Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Eric&Olya said:

Yet another point of view on how and why beneficiaries are ready to pack up and move:)

For me it's a question of prioritizing, and my top priority is my fiance's happiness. I know that I can find a job (almost) anywhere, I can adapt to (almost) any place, I can get on well with (almost) anyone, etc. It might sound too self-assured, but it's true. He, on the other hand, would be miserable in my country. He doesn't speak the language, which makes finding a job difficult, he would miss his family too much, and so on. That said, I could give a dozen of reasons why it would be hard or inconvenient for me to move but I choose not to focus on them, I put my fiance first.

I totally understand your point! 
For him it would be more complicated to come here as well, since he doesn't speak much German. Actually just fragments.

On the other hand, I am gonna leave a lot...

I'm in my company for 10 years now, being assistant of plant manager/human resources agent, and responsible for production staff. 
I am aware, my carreer is over by the time I leave my company and step on a plane. I won't be able to have this job again, but it's ok.
Being a future milspouse I'll have to move anyways, so I'm fine with that, and I got used to the thought of retail or whatever.
Scott said, a part time job would be enough, so I'll see where it leads to. 

My social life is a different thing... that will be a hard one. 

Not for him. He's in the military for 12 years now, constantly moving and deploying all over the planet, used to being away from family and friends. 

I'm far away from most of my friends as well, but.... I'm very active in concerts, so my circle of people is spread out all over Germany and the Netherlands. 
Less than two concerts a month are bad for health :P
So I am out A LOT, touring (mostly "with" my favorite band, who I'm friends with and who are from my area), meeting crazy people all the time.
I will miss that... I was at tv productions, video shoots, so many concerts, got to know so many people, who I love to meet here and there and everywhere. 
I dragged Scott with me as well, while he was here and he did enjoy it, too. 
The music thing will be a big hole in my life, once I'm gone. I was very fortunate to experience so many exciting adventures in the past years. 
This will not be replaceable with anything in the US. There will be new stuff to do, but my life here is priceless - in that case. 

So I'm well used to be far away from friends and family, and only have online contact, but there will be no more gathering in the next time, and that's hard.
Of course the reason to leave is more than worth it, but still I would lie if I'd say it's no big deal for me.

I've developed my lifestyle in the past years, after I lived like an alien for the most part of my life.
I absolutely don't need to start over - I only want to.
That's my thoughts! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

I totally understand your point! 
For him it would be more complicated to come here as well, since he doesn't speak much German. Actually just fragments.

On the other hand, I am gonna leave a lot...

I'm in my company for 10 years now, being assistant of plant manager/human resources agent, and responsible for production staff. 
I am aware, my carreer is over by the time I leave my company and step on a plane. I won't be able to have this job again, but it's ok.
Being a future milspouse I'll have to move anyways, so I'm fine with that, and I got used to the thought of retail or whatever.
Scott said, a part time job would be enough, so I'll see where it leads to. 

My social life is a different thing... that will be a hard one. 

Not for him. He's in the military for 12 years now, constantly moving and deploying all over the planet, used to being away from family and friends. 

I'm far away from most of my friends as well, but.... I'm very active in concerts, so my circle of people is spread out all over Germany and the Netherlands. 
Less than two concerts a month are bad for health :P
So I am out A LOT, touring (mostly "with" my favorite band, who I'm friends with and who are from my area), meeting crazy people all the time.
I will miss that... I was at tv productions, video shoots, so many concerts, got to know so many people, who I love to meet here and there and everywhere. 
I dragged Scott with me as well, while he was here and he did enjoy it, too. 
The music thing will be a big hole in my life, once I'm gone. I was very fortunate to experience so many exciting adventures in the past years. 
This will not be replaceable with anything in the US. There will be new stuff to do, but my life here is priceless - in that case. 

So I'm well used to be far away from friends and family, and only have online contact, but there will be no more gathering in the next time, and that's hard.
Of course the reason to leave is more than worth it, but still I would lie if I'd say it's no big deal for me.

I've developed my lifestyle in the past years, after I lived like an alien for the most part of my life.
I absolutely don't need to start over - I only want to.
That's my thoughts! :)

Yeah, sounds like your social life will be extremely difficult to replace...

Then again, if you are so active, you will find something new wherever you go:) Maybe even start your own band:D "Anonymous Whiners" :D

Spoiler

02/27/2017 - I-129 sent

03/02/2017 - Received date

03/07/2017 - NOA1 text and email

03/10/2017 - NOA1 hard copy

06/14/2017 - RFE mailed

06/17/2017 - RFE received (an unchecked box)

06/19/2017 - response to RFE mailed

06/23/2017 - response to RFE received

06/28/2017 - NOA2 Notice date

07/03/2017 - NOA2 hard copy received

07/11/2017 - NVC case number assigned

07/16/2017 - NVC left

07/17/2017 - Case Ready

07/19/2017 - Packet 3 received

08/18/2017 - Medical

08/23/2017 - Interview - Approved!!!

08/28/2017 - Visa issued

09/04/2017 - Visa in hand

10/27/2017 - POE (JFK)

11/25/2017 - got married!!!

