Penguin_ie

German people...rührt euch!!

2,993 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hallo ihr Alle,

Ich habe es seit Monaten endlich mal wieder geschafft hier vorbeizuschauen. Ich druecke allen K1's die Daumen dass es bald endlich weiter geht. Momentan scheinen nur spouse visas bearbeitet zu werden. Meine Citizenship application ist natuerlich auch on hold und das interview in den USA vermutlich in weiter ferne :(

Passenderweise hat der Trump spouse visas fuer Ehepartner von Permanent Residents bis mindestens Ende des Jahres gebannt. Ich warte also auf mein verspaetes Interview und Oath, damit mein Mann dann endlich aus dem Bann rauskommt und in eine Kategorie rutscht die das Interview erlaubt. Ich habe die Distanz nicht ausgehalten und bin nun seit fast 2.5 monaten bei meinem Mann in Bagdad, aber da ich ja als Permanent Resident (und fuer die Staatsbuergerschaft) ne bestimmte "Anwesenheitspflicht" habe, muss ich demnaechst wieder nach Hause fliegen und habe keine Ahnung wie lange wir dann noch warten muessen. Traurige Situation...

@nerdcouple ja, du musst als Freelancer alle 3 Monate Steuern zahlen. Die Daten sind festgesetzt fuer jedes Quartal, und ich glaube IRS kann sogar penalties geben wenn du zu spaet zahlst. Als ich Freelancer war, hat mein Tax Accountant mir die Betraege fuer State und Federal berechnet und mir die payslips (1040-ES und was auch immer das Form fuer den Staat war) gegeben, von daher weiss ich nicht ganz genau wie man das berechnet. Fuer IRS wuerde ich mal hier gucken https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/self-employed-individuals-tax-center

oder einfach mal googlen (das hier sieht auch hilfreich aus: https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/self-employment-taxes/myths-about-quarterly-taxes-for-the-1099-tax-form/L46qZt376)

Fuer State tax, das ist vermutlich unterschiedlich fuer jeden Staat, einfach mal quarterly tax payment in deinem Staat nachschlagen. Ich will dir da keine falsche Info geben :)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Ich bin sooo froh darüber. Mein Verlobter kommt in 2 Wochen! 💗 Wir haben uns viel zu lang nicht gesehen!

https://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/faqs/DE/themen/bevoelkerungsschutz/coronavirus/coronavirus-faqs.html#doc13738352bodyText2

Punkt 3: Einreisebeschraenkungen

Guckt euch das genau an ob das fuer euch zutrifft ( der auslaendische Partner muss schon mal in DE gewesen sein und das durch Passstempel o.ä. nachweisen und ein Formular ausfuellen) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
6 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

https://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/faqs/DE/themen/bevoelkerungsschutz/coronavirus/coronavirus-faqs.html#doc13738352bodyText2

Point 3: Entry restrictions

Take a close look at whether this applies to you (the foreign partner must have already been to DE and prove this by means of passport stamps or similar and fill out a form) 

True.... It is not for first timers 

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/17/2020 at 1:06 PM, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Can someone please give me an idea what the K1 residency history Form looks like?... Searched online could not find anything... Thank you in advance 

I just joined this group and thankfully theres at least some english here 😅 I see you’ve asked for this residency form did you need it as proof for your other half residing in Germany and for you to be able to travel? Basically proof of residency for allowance of entry. Or is that for something else? 

1 hour ago, MB19 said:

I just joined this group and thankfully theres at least some english here 😅 I see you’ve asked for this residency form did you need it as proof for your other half residing in Germany and for you to be able to travel? Basically proof of residency for allowance of entry. Or is that for something else? 

No the embassy asks about it for the interview. It's about the visa applicant 

Timeline
4 hours ago, MB19 said:

I just joined this group and thankfully theres at least some english here 😅 I see you've asked for this residency form did you need it as proof for your other half residing in Germany and for you to be able to travel? Basically proof of residency for allowance of entry. Or is that for something else? 

Hey there actually 85% of Germans speak English... But they just prefer to speak German amongst themselves. As @Letspaintcookiesalready stated.. It's for visa application, in this case for my fiance in Germany.. We were trying to be proactive.

If you asking about evidence to show established relationship so you can visit your fiance in Germany... You need an invitation letter (can send you the link to download and fill it)  evidence that you have met in Germany or have lived elsewhere together.. These includes boarding passes(i never knew why boarding passes are important until we started this immigration process) photos of both of you together. 

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Hey there actually 85% of Germans speak English... But they just prefer to speak German amongst themselves. As @Letspaintcookiesalready stated.. It's for visa application, in this case for my fiance in Germany.. We were trying to be proactive.

If you asking about evidence to show established relationship so you can visit your fiance in Germany... You need an invitation letter (can send you the link to download and fill it)  evidence that you have met in Germany or have lived elsewhere together.. These includes boarding passes(i never knew why boarding passes are important until we started this immigration process) photos of both of you together. 

3 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

No the embassy asks about it for the interview. It's about the visa applicant 

Thank you both! I’m not at that step yet that’s why, but every detail and info comes in handy and is very helpful. Appreciate it! What is the link for this so called “invitation letter”? @Sparkle Sparkle

6 hours ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Hey there actually 85% of Germans speak English... But they just prefer to speak German amongst themselves. 

Well yea, why should I talk in a different language when I'm among people who speak the same language? That wouldn't make sense 😂

Timeline
11 hours ago, MB19 said:

Thank you both! I'm not at that step yet that's why, but every detail and info comes in handy and is very helpful. Appreciate it! What is the link for this so called “invitation letter”?@Sparkle Sparkle

There you go...enjoy! :https://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/downloads/EN/news/declaration-existence-relationship.pdf?__blob=publicationFile&v=2

Timeline
5 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Well yea, why should I talk in a different language when I'm among people who speak the same language? That wouldn't make sense😂

Perfectly understood...been to Germany alot of times...great people

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
1 hour ago, omega6 said:

Oh Leute, schaut mal her!!! 🤩 
Abwarten was das bringt aber wooooooow!’

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/important-notice-for-k-visa-applicants-affected-by-covid-19.html

Es ist eine gute Nachricht, da sie direkt über K1 gesprochen haben. Aber Schengen-Länder sind noch unter PPCOV-Verbot bis zum 31. Dezember.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.