DGTB

Washington, DC Field Office Filers

1,041 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Still waiting on some progress but nothing yet. 
Applied on April, 28 2020 online in Nova.

No biometrics appointment scheduled.

Estimated completion time: January 2021. 

Since I didn’t get biometrics done yet, I doubt this date is accurate but one can always hope :)

Anyone else applied around the same date?

Timeline
On 12/21/2020 at 7:22 AM, Zaidba said:

Yes, first of May and nothing yet. Actually, I have not seen any N400 applicant in NOVA who had got biometrics appointment in the last 8 months!

Yeah, that’s what I’ve been seeing too. 
I thought they would maybe reuse biometrics since we are so far behind but maybe not 🤷🏻‍♀️

16 hours ago, Johnlewis said:

A few questions to those still waiting

1) Has anybody gotten a biometrics appointment or notice of reuse since COVID?

2) has anybody gotten an interview notice without their biometrics?

1) Have not seen anybody receiving biometrics appointment in Fairfax since March. There are few people posting in this thread, so we cannot really make a conclusion. I applied beginning of May and nothing yet.

2) Have not seen anybody having an interview without biometrics in any forum, but many having interview after they are notified of the reuse of old biometrics.

Timeline

I just heard from someone who applied at the end of April 2020 that they were scheduled for biometrics at the end of January 2021.
Finally things seem to move!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2020 at 10:01 AM, persiankitten said:

Gutted to see so many cases with interviews after us and ceremony dates immediately after. Called USCIS again and they were useless as ever. 

Hi Persiankitten,

Same situation here, May 2019 combo filer, interview was July 2020, approval was Nov 2020, since then I am placed in line!

Any updates on your case?

6 hours ago, BadRobot said:

Hi Persiankitten,

Same situation here, May 2019 combo filer, interview was July 2020, approval was Nov 2020, since then I am placed in line!

Any updates on your case?

Unfortunately, there has been no changes despite contacts with local congresswoman who reached out on our behalf. Been waiting on ceremony to be scheduled since Spring of 2020! Calls to USCIS proved futile, especially since it seems impossible now getting an actual person on the line. We just gave up. 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Got done with my interview in Fairfax early this week after close to 1 year wait since applying. My interview was done pretty quick in 20 minutes or so. IO was professional and friendly. They were prepared i.e. already reviewed my application before calling upon me. 

6 question + Reading + Writing + Yes/No question and the interview was over. Applied under 5 year rule and my case was straight forward. 

They have decent social distancing measures and temperature check. Be prepared to wait at least 30 minutes though past your interview time. You have to go through an airport like security.

They take your cell phone number if you carry you cell phone with you and they ask you to keep it on while you wait so IO can call your phone to bring you to their office. In my case the IO simply came to my waiting area and called my name.

Interview is also done in a virtual manner to maintain social distancing. They put you in a room with an Ipad running virtual conference software and a printer. IO goes in their office and conduct the interview. 

Happy that this journey is coming to an end after 15+ years. Oh wait, oath ceremony and passport application + SSA office visit still to go. 

Good luck all. 

21 minutes ago, JrGoldMiner said:

Got done with my interview in Fairfax early this week after close to 1 year wait since applying. My interview was done pretty quick in 20 minutes or so. IO was professional and friendly. They were prepared i.e. already reviewed my application before calling upon me. 

6 question + Reading + Writing + Yes/No question and the interview was over. Applied under 5 year rule and my case was straight forward. 

They have decent social distancing measures and temperature check. Be prepared to wait at least 30 minutes though past your interview time. You have to go through an airport like security.

They take your cell phone number if you carry you cell phone with you and they ask you to keep it on while you wait so IO can call your phone to bring you to their office. In my case the IO simply came to my waiting area and called my name.

Interview is also done in a virtual manner to maintain social distancing. They put you in a room with an Ipad running virtual conference software and a printer. IO goes in their office and conduct the interview. 

Happy that this journey is coming to an end after 15+ years. Oh wait, oath ceremony and passport application + SSA office visit still to go. 

Good luck all. 

Congrats!

Did they schedule your oath during right after the interview? I just had mine yesterday but no oath scheduled yet.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
2 minutes ago, rondilivise said:

Congrats!

Did they schedule your oath during right after the interview? I just had mine yesterday but no oath scheduled yet.

Thanks and yes they did after the interview. I added the date on my profile and the google doc that's being used to track. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.