AOS - K-1 + 2 K-2s

01/07/2018 - mailed AOS and EAD forms

01/11/2018 - Received date

01/18/2018 - Notice date

01/22/2018 - text notifications

01/25/2018 - got hard copies

02/12/2018 - biometrics

05/22/2018 - EAD approved 

06/26/2018 - AOS interview

06/27/2018 - AOS approved

07/03/2018 - approval notices received

07/05/2018 - green cards received

4 minutes ago, Eric&Olya said:

Yeah, sounds like your social life will be extremely difficult to replace...

Then again, if you are so active, you will find something new wherever you go:) Maybe even start your own band:D "Anonymous Whiners" :D

Haha, good point! 
If I wasn't totally free of talent! But I'm a very talented clapper lol 

Nah, it will be fine. I have thought about it, Scott knows about it (and he also likes my people), and I have made my decision with all consequences. So I will stick to it and make the best out of it! :)
And for the bigger tour legs I'll just fly in and join the Happy Metal travel group! :)

Everytime he whines about me going to eat all his food and his free time being lost in the future I blame him for screwing up my life plan. I was planning on moving to Hamburg before we got together. 

So it's a win/win. We both screwed each others plans.... and I love we did! :)

Timeline
7 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

So it's a win/win. We both screwed each others plans.... and I love we did! :)

Now you can make new plans together, isn't it wonderful?

I have already talked Eric into a half of my crazy plans, like learning how to dance tango or starting an escape room business:)

Spoiler

02/27/2017 - I-129 sent

06/14/2017 - RFE mailed

07/16/2017 - NVC left

07/17/2017 - Case Ready

08/18/2017 - Medical

08/28/2017 - Visa issued

10/27/2017 - POE (JFK)

AOS - K-1 + 2 K-2s

01/18/2018 - Notice date

02/12/2018 - biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ugh, I really feel like crying/screaming today. As if this entire process isn't emotionally draining enough, I also have to deal with really pathetic people saying things about me and my fiance. Long story short - we work for the same company/same department, just different locations (obviously) and met through work. So many people at his office have been saying things implying that he is just using me for money. They think I am some rich girl because I have an "American salary" but little do they know, I'm just as broke as anybody else! I worked 3 jobs to afford the trips to go visit my fiance and recently moved into a tiny bedroom in a house with friends to save money for this whole process. He's been saving everything he can also. They think because I brought him clothes (all purchased from outlet stores like Ross btw) and sent him a phone (which he paid me for!!) that he is only in it for money. They also say things like "ohh so when are you going to the U.S.?" in such a condescending way that you know exactly what they are thinking.

They have no idea that we had been talking and in love for years prior to me visiting and frankly it's none of their business. Never once has my fiance asked me for money or gifts and he's the one who was originally begging me to just move there and he would take care of me! I had to convince him that moving here to the US was best for our future. Ugh!! My fiance is probably going to put in his notice soon and I hope that makes things better, but a lot of these people are my "friends" too. They all add me on FB and like all of my stuff. Makes me sick that people feel the need to judge others so much. 

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered "Man.... Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."

- The Dalai Lama

25 minutes ago, KozmicBlues said:

Ugh, I really feel like crying/screaming today. As if this entire process isn't emotionally draining enough, I also have to deal with really pathetic people saying things about me and my fiance. Long story short - we work for the same company/same department, just different locations (obviously) and met through work. So many people at his office have been saying things implying that he is just using me for money. They think I am some rich girl because I have an "American salary" but little do they know, I'm just as broke as anybody else! I worked 3 jobs to afford the trips to go visit my fiance and recently moved into a tiny bedroom in a house with friends to save money for this whole process. He's been saving everything he can also. They think because I brought him clothes (all purchased from outlet stores like Ross btw) and sent him a phone (which he paid me for!!) that he is only in it for money. They also say things like "ohh so when are you going to the U.S.?" in such a condescending way that you know exactly what they are thinking.

They have no idea that we had been talking and in love for years prior to me visiting and frankly it's none of their business. Never once has my fiance asked me for money or gifts and he's the one who was originally begging me to just move there and he would take care of me! I had to convince him that moving here to the US was best for our future. Ugh!! My fiance is probably going to put in his notice soon and I hope that makes things better, but a lot of these people are my "friends" too. They all add me on FB and like all of my stuff. Makes me sick that people feel the need to judge others so much. 

Oh for pete sake they are just jealous because they wish they had the love you two have. Honestly I think that people like that are missing something in their lives. I also hate how much people judge. It drives me bonkers. :( Like last night my Mum and I were talking and she assumed that Chris was paying for all my stuff like my medical and stuff. I said um no mum I have been painstakingly saving from every paycheque so that I could pay that myself. I hate that I will have to rely on him for 3-4 months before I can work. I HATE THAT. Soooo I got the second job so that I could save up as much as I could to pay for stuff myself while waiting to work. Like my damn canadian cell phone thats still on contract until 2019 and my credit card which I will have down to almost nothing by then so I can close it out and work on getting an american one. I just wish that our dollar was better bah for like 100 canadian dollars I can get 75 american dollars. BAH lol

1 hour ago, KozmicBlues said:

Chin up, fellow! And keep your head up high!

