1,454 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, oguzksk said:

May 31, 2017, filler.

spoke with an attorney about the usics and processing times. 3 years ago it used to take 4 months to be called to interview. She said, because of Donald Trump more work, less staff. 

Also AP take 5 to 7 months to get a renewal. 

BTW, did you ever get your EAD and AP?  Your timeline doesn’t reflect that. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Diane and Chris said:

I don’t believe there is less staff and that it’s Trump’s fault. It’s because there is more scrutiny than previous administrations. That is the way it should be. It’s to keep America safe!  

Why don’t you start with bringing some gun laws to make America safe, so mass shooting wouldn’t happen again. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Little update from me. We got an app update today, RFE on its way :(

I have no idea what it could be about, but hopefully it is an easy fix and wont delay the process that much more. 

Timeline

Seriously RFE for what? It could be birth certificate medical or support affidavits... usually it is birth certificate but might be medical too. Don’t do the medical if it is required because k1 to aos not need to do it. 

Please let let us know what was the RFE for. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Z&M said:

Little update from me. We got an app update today, RFE on its way :(

I have no idea what it could be about, but hopefully it is an easy fix and wont delay the process that much more. 

I’m so sorry to hear that!  Hopefully it is something minor that can be fixed quickly. Best wishes to you and let us know how things go. :rolleyes:

Timeline

I need an advice. My wife is very very sick. We went to doctors but we can not get much help. They gave my wife one of the most strongest controlled substance painkiller. Once she takes it she is okay. But is she doesn’t take it she can not even walk. It might be fatty liver but they said no they can’t say anything. They keep giving controlled substance. However if she goes to turkey she will get a treatment next day. You don’t need insurance in Turkey. Also our insurance doesn’t cover everything in here. 

I haven spoken with senator and she emailed them about my case. The interesting part she did not ask any evidence. So if I get denied from expire I 131 can we apply again. 

Seing my suffering like like this is killing me everyday. I have never seen her this bad before. 

2 hours ago, oguzksk said:

I need an advice. My wife is very very sick. We went to doctors but we can not get much help. They gave my wife one of the most strongest controlled substance painkiller. Once she takes it she is okay. But is she doesn’t take it she can not even walk. It might be fatty liver but they said no they can’t say anything. They keep giving controlled substance. However if she goes to turkey she will get a treatment next day. You don’t need insurance in Turkey. Also our insurance doesn’t cover everything in here. 

I haven spoken with senator and she emailed them about my case. The interesting part she did not ask any evidence. So if I get denied from expire I 131 can we apply again. 

Seing my suffering like like this is killing me everyday. I have never seen her this bad before. 

I really don’t know what you’re asking. Are you currently in US?  Do you have your green card already?  What do you want to do?  Take her to Turkey?  Who is the USC here?  Can you update your timeline?  We want to help, but are limited in what we can do since you are so vague. 

Timeline

RFE Update. 

If was for 2017 tax returns. Which were not ready when we filed in 2017. I guess there would have been no RFE if USCIS didn't take so long ;)

At least it was a minor thing and easy to fix.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, oguzksk said:

Did anybody had same issues? RFE for tax returns for 2017. Never heard that before.

It did happen - to those that filed in the earlier parts of the year like Jan-March 2017
They had to submit 2016 returns. But those REF's were almost immediate.

Strange that a June filer gets an RFE NOW, almost a year later for last year's return.
But I mean- this could mean your interview is happening soon. It's been a while since application was submitted- they probably want proof that income is still sufficient.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We finally got our interview notice!!!  Interview scheduled for October 3rd.  

Click here for K1:

Spoiler

11/19/2016                 Mailed I-129F packet
11/21/2016                 NOA1 received date
11/25/2016                 Date on NOA1 hard copy
11/28/2016                 NOA1 arrived in the mail
02/16/2017                 NOA2 (USCIS website and Case Tracker app)
02/21/2017                 NOA2 arrived in the mail
03/08/2017                 Case arrived at the NVC
03/09/2017                 NVC assigned case number
03/13/2017                 Case left the NVC
03/17/2017                 Case arrived in Montreal; status updated to "Ready"
03/17/2017                 Submitted DS-160
03/18/2017                 E-mailed Packet 3 to Montreal
03/20/2017                 Received Packet 4
04/26/2017                 Visa interview in Montreal - Approved!!!
04/27/2017                 CEAC status changed from "Administrative Processing" to "Visa Issued".
04/28/2017                 Visa arrived
05/29/2017                 POE Toronto (Pre-Clearance)/Minneapolis
06/01/2017                 Legal marriage
07/29/2017                 Wedding ceremony with family and friends

Marriage-Based Adjustment of Status:

06/16/2017                 Mailed AOS packet to Chicago lockbox

06/19/2017                 Chicago lockbox received

07/03/2017                 Notification texts & e-mails

07/12/2017                 NOA hard copies arrived in the mail

07/25/2017                 Biometrics letter arrived

08/02/2017                 Biometrics appointment

11/06/2017                 EAD and AP approval notice arrived in the mail

11/08/2017                 EAD card arrived (145 days after we sent our AOS packet)

03/15/2018                 Status changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview"

07/21/2018                 Submitted paperwork to renew EAD/AP

09/01/2018                 Interview notice arrived in the mail

10/03/2018                 AOS interview (474 days after we mailed our paperwork)

11/08/2018                 InfoPass appointment to inquire about green card.  Learned that our file had been moved to the
                                       storage room for approved cases, but had not been marked "approved" in the computer system.

11/16/2018                 Online case status changed to "approved" (44 days after AOS interview)

11/21/2018                 Green card was mailed

11/24/2018                 Green card arrived!!!!!  (526 days after applying for AOS)

On 9/4/2018 at 8:12 PM, Z&M said:

RFE Update. 

If was for 2017 tax returns. Which were not ready when we filed in 2017. I guess there would have been no RFE if USCIS didn't take so long ;)

At least it was a minor thing and easy to fix.

Great!  I’m glad it was something so simple. Once you get that back to them, you should hear about your interview date very soon. Be sure to follow the instructions exactly when responding to your RFE and include a copy of the RFE with the evidence. Good luck!  

37 minutes ago, MapleLeaf29 said:

We finally got our interview notice!!!  Interview scheduled for October 3rd.  

Yippee!  Good for you!  We had ours last Tuesday, August 28th and got our approval on Wednesday, September 5th. It took us 15 months to the day from filing to approval!  We have similar timelines. Best of luck to you two. Keep in touch!  

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Diane and Chris said:

Great!  I’m glad it was something so simple. Once you get that back to them, you should hear about your interview date very soon. Be sure to follow the instructions exactly when responding to your RFE and include a copy of the RFE with the evidence. Good luck!  

Me too! Hoping it will move fast from now on :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.