DGTB

Washington, DC Field Office Filers

1,041 posts in this topic

On 12/20/2020 at 2:12 PM, Mimimi2 said:

Still waiting on some progress but nothing yet. 
Applied on April, 28 2020 online in Nova.

No biometrics appointment scheduled.

Estimated completion time: January 2021. 

Since I didn’t get biometrics done yet, I doubt this date is accurate but one can always hope :)

Anyone else applied around the same date?

On 12/21/2020 at 7:22 AM, Zaidba said:

Yes, first of May and nothing yet. Actually, I have not seen any N400 applicant in NOVA who had got biometrics appointment in the last 8 months!

On 12/30/2020 at 3:21 PM, Johnlewis said:

A few questions to those still waiting

1) Has anybody gotten a biometrics appointment or notice of reuse since COVID?

2) has anybody gotten an interview notice without their biometrics?

My husband applied for ROC on April 29, 2019 and had biometrics taken June 4, 2019. Case status has been at "interview ready to be scheduled" since May 13, 2020. We are STILL waiting and have an appointment at the Fairfax ASC in a week to get the I-551 stamp (extension) in his passport. 600+ days so far.....

We concurrently filed his N-400 on May 18, 2020 and have received nothing since the initial NOA. No biometrics or other updates. 

We contacted Congresswoman Norton's office for help and she sent us the standard boilerplate response from USCIS: ROC is taking anywhere from 18-39 months (!!) and cases are being processed in order of receipt. That is complete BS, as we filed far earlier than others in the DMV who have already had ROC approved and have interviews scheduled for N-400. 

I'm mollified somewhat to read that others are in a similar situation (no biometrics, no updates, etc.) but it's still so frustrating. Doing everything properly and having to wait so long for job opportunities and other benefits of citizenship, especially here in DC. 

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

[Day 000] May 18, 2020: Naturalization package accepted by USCIS

[Day 268] February 10, 2021: Interview scheduled

[Day 305 ] March 19, 2021: Approved!

[Day 309 ] March 23, 2021: Oath ceremony

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] April 29, 2019: ROC package accepted by USCIS

[Day 036] June 4, 2019: Biometrics taken at USCIS center in VA

[Day 330] March 24, 2020: Case transferred to NBC to ease case backlog at EAC

[Day 380 ] May 13, 2020: Online status updated to "interview ready to be scheduled" 

[Day 690] March 19, 2021: Approved during combo interview

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] March 8, 2016: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package to Chicago lockbox

[Day 035] April 12, 2016: Biometrics appointment

[Day 052] April 29, 2016: Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail

[Day 412] April 25, 2017: EAD/AP renewal documents approved; received card in hand first week of May

[Day 470] June 22, 2017: Received RFE for five items with 84 days to respond 

[Day 477] June 29, 2017: Second medical due to the case pending for more than one year 

[Day 505]: July 27, 2017: GREEN CARD APPLICATION WAS APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!!!

[Day 554]: September 14, 2017: Green card arrived in the mail and brought our 18-month AOS journey to an end

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Fall 2005: Met as students at university

July 2015: Got engaged

September 12, 2015: Mailed K-1 Visa Petition to Lewisville Lockbox

September 16, 2015: NOA1 Received (Electronic Notice)

October 2, 2015: NOA2 (Electronic Notice)

October 23, 2015: Approved I-129F Received by NVC and Assigned Case Number

October 29, 2015: Petition documents arrived at AIT in Taipei

November 2, 2015: Received Packet 3 from AIT via email

November 10, 2015: Medical appointment

November 23, 2015: Visa interview

November 27, 2015: VISA APPROVED!!

February 1, 2016: POE in Minneapolis

February 6, 2016: Married!

On 1/17/2021 at 11:39 AM, Linyahui said:

My husband applied for ROC on April 29, 2019 and had biometrics taken June 4, 2019. Case status has been at "interview ready to be scheduled" since May 13, 2020. We are STILL waiting and have an appointment at the Fairfax ASC in a week to get the I-551 stamp (extension) in his passport. 600+ days so far.....

We concurrently filed his N-400 on May 18, 2020 and have received nothing since the initial NOA. No biometrics or other updates. 

We contacted Congresswoman Norton's office for help and she sent us the standard boilerplate response from USCIS: ROC is taking anywhere from 18-39 months (!!) and cases are being processed in order of receipt. That is complete BS, as we filed far earlier than others in the DMV who have already had ROC approved and have interviews scheduled for N-400. 

I'm mollified somewhat to read that others are in a similar situation (no biometrics, no updates, etc.) but it's still so frustrating. Doing everything properly and having to wait so long for job opportunities and other benefits of citizenship, especially here in DC. 

We applied in August 2019 and have been waiting for the oath ceremony to be scheduled. The oath ceremony. Literally the last step in this process. The thing that somehow others have been getting a week after just taking their interviews. We also contacted our congresswomen with no luck. 