Let the morons talk... it's only a short time until he's with you, and you don't have to deal with certain people anymore.

I would also not add those on Facebook. It's all none of their business.

I'm broke as hell as well, but still trying to pay for most of my stuff myself. 
Here people are very anti American.
You have no clue how many of this "politics managers" have felt the need to tell me their opinion about DT after the election, just because they know my fiance is USC.

It's so annoying.... 

YOU know what you have together, so live it and show them a middle finger with a smile on your face! Hugs from potatoland! :)

Edited by TearsOfBabylon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, KozmicBlues said:

I've heard very similar things about my fiancee because of where she is from. I can take the mail order bride jokes pretty well, but I worry about my dear sweetheart. She is very sensitive, and I'm sure some dummy some day will say something stupid in front of her. Sometimes people just don't think about how their words will affect people before they open their mouths.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/21/2017 at 7:17 PM, Yasmin&Hab said:

:)

Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
I-129F Sent : 2017-03-17
I-129F NOA1 

2017-03-22

Timeline
8 hours ago, KozmicBlues said:

That's quite insulting to get such an attitude from your colleagues... I can't imagine how frustrated you both are.

On the other hand, I feel pity for losers like them - they are trying to find an excuse for being as miserable as they are, and accusing others of being dishonest seems like an easy way for them. 

My ex-husband used to do the same, telling everyone that I tricked a rich American into marrying me. Little does he know that we have almost the same hourly rate:) Well, my fiance does make more than me, but it's because of his military disability pension, which is not something I would envy.

Spoiler

02/27/2017 - I-129 sent

06/14/2017 - RFE mailed

07/16/2017 - NVC left

07/17/2017 - Case Ready

08/18/2017 - Medical

08/28/2017 - Visa issued

10/27/2017 - POE (JFK)

AOS - K-1 + 2 K-2s

01/18/2018 - Notice date

02/12/2018 - biometrics

On 26/04/2017 at 0:44 PM, BlackbirdRN said:

I like the idea of getting screenshots of future plans & screenshots of video calls every week. Although we talk about our future plans more over the video/audio calls because we don't like long texts lol. Hopefully we have some and include it in our proof of on-going relationship ^_^ We took screenshots of our call logs from the time we used Skype, facebook messenger, facetime. We had a hard time digging in our old facebook messenger video/audio call logs (the app freezes and crashes). 

I don't know if it's advisable to include the duration of the calls or will it just give the interviewer an idea to ask more questions during the interview. (or I'm just overthinking) 

hello . really wondering from what time span of conversations are important? from the beginning of relationship, the rime from sending documents up to approval .. coz if its going to be from start of relationship , that would require a lot of scanning and too bad i changed watsapp number and forgot skype Paswords . 😯

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Maria124 said:

hello . really wondering from what time span of conversations are important? from the beginning of relationship, the rime from sending documents up to approval .. coz if its going to be from start of relationship , that would require a lot of scanning and too bad i changed watsapp number and forgot skype Paswords . 😯

Well, for the interview you are supposed to bring proof of ongoing relationship, that it would be the time frame between when you sent the i129F petition and the interview date... Because supposedly you already sent proof of relationship with the aforementioned petition.

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Good morning March Filers or afternoon or evening wherever you are. ;) I am feeling pretty good today. Gotta head out in a half hour to help my Mum get the newspaper out since its mailing day but that takes 2 hours and then we all go out for lunch. Its a weekly newspaper thats been in my family for over 100 years. Not my cup of tea but I help out on mailing day. My sister and her hubby are taking it over from my Mum when she finally retires in like 10 years. lol

Feeling pretty good today. Just gotta let my brother-in-law know I am taking vacation from July 14th-23rd and that I can not work at the golf course those days. I am heading down to visit Chris then and I am sooooo excited. :) I miss him so so much. I also booked off a weekend in August but that is for my other job as we go on a weekend book buying trip to the city. Kinda sad it will be my last book buying trip with my co-workers. 

Hope you all have a super day!

3 hours ago, Estibaliz said:

Well, for the interview you are supposed to bring proof of ongoing relationship, that it would be the time frame between when you sent the i129F petition and the interview date... Because supposedly you already sent proof of relationship with the aforementioned petition.

Ok. I see.. Thankyou. ☺️ So no need for the old conversations.. And also some applications with videocalls doesnt Have a date on it. I gues call Logs together with those would be good?? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Maria124 said:

Ok. I see.. Thankyou. ☺️ So no need for the old conversations.. And also some applications with videocalls doesnt Have a date on it. I gues call Logs together with those would be good?? 

I reckon that would be just perfect. I have to say I'm not bothering with call logs, since we only video chat on FB during the weekends... Maybe I'm making a mistake with that, but I think emails and Messenger captions are enough, given I can also explain everything in the interview. Hope so! 

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.