Ray&Ash

I-129F November 2016 Filers - Part 2

2,907 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey all ... I'm sorry and I feel really bad for not being able to help you with posting the December scans for the last week. We had trouble with the internet connection and the scans didn't run well. We also had his kids with us and that was important for me to spend time with them. So yes I totally forgot to look into VJ and again ... I apologize for not giving a heads up at least.

Let me know if you need to see them here in the November thread or if it is fine to have them in the Decenber thread.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 29/04/2017 at 3:27 AM, JSWH said:

Girl, I feel for you, I really do!  What your fiance said, that he wouldn't move forward the visa process until you retake TOEFL and get the certain results, sounds like a blackmailing to me. He is wrong! But while I understand your frustration, I want to give you another perspective. 

I believe your fiance cares for you, and want you adjast well in the new country. He wants you to learn the language, and get a degree, which will help you in the future to gain confidence, independece, financial stability, etc. But he should have supported and ecouraged you instead of blackmailing you with delaying the petition. 

Girl, do not give up so easily. Despite what you think right now, TOEFL is very easy, even primitive. The key to a good score is vocabulary. This is coming from someone who prepared for the test and scored 104. Please, google "400 essential words for TOEFL", or invest in the book. When you learn those 400 words, you'll pass the test with flying colors. Knowing the words will let you score very high on Reading and Listening. Judging by your post, your writing is fine, therefore you shouldn't have problems with Writing either. Just make sure you know the requiraments for the essays. To train for Speaking you can google the list of sample questions, and try to work on them with your fiance on skype (that's what we did). Hundreds of thousands people take TOEFL every year, and get decent scores. Why you shouldn't be one of them? You totally can do that! If you want to start new life in America, you need to put some effort in it. 

If you can't afford to talke classes, there are plenty of online sites to help you to prepare. Please, check here

Talk to your fiance and explaine him, that blackmailing rarely works in relationships, while mutual support, encouragement, and respect always do. You still have plenty of time till the final stage of the visa process to prepare for TOEFL. Give it a try. Good luck to you!

Hi, I really appreciate the fact that you spent some time to read my post, and also give me an advice, that's really nice of you.

In the beginning of this 'turbulence' I couldn't see a way to keep going with my relationship, or any reason to try to retake my TOEFL, but now that my mind cooled down a little bit, I realized that it's worth to give one more try to myself, if I want to start a new and successful life in US, it requires an effort.

I'm just afraid if retake the TOEFL this month (may) or the latest of June, it may be too late to continue with the process, I don't know if it has an expiration date, we got the NOA 2 on March 23rd, and since then we didn't give any step forward. Anyways, do you know if it has a deadline to keep going with process?

Also thank you so much for the TOEFL links, it will be helpful for my studies, I have the TOEFL book which also can give a huge support to prepare myself to retake the test.

Thank you so much, 

On 2017-4-28 at 4:57 PM, Samires Morais said:

Hey Priscila How are you??

So the reason that I came here today it's to update my timelime and tell you that me and my ex fiance didn't work out. Unfortunately, he wanted me to take to TOEFL (Linguistic test of proficiency) he wanted me to get ready to get to go to school right after I get in US. I was supposed to get 78 in the test for the school that he wanted me to go to, but i only could get 68 on the test, yeah it sound weird and crazy, and actually it is, he totally based our love on a stupid test score, 2 years of a relationship and so many amazing and unforgettable moments he throw on the trash. I still can't believe that he did such a thing. I took that test on March 11th, and the score came out on the 21st, he got really disappointed with me, and on March 23rd the NOA 2 got APPROVED, but he said he wasn't moving forward with the petition until I get 78 on my TOEFL test, which has absolutely NOTHING to do with the visa. Well I think he does't love me then if he base our relationship on a test.

Now, our petition is there with the APPROVED status, but I don't know what to do, because only him as the petitioner can either go forward and or cancel it. He said he is not going to cancel neither, he want to be with me so if i really want go forward with this process I have to take the test again.

What a nightmare, after living 1 year and 4 months in a long distance relationship, he did that to me. I'm totally broke.

Good luck for you and everybody that got the lucky to have a guy that has true love not based on a score test.

HELLO , SORRY FOR YOU

i cant belive, that your fiance prefer a score in a test that be with you.

that really show that he doesnt love you, because when you love someone all you want is be with that person as soon as posible.

maybe he is looking a reson to end the relationshp, or he only want you to go on vacation time to Brazil.

i dont understand why he do that, you can learn better the english studying at USA .

sorry for you but he snt the right person for you, he isnt thinkinng to be together with you as soon as posible.

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

1 hour ago, Samires Morais said:

Hi, I really appreciate the fact that you spent some time to read my post, and also give me an advice, that's really nice of you.

In the beginning of this 'turbulence' I couldn't see a way to keep going with my relationship, or any reason to try to retake my TOEFL, but now that my mind cooled down a little bit, I realized that it's worth to give one more try to myself, if I want to start a new and successful life in US, it requires an effort.

I'm just afraid if retake the TOEFL this month (may) or the latest of June, it may be too late to continue with the process, I don't know if it has an expiration date, we got the NOA 2 on March 23rd, and since then we didn't give any step forward. Anyways, do you know if it has a deadline to keep going with process?

Also thank you so much for the TOEFL links, it will be helpful for my studies, I have the TOEFL book which also can give a huge support to prepare myself to retake the test.

