DGTB

Washington, DC Field Office Filers

1,041 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, persiankitten said:

Gutted to see so many cases with interviews after us and ceremony dates immediately after. Called USCIS again and they were useless as ever. 

What was your application date and what were the dates of those who already had their interviews.

I submitted my application first of May and have not received biometrics appointment.

9 minutes ago, Zaidba said:

What was your application date and what were the dates of those who already had their interviews.

I submitted my application first of May and have not received biometrics appointment.

Application date was August 2019. Interview was in March 2020. Approval status updated in May 2020.

I was looking at the doc here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mQHkjr1OwLsww4KiPyzX2DJGBYf4shJtyVuC8SMNIhg/edit#gid=0

On 11/12/2020 at 10:01 AM, persiankitten said:

Gutted to see so many cases with interviews after us and ceremony dates immediately after. Called USCIS again and they were useless as ever. 

This much delay is not normal. 

I'm thinking maybe you have another pending application that caused the delay? Before oath, all uscis applications should be completed. 

I filled on Jan 10 and have the interview on Nov 30. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

Has anyone recently received biometric or interview from Fairfax office?

I applied March 26, 2020   for N-400  and no update since...  I have called once to Uscis.. that wasn't  helpful  - they just said that everything is ok with the case and  just wait.. 

Do you think its just Fairfax office slow like that? Because i can see that other offices has way better movement...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
6 hours ago, tripleee said:

Hi everyone.

Has anyone recently received biometric or interview from Fairfax office?

I applied March 26, 2020   for N-400  and no update since...  I have called once to Uscis.. that wasn't  helpful  - they just said that everything is ok with the case and  just wait.. 

Do you think its just Fairfax office slow like that? Because i can see that other offices has way better movement...

They don't do biometrics at the Fairfax office. Are you still waiting for biometrics? I would check the forum and see if they are even doing that right now considering the risks of having people take off their masks for photos as well as touching screens for finger printing. 

3 hours ago, Unidentified said:

They don't do biometrics at the Fairfax office. Are you still waiting for biometrics? I would check the forum and see if they are even doing that right now considering the risks of having people take off their masks for photos as well as touching screens for finger printing. 

nope... no biometric yet... and it's very frustrating consider the fact that other offices (cities)  with the same processing time way faster that Fairfax ((

On 11/23/2020 at 9:00 PM, tripleee said:

nope... no biometric yet... and it's very frustrating consider the fact that other offices (cities)  with the same processing time way faster that Fairfax ((

Similar story here as well. Submitted around the same time as you and still waiting on biometric etc. All we have gotten is the receipt letter from the beginning when we filed.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Progress.  We just saw the electronic notice that our interview has been scheduled for January 8th in Fairfax.  I've seen that Fairfax sometimes does same-day oath ceremonies.  Any idea how common that is?

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

17 hours ago, AstroCanada said:

Progress.  We just saw the electronic notice that our interview has been scheduled for January 8th in Fairfax.  I've seen that Fairfax sometimes does same-day oath ceremonies.  Any idea how common that is?

I had my same day Oath. Before my interview I received an email and part of it stated "Please note that if you pass all portions of your examination, we will make every effort to administer the 
Oath of Allegiance to you on the day of or the day following your interview. In rare instances, your case 
may be scheduled for a future ceremony" 

Hope this helps. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 12/6/2020 at 6:28 PM, Saul Goodman said:

This might be an odd question, but i want to ask since i have no idea of the current backlog. For those who had their oath and applied for their passports, how long did it take you to receive them?  

Passport takes about 8-10 weeks. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, tripleee said:

I wonder if anyone still waiting for biometric or interview- applicants    who filed March or April ??

Its been more then 8 month without any notice ... 

It looks like Fairfax VA office one of the slowest in whole USA (((

You're on schedule. February filers just got interviews scheduled.  Check the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mQHkjr1OwLsww4KiPyzX2DJGBYf4shJtyVuC8SMNIhg/edit#gid=0

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.