire as well because EAD is expired?  Like I said, we just got “ready to be scheduled for an interview” yesterday. Looks like a long, long wait. So, you’re doing the medical before you get an interview date?  Is there still a chance that you won’t be called in for an interview?  Thanks again for your info. :)

I already applied for a new EAD and AP a month ago and received NOA with an extension of EAD

Last week I went to DPS office to renew my driver's license, was sent to a secondary verification (SAVE). I will try my luck again next week.

Regarding being called for an interview within next 10 days, that would have been awesome. But at this point, I do not believe it is feasible. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, Diane and Chris said:

When did you get the 797 notice?  Is this the original one?  Thanks.  

Not the original, once you send the renewal package you get a new 797 around 12 days later with EAD extension as long as you have a pending adjustment of status. Even though EAD is extended with that 797 notice, I tried renewing drivers license and they told me that it is valid only until original experation date. They can still approve it for another year as long as you use your passport and 797 from pending I 485. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 6/20/2018 at 6:00 PM, Diane and Chris said:

We will need to file for EAD renewal soon. Did you end up applying for renewal?  If so, what was the process like and did you hear back yet?  Thanks for the info. 

Yes, I did. I just followed the form's instructions. It's free, no need to send a check or moneyorder. I received an NOA that says it can be used as a proof of pending EAD and gives an extension for 6 months in case I don't receive a new card in time.

1 hour ago, rulix said:

Yes, I did. I just followed the form's instructions. It's free, no need to send a check or moneyorder. I received an NOA that says it can be used as a proof of pending EAD and gives an extension for 6 months in case I don't receive a new card in time.

Thanks for the answer. I noticed your original EAD would not expire until September. Is the 6 month extension good for 6 months after that or from the NOA date?  

14 minutes ago, 0310 said:

At this point I'm hoping our interview is scheduled until after mid March 2019, so that we can skip the removal of conditions B-)

How long have you been waiting?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/19/2018 at 9:31 PM, Diane and Chris said:

We received Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview today. At least something is happening. I wonder how long it will take. 

It can take up to a year or more depending where your office for interview is located. You can check your time range on the USCIS sight. It's a long ardous process that takes a lot of patience on the applicants part.

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline
On 5/25/2018 at 10:57 AM, OrlandoS said:

We finally got our interview notice today for June 26. Just FYI our online status never changed since “Fingerprint fee received”, so don’t stress if your online status is not updating...

How was your interview? Could you please share your experience.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
19 hours ago, Diane and Chris said:

Thanks for the answer. I noticed your original EAD would not expire until September. Is the 6 month extension good for 6 months after that or from the NOA date?  

6 months since the first EAD expiration date.

On 6/20/2018 at 10:10 PM, JSWH said:

I already applied for a new EAD and AP a month ago and received NOA with an extension of EAD

Last week I went to DPS office to renew my driver's license, was sent to a secondary verification (SAVE). I will try my luck again next week.

Regarding being called for an interview within next 10 days, that would have been awesome. But at this point, I do not believe it is feasible. 

How did it go at the DL office this week?  Were you able to renew?  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.