Thank you so much, 

this person isnt the right for you, a person who base the relationship on a score isnt right.

he doesnt love you enough.

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

No updates for Nov. cases tonight. :( But there were 3 additional "Response to RFE Received" updates for 5/1 after my post from yesterday.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, AkesAngel said:

Hey all ... I'm sorry and I feel really bad for not being able to help you with posting the December scans for the last week. We had trouble with the internet connection and the scans didn't run well. We also had his kids with us and that was important for me to spend time with them. So yes I totally forgot to look into VJ and again ... I apologize for not giving a heads up at least.

Let me know if you need to see them here in the November thread or if it is fine to have them in the Decenber thread.

You do SO MUCH in bringing helpful info and experience to so many of us searching for hope and answers. You are certainly entitled to have a life with your loved one's family. Ultimately, that life is what you are working towards....as we all are on here!! You are an inspiration to many....including me. I finally was able to get my NVC case # today by phone with my love on Skype waiting to get the info.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bob_B said:

You do SO MUCH in bringing helpful info and experience to so many of us searching for hope and answers. You are certainly entitled to have a life with your loved one's family. Ultimately, that life is what you are working towards....as we all are on here!! You are an inspiration to many....including me. I finally was able to get my NVC case # today by phone with my love on Skype waiting to get the info.

Thank you for your words ... I feel better now and will continue to be a positive part for ppl in VJ! I know how much help I found here and and I'm really happy that I can give back at least a little bit!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Samires Morais said:

Thank you so much, 

Yes, normally NOA2 is valid for 4 months. It's stated on the hardcopy of your NOA2. Hence, your deadline is July 23. However, the Embassy has the authority to extend its validity for another 4 months. All you, or your fiance, should do is just contact the Embassy, preferably by email, and ask them to extend your NOA2. You don't have to give a specific reason, just mention work or family circumstances that require you to stay in your home country for a longer time. If you do that, you will have plenty of time to prepare for your TOEFL. Please remember that statistically, people who take TOEFL the second time score 10 points higher on average. They do better just because they get familiar with the format of the exam. I hope this will encourage you!

Don't listen to anybody on the Internet whe tells you that your faince doesn't love you just because he wants you to succed on TOEFL and go to school. To me it's a sign of maturity and realistic apporach to life. Let's be honest. Love is important, but bills must be paid, and two incomes are better than one. Only you can know who is right for you, and who is not. Do yourself a favour, make an effort on your TOEFL. Even if this relationship does not work out, you lose nothing. Your knowledge and TOEFL certificate will remain with you. 

I wish you luck in your endeavors. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello there @geowrian
My fiance is closing to  his interview . We've had to use my mom as a Joint Sponsor and she has filled out all of the paperwork and supporting documents
for the I-134 Affidavit of Support 
me and mom in same household and she claim  taxes  for me since  2010 
so the question is, what are supporting documents for my I-134 form? Do i use a copy of her tax papers (1040) which my name is tacken down? 

Thank you all very much and I look forward to being answered by someone!

Edited by C.ezz

Timeline
10 hours ago, geowrian said:

No updates for Nov. cases tonight. :( But there were 3 additional "Response to RFE Received" updates for 5/1 after my post from yesterday.

are we sure they posted last night, it doesnt seem any december cases were updated either?

3 hours ago, C.ezz said:

My fiance is closing to  his interview . We've had to use my mom as a Joint Sponsor and she has filled out all of the paperwork and supporting documents
for the I-134 Affidavit of Support 
me and mom in same household and she claim  taxes  for me since  2010 
so the question is, what are supporting documents for my I-134 form? Do i use a copy of her tax papers (1040) which my name is tacken down? 

She needs to provide a signed I-134 along with all the same types of evidence as the primary sponsor. This includes paystubs, a letter of employment, bank letter(s), a 2016 tax transcript (OR a copy of the tax returns + W2s), etc

A 1040 can be provided along with all W2s and other forms of proof of income used on it, but the tax transcripts are simpler and preferred (https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript).

51 minutes ago, Adriana&Marko said:

I have a question when u send back your rfe how long to hear back from immigration I hope not 5 months again!😕

It varies based on the nature of the RFE, but about a week is average once they acknowledge receipt. Some waited a couple days, and some have waited several weeks without a response yet.

41 minutes ago, hy2016 said:

are we sure they posted last night, it doesnt seem any december cases were updated either?

Nope..unfortunately, with the limited amount of Nov. data available, it's hard to tell if they didn't update or they did update and just not have anything. I haven't seen the Dec. cases update, but if that's also 0, then it's likely that USCIS just didn't update their system. I'll check my scan tonight for updates from yesterday.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
22 minutes ago, geowrian said:

She needs to provide a signed I-134 along with all the same types of evidence as the primary sponsor. This includes paystubs, a letter of employment, bank letter(s), a 2016 tax transcript (OR a copy of the tax returns + W2s), etc

A 1040 can be provided along with all W2s and other forms of proof of income used on it, but the tax transcripts are simpler and preferred (https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript).

It varies based on the nature of the RFE, but about a week is average once they acknowledge receipt. Some waited a couple days, and some have waited several weeks without a response yet.

Nope..unfortunately, with the limited amount of Nov. data available, it's hard to tell if they didn't update or they did update and just not have anything. I haven't seen the Dec. cases update, but if that's also 0, then it's likely that USCIS just didn't update their system. I'll check my scan tonight for updates from yesterday.

yeah i am thinking no update was made last night :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.