1,454 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
39 minutes ago, gaby08 said:

I'm in Houston and filed for parents on June 24th, 2017. I checked the case status this morning and indeed it was just updated "On November 15, 2018, we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status" --glad to see things moving along. 

Awesome.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I received the txt notification of interview scheduled 9 days ago but I haven’t received letter as of today, nothing on informed delivery for today. I just called USCIS and an agent told me I would have to wait about a month so they can do something about it. By then we would probably miss the interview. She said that no information is available at this time. What can I do if letter is lost? How long does usually take for it to arrive?

4 hours ago, seal72 said:

I received the txt notification of interview scheduled 9 days ago but I haven’t received letter as of today, nothing on informed delivery for today. I just called USCIS and an agent told me I would have to wait about a month so they can do something about it. By then we would probably miss the interview. She said that no information is available at this time. What can I do if letter is lost? How long does usually take for it to arrive?

Give it a few more days. There was a holiday in there so that could be part of the delay. 

Timeline

We moved about 6 months ago, we both did change of address on I130 and I485, received confirmation, both letters and on the website history it shows that the change of address was completed. They sent this interview letter to our old address even though we did all this changes. Thank god that usps mail forwarding is still active after 6 months. I haven’t received it yet but I can see it on informed delivery for monday.

57 minutes ago, seal72 said:

We moved about 6 months ago, we both did change of address on I130 and I485, received confirmation, both letters and on the website history it shows that the change of address was completed. They sent this interview letter to our old address even though we did all this changes. Thank god that usps mail forwarding is still active after 6 months. I haven’t received it yet but I can see it on informed delivery for monday.

Wow!  You guys are lucky you got this!  Congratulations! 🎈🎉 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

We're in Houston and just got the interview letter yesterday - scheduled for 12/20.  Finally!  But wow! that's a huge list of documents they say to bring, most of which were needed for the initial filing.  And what about the medical?  That is now coming up on 2 years old.  Need to do it again?

2016/09/01 - I-129f mailed

2016/11/07 - NVC sent to consulate in Chile

2016/12/01 - K-1 Packet received

2017/01/13 - K-1 Interview - approved

2017/06/19 - AOS filed

2017/08/21 - AOS Biometrics

2018/12/20 - AOS Interview

Timeline
3 hours ago, SteveCinHou said:

We're in Houston and just got the interview letter yesterday - scheduled for 12/20.  Finally!  But wow! that's a huge list of documents they say to bring, most of which were needed for the initial filing.  And what about the medical?  That is now coming up on 2 years old.  Need to do it again?

What is your PD? I looked at few interview letters and they look all standard. It has a lot more to bring if marriage based (they vary based on marriage life). Others are standard like Birth Certificate, I-94, Passports, etc. Your old I-693 was good for 1 year and the new is good for two years and also the TB test is blood work now. I saw a doctor doing it for $225. That’s the cheapest I’ve seen in Houston.

Can you please post your interview letter here?

Edited by Visitor User

On 11/18/2018 at 10:00 AM, seal72 said:

Did you get your letter?  

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Does anyone here still have a pending case? My PD is June 30, 2017. Last update on I485 is 'Response to USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received' and I-130 is just 'Case Was Received.' I submitted SR that case is outside processing time on August 2018. USCIS told me that my case is scheduled for an interview and Field Office will contact me in 90 days. I called USCIS again after 91 days and told me to wait for another 30 days. Also I just submitted an SR again. This time is for I-765 (PD June 1, 2018). Although I have 180 days EAD extension, I can’t renew my driving license. My work requires me to operate a vehicle and do work outside my office. Is this a good reason to expedite EAD?

Edited by asprila94

Timeline

We had our interview yesterday. We arrived 30 mins before. IO review all information on I485 with each one of us and ask us some questions about how we met, etc. Reviewed evidence and photos. IO gave us a letter that our interview was completed and they have to review it. It lasted about 30-40 mins. IO was very professional. About 4 hours later we received 2 TXT messages at the same time, the first one I 130 Petition for alien relative was completed and your case must be reviewed. The second one I 485, We ordered your new card and we will mail to the address you gave us. Not sure why I 130 hasn't been approved before the GC is being produced.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Timeline

My PD was June/2017

Had my interview on January 14th, got my resident permit on the 20th.

Went to Social Security office yesterday to update my status, they told me uscis has not update my status. I called Uscis, no help.

On a k1 visa, after getting your permanent resident, how long does it take to update your status

Timeline
1 hour ago, Beciee said:

My PD was June/2017

Had my interview on January 14th, got my resident permit on the 20th.

Went to Social Security office yesterday to update my status, they told me uscis has not update my status. I called Uscis, no help.

On a k1 visa, after getting your permanent resident, how long does it take to update your status

Houston FO?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.