DGTB

Washington, DC Field Office Filers

1,041 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

Silent reader for long, but wanted to share my journey:

(initially on H1/H4 -> green card) applied employment based 5yr rule  / Washington DC field office / applied online - here are some dates:

Applied: February 15 week, 2021
Interview: November 15 week, 2021

Scheduled Oath ceremony: November 29 week, 2021

It took some time for oath ceremony to get scheduled after interview - the lady said approved at end of interview, but status took some time to update. 

Edited by S K

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

Hi everybody! 

I was also a silent reader for a long time, now finally at the end (I hope). I had my combo interview (i751 and N400) on Tuesday, was recommended for approval for N400, but they had to wait to approve i751. 

This is my current status: 

On January 19, 2022, we approved your Form I-751

And for n400

Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

Does this mean it was approved or does it still needs to be approved by the supervisor (n400) and only then will they send out the date for the naturalization? The officer in Fairfax told me they have ceremonies there now for DC residents. 

Congratulations!  You’re almost done.  “Oath will be scheduled” usually means you’re in line for your oath, and your N400 has been approved.  Keep checking your USCIS account (if you have one) as the oath letter will also show up as a PDF.  As soon as they fill a spot with you, you will be notified, and your status will change to “oath scheduled” or something along those lines.  

I am a VA resident, so I can’t speak to the DC resident remark, but what I can say is that back in November, they still didn’t let anybody else in.  Sadly, your friends and family, should you plan to bring them, will need to wait outside (I can’t imagine that this requirement has changed). 

I’m wishing you best of luck for quick scheduling! 

ROC: 

12/30/2019 package sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS 

12/31/2019 package arrived at Texas Lockbox 

01/02/2020 package signed for

01/04/2020 $680 charged on credit card

01/06/2020 text message and email with case number received

01/09/2020 extension letter received; notice date: 01/03/2020

02/22/2020 biometrics appointment letter received 

03/06/2020 biometrics appointment 

08/09/2021 I-751 approved

08/16/2021 Green Card received

Naturalization:

12/29/2020 application filed online and receipt number received 

01/04/2021 hard copy NOA1 received 

02/27/2021 electronic biometric reuse letter received

09/19/2021 interview scheduled - electronic notice received 

09/27/2021 hard copy interview notice received (issue date: 09/21/2021)

10/27/2021 interview (10.40am), approved

11/06/2021 oath ceremony (7.30am) 

I AM A U.S. CITIZEN!!!!! 

Passport:

11/08/2021 appointment at USPS (2.00pm)

11/16/2021 money order cashed, passport “in process” (locator 69)

12/02/2021 approved and shipped

12/04/2021 passport book delivered

12/13/2021 passport card and NC delivered 

Timeline
3 hours ago, CMJuilland said:

Congratulations!  You’re almost done.  “Oath will be scheduled” usually means you’re in line for your oath, and your N400 has been approved.  Keep checking your USCIS account (if you have one) as the oath letter will also show up as a PDF.  As soon as they fill a spot with you, you will be notified, and your status will change to “oath scheduled” or something along those lines.  

I am a VA resident, so I can’t speak to the DC resident remark, but what I can say is that back in November, they still didn’t let anybody else in.  Sadly, your friends and family, should you plan to bring them, will need to wait outside (I can’t imagine that this requirement has changed). 

I’m wishing you best of luck for quick scheduling! 

Thank you! I sure hope so, I am a bit paranoid after years of dealing with USCIS. It ain't over until it is over! :D 

Timeline
On 12/4/2021 at 5:29 PM, S K said:

Hi all, 

Silent reader for long, but wanted to share my journey:

(initially on H1/H4 -> green card) applied employment based 5yr rule  / Washington DC field office / applied online - here are some dates:

Applied: February 15 week, 2021
Interview: November 15 week, 2021

Scheduled Oath ceremony: November 29 week, 2021

It took some time for oath ceremony to get scheduled after interview - the lady said approved at end of interview, but status took some time to update. 

Was your oath in DC or USCIS Fairfax offices?

Timeline
On 12/3/2021 at 11:14 PM, Ghm said:

Hello DC filers.. did anybody who filed in July 2021 got their interview scheduled? From the above posts, looks like they have processed April 2021 now. My estimated timeline is still showing 10 months. So can i expect the process to be completed in next couple of months then?.. fingers crossed

I filed in May, just had my interview. 

Hi, December 2020 filer here.

I've been waiting for my name change oath ceremony for 90 days now, and as far as I'm concerned the judicial oath is supposed to take place through the Alexandria district court.

I communicated with both the USCIS reps and the court employees, but they were of no help in figuring out whether I'll be naturalized soon enough or not.

Any tips or experiences from you guys that can hopefully help me out with this frustrating situation? My GC is expiring tomorrow and I have to start applying to jobs requiring citizenship soon (considering my field of study), and USCIS' delay is really messing things up for me. Thank you all!

Timeline
3 hours ago, itsthedy said:

Hi, December 2020 filer here.

I've been waiting for my name change oath ceremony for 90 days now, and as far as I'm concerned the judicial oath is supposed to take place through the Alexandria district court.

I communicated with both the USCIS reps and the court employees, but they were of no help in figuring out whether I'll be naturalized soon enough or not.

Any tips or experiences from you guys that can hopefully help me out with this frustrating situation? My GC is expiring tomorrow and I have to start applying to jobs requiring citizenship soon (considering my field of study), and USCIS' delay is really messing things up for me. Thank you all!

When was your interview? I think after 120 days you can file a lawsuit? Thats what I read but I am not sure if that is correct. 

Timeline
44 minutes ago, itsthedy said:

My interview was Oct 19th last year!

I am so sorry, that is crazy. Did you try to speak with the person who interviewed you? 

Timeline
14 hours ago, itsthedy said:

I couldn't when I called the usual USCIS number -- is there a way to get straight to the interviewer? I'd love to know.

I did not try it myself (yet), but I read someone here scheduled and Infopass at the office and then asked to speak to the interviewer. Not sure if it works always, maybe this person was just lucky. 

17 minutes ago, DCfan said:

I did not try it myself (yet), but I read someone here scheduled and Infopass at the office and then asked to speak to the interviewer. Not sure if it works always, maybe this person was just lucky. 

Thanks @DCfan, I'll try to request that via phone tomorrow morning and see what happens. I'm just perplexed as to why things are taking so long when name change ceremonies are not even taking place in person -- according to the court clerk they are conducted over Zoom in 10 batches of 10 people (so a hundred people) twice a month.

Timeline
On 1/23/2022 at 2:40 PM, itsthedy said:

Thanks @DCfan, I'll try to request that via phone tomorrow morning and see what happens. I'm just perplexed as to why things are taking so long when name change ceremonies are not even taking place in person -- according to the court clerk they are conducted over Zoom in 10 batches of 10 people (so a hundred people) twice a month.

Yeah I would try to get some answers. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.