smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Naes said:

Either uscis or the embassy extend the time, don't worry. If it goes to the embassy you can ask them to do it. And in some cases because of NVC and mistakes on their side etc, uscis just reapproved the case and give a new noa2 date.

and the only thing you need to do is schedule the interview before that day. So again don't worry about that. You have enough stress already :) 

Thanks so much for info , much appreciated 😀

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

So, since this May Filers topic starts to be made of people that have been approved more than people that are waiting

(hope for everybody my perception is reality!)

I wanted to ask @Shoegum @Naes @Meech and all those people that love numbers graphics and statistics (sorry I’m an artist 👩🏻‍🎨),

is there any spreadsheet for people waiting NVC?

Feels like we change acronyms but still do the same: freaking waiting! 🧘🏻‍♀️

***Waiting for interview***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, RoamingTheNet said:

My RFE response was received and I got my approval (status update on case) 2 days ago. It took 13 days after USCIS acknowledged my response. So everyone who got an RFE, hang in there!

Did you fax it in or mail it in?

I'm praying for us all 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Fiammetta said:

So, since this May Filers topic starts to be made of people that have been approved more than people that are waiting

I wanted to ask @Shoegum @Naes @Meech and all those people that love numbers graphics and statistics (sorry I’m an artist 👩🏻‍🎨),

Not on my side.

I have 6-7 months of data to go through, unfortunately don't have any more psychological space for more 😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Fiammetta said:

I wouldn't say I like numbers, but it helps me distract myself :jest:

At this point I don't think there's a need for such a spreadsheet because generally people wait for like a month for NVC now. As someone else said though, I think it's USCIS that slow with sending the case to NVC.

K-1 Visa process

05/02/2017: Received Date
05/04/2017: NOA1 
10/24/2017: Request for Additional Evidence
10/28/2017: Request for Additional Evidence hard copy in mail
11/03/2017: Sent RFE response
11/15/2017: USCIS received reply

12/05/2017: NOA2
12/07/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/17/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/19/2018: Case Number Received
01/25/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/27/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/15/2018: Medical
02/22/2018: Interview 
02/22/2018: APPROVED!

03/01/2018: Visa in Hand
03/05/2018: POE Airport
04/18/2018: Married! 

AOS process

05/21/2018 AOS Package Mailed

05/21/2018 Package delivered

06/06/2018 Email and Text notifications received (This is the date on NOA1 too)

06/11/2018 NOA1 in Mail

10/05/2018 EAD/AP received

08/12/2019 Interview scheduled

09/16/2019 Interview date

09/17/2019 Card was sent for production (Approved)

09/19/2019 Card was mailed

09/23/2019 Green card on hand :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Guys I am so confused about what to do after NOA2. Does this apply to K-1 or is this not related to us at all? I thought after NOA2 all we had to do was call NVC to see they got our approved petition and get the number so we can schedule medical and interview, fill out 160, 134, and gather all the documents for interview? 

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/approved/contact.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

Guys I am so confused about what to do after NOA2. Does this apply to K-1 or is this not related to us at all? I thought after NOA2 all we had to do was call NVC to see they got our approved petition and get the number so we can schedule medical and interview, fill out 160, 134, and gather all the documents for interview? 

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/approved/contact.html

I have never seen that. But you are correct, what you said is all that you need, at least thats what I hear everybody sayig. That's all I did and everything went well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Brian and Gilmar said:

Finally some good news on our case.  Our NOA2 was approved 10/24/17.  After a couple weeks, I started calling NVC - always the same reply.  Your case hasn't been received from UCIS yet.  My fiancé emailed the consulate in Rio de Janeiro after 30-something days - they told him to contact them again after 42 days (6weeks) and they would inquire with the NVC and get better tracking on the case.  

Anyway, I kept calling NVC every day or two.  Last call was Tuesday, 11/28.  Still, the case was not received.  I didn't call yesterday.  

THIS MORNING, an email shows up in my inbox from the NVC stating that the case was received, number assigned, and case sent to the consulate all in one day in response to a request from the Rio consulate for expedited processing!   My fiancé went online and completed the DS-160 and filed it almost immediately.  Then he emailed the consulate, and they emailed back in half an hour and said that he would be able to schedule his interview in a day or two!  

I don't know what happened.  It seems too good to be true after so many weeks and months of waiting.  I hope it works out like they say, and I hope for smooth, fast transactions for the rest of all of you!

That's Great News! CONGRATZ!! :D

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Brian and Gilmar said:

Finally some good news on our case.  Our NOA2 was approved 10/24/17.  After a couple weeks, I started calling NVC - always the same reply.  Your case hasn't been received from UCIS yet.  My fiancé emailed the consulate in Rio de Janeiro after 30-something days - they told him to contact them again after 42 days (6weeks) and they would inquire with the NVC and get better tracking on the case.  

Anyway, I kept calling NVC every day or two.  Last call was Tuesday, 11/28.  Still, the case was not received.  I didn't call yesterday.  

THIS MORNING, an email shows up in my inbox from the NVC stating that the case was received, number assigned, and case sent to the consulate all in one day in response to a request from the Rio consulate for expedited processing!   My fiancé went online and completed the DS-160 and filed it almost immediately.  Then he emailed the consulate, and they emailed back in half an hour and said that he would be able to schedule his interview in a day or two!  

I don't know what happened.  It seems too good to be true after so many weeks and months of waiting.  I hope it works out like they say, and I hope for smooth, fast transactions for the rest of all of you!

Congrats and good luck! Everyone is very nice at Rio consulate, so I'm sure you will be fine!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kween said:

Did you fax it in or mail it in?

Congratulations, I am still waiting since on my RFE, they received my response 14 days ago. Maybe because of the Holiday, but I have not heard anything yet. hopefully soon!

Edited by Hey Jude
spelling

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Hey Jude said:

Congratulations, I am still waiting since on my RFE, they received my response 14 days ago. Maybe because of the Holiday, but I have not heard anything yet. hopefully soon!

Did you call USCIS to check after submitting RFE?? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.