112893581_ScreenShot2021-01-18at5_34_46PM.thumb.png.2422441bdc85db2bfcfeda0a5af4b66f.png

21 hours ago, persiankitten said:

We applied in August 2019 and have been waiting for the oath ceremony to be scheduled. The oath ceremony. Literally the last step in this process. The thing that somehow others have been getting a week after just taking their interviews. We also contacted our congresswomen with no luck. 

112893581_ScreenShot2021-01-18at5_34_46PM.thumb.png.2422441bdc85db2bfcfeda0a5af4b66f.png

I don't even know what to say...

USCIS. Sigh. Hang in there!

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

[Day 000] May 18, 2020: Naturalization package accepted by USCIS

[Day 268] February 10, 2021: Interview scheduled

[Day 305 ] March 19, 2021: Approved!

[Day 309 ] March 23, 2021: Oath ceremony

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] April 29, 2019: ROC package accepted by USCIS

[Day 036] June 4, 2019: Biometrics taken at USCIS center in VA

[Day 330] March 24, 2020: Case transferred to NBC to ease case backlog at EAC

[Day 380 ] May 13, 2020: Online status updated to "interview ready to be scheduled" 

[Day 690] March 19, 2021: Approved during combo interview

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] March 8, 2016: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package to Chicago lockbox

[Day 035] April 12, 2016: Biometrics appointment

[Day 052] April 29, 2016: Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail

[Day 412] April 25, 2017: EAD/AP renewal documents approved; received card in hand first week of May

[Day 470] June 22, 2017: Received RFE for five items with 84 days to respond 

[Day 477] June 29, 2017: Second medical due to the case pending for more than one year 

[Day 505]: July 27, 2017: GREEN CARD APPLICATION WAS APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!!!

[Day 554]: September 14, 2017: Green card arrived in the mail and brought our 18-month AOS journey to an end

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Fall 2005: Met as students at university

July 2015: Got engaged

September 12, 2015: Mailed K-1 Visa Petition to Lewisville Lockbox

September 16, 2015: NOA1 Received (Electronic Notice)

October 2, 2015: NOA2 (Electronic Notice)

October 23, 2015: Approved I-129F Received by NVC and Assigned Case Number

October 29, 2015: Petition documents arrived at AIT in Taipei

November 2, 2015: Received Packet 3 from AIT via email

November 10, 2015: Medical appointment

November 23, 2015: Visa interview

November 27, 2015: VISA APPROVED!!

February 1, 2016: POE in Minneapolis

February 6, 2016: Married!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 1/15/2021 at 6:27 PM, JHFGNDVQ said:

Does anyone know if you can get a certified copy (or multiple copies) of your citizenship certificate right at the oath ceremony? As I understand, you can send a certified copy when applying for a passport, which seems much safer than sending the original document and hoping it won't be lost somewhere.

As far as I know u have to send the original and a copy to the passport office.That's how I did mine.as for multiple copy at the ceremony  I doubt it.You only get one but can always apply for another which is a bit time consuming 

• 2 weeks later...

Had my oath ceremony today — the journey is finally over! I added my dates to the Google sheet for reference.

FYI: in the form attached to the oath notice, where it asks which city you signed it in, you need to put Fairfax, VA (or wherever your ceremony is), even if you signed it at home in a different city. It's not a big deal though, they let you correct it.

Best of luck to everyone here!

2 hours ago, JHFGNDVQ said:

Had my oath ceremony today — the journey is finally over! I added my dates to the Google sheet for reference.

FYI: in the form attached to the oath notice, where it asks which city you signed it in, you need to put Fairfax, VA (or wherever your ceremony is), even if you signed it at home in a different city. It's not a big deal though, they let you correct it.

Congratulation-))) Thanks for this update))

Can you also share some details of your interview? How was it?  What documents they were asking you to provide? 

2 hours ago, JHFGNDVQ said:

Congratulations! You are done. When did you file originally?

I filed end of January 2020 and my oath at the same location is in a few days.

Can you answer a couple of questions:

How many people were at the ceremony?

How long did it take from when you went in, till you got out all done?

5 minutes ago, tripleee said:

Congratulation-))) Thanks for this update))

Can you also share some details of your interview? How was it?  What documents they were asking you to provide? 

Thank you! The interview was very quick and easy (my green card was employment-based). The only document I uploaded with my application was a clean record from the DMV to show that I paid off a speeding ticket. I brought it to the interview as well, but the officer said the uploaded one was enough. I also had my tax returns for the last 5 years, but they never asked for them. 

8 minutes ago, ThaOne said:

Congratulations! You are done. When did you file originally?

I filed end of January 2020 and my oath at the same location is in a few days.

Can you answer a couple of questions:

How many people were at the ceremony?

How long did it take from when you went in, till you got out all done?

Thank you! I filed on 2/9/2020. 

There were about 15 people at the ceremony. It was scheduled for 10, started around 10:10, and I was out around 10:25